Important question and opinion :)

BruceVC

Ignore list? Oh please, such things are for mental pussies anyway. Heck, even Hitler BruceVC can say something interesting from time to time.

You can still read messages from people you put on ignore. For example you can still read posts from Hitler BruceVC (or whoever you ignore) if it seems worth doing so.

I admit I use the Ignore list, even though usually its because they're people who post large volumes of what is, to me at least, dribble and I was getting carpal tunnel scrolling past walls of text.

I can recommend any of the *chans for some anonymous ****posting. It's an art in itself. Super-fun, it's super-awesome! Here, it's another matter though.

Ignore list? Oh please, such things are for mental pussies anyway.

Not really. I've used the ignore list before. Not because I can't take criticism or "badthink" but because some people just never post anything worth reading. Might as well read poems on a bathroom wall. Here I sit all broken hearted... came to **** but couldn't because of patriarchy.

Besides, i enjoy a platform were one can exchange ideas in an eloquent manner,

Snrk!

No need to defend yourself. You do what you want do, but before you know it, you will miss something of great wonder!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Fair enough.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You can't ignore Moderators.

Yep. Don't think I've ever been on a forum where you could.

I admit I use the Ignore list, even though usually its because they're people who post large volumes of what is, to me at least, dribble and I was getting carpal tunnel scrolling past walls of text.

Yes...and I love opening up a person whom I've put on my ignore list's post, skimming it for a couple of seconds, and thinking, "Yep, that's why I did this." I just wish I wouldn't view their posts so often to reaffirm that I'm correct in expecting what I'm now getting by viewing their posts. original.gif

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Sure I can, I haven't paid attention to them in years!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sure I can, I haven't paid attention to them in years!

And they're so glad!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

And they're so glad!

Don't think most of them are capable of such an emotion, to be honest.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Don't think most of them are capable of such an emotion, to be honest.

They're ever so slightly less annoyed?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

They're ever so slightly less annoyed?

Sold.

If I only wanted to hear my own opinions echoed I'd got to libertypost.org or freerepublic.com or something (well, I'm persona non grata at the latter). 

Consider my curiosity piqued.

About those sites or why I was banned from Free Republic?

I just checked FR... I'm still banned!

Dear Guard Dog

Your posting privilege has been revoked.

Reason:

troll

Okay

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If I only wanted to hear my own opinions echoed I'd got to libertypost.org or freerepublic.com or something (well, I'm persona non grata at the latter). 

Consider my curiosity piqued.

About those sites or why I was banned from Free Republic?

The reason you were banned. I've found out the hard way that it's better for my blood pressure to keep my distance from any congregation of internet libertarians (present company excluded).

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

:lol:  You won't find any libertarians on Free Republic. That is all Republicans of the "neo-con" stripe. Libertarians are shown the door... to wit see above.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't remember specifically but I do know it was about the Patriot Act. I was and still am against it. GWB was President then and he walked on water over there. Remember what I said about how people are willing to tolerate the worst kind of overreach as long as it is "their guy" doing it? It was in that vein.

Thomas Sowell

I use ignore list (mostly to ignore signatures, but also some people whose posting style/messages just bore me), but you BruceVC aren't on it, I can promise if you had such fears. And I am not sure who got offended by this sentence "In my country people like me help people make the right decision....think about it Elerond wouldnt it be better not having  to think about a solution when I can just tell you the right answer.....", as it was targeted to me and didn't offend me, so... I didn't reply to it because I didn't feel that I had anything worth my while to say. And debate before it was just typical reflex debate where somebody in internet said something that I strongly disagree so I need to reply to it (you probably would be surprised how many times I write long posts to answer to something that somebody has said that don't have anything to do with the actual topic here just to delete it before I post it :) )