The drinking thread

ShadySands

Avery Brewin Co. Pump[KY]n - Porter brewed with pumpkin and spices and aged in a bourbon barrel - 18.8% alcohol

It's an explosion of flavor and I'm not sure in a good way. A little too much bourbon

Sorry it wasn't nice, I would have bought it too as the blurb sounds intriguing.

Here's an interesting drink, but can't be bought anymore. Bailey's Whiskey.

Bailey's sold a bunch of used barrels to Irish Distillers, during a barrel shortage, as the barrels had a coating of Balleys Irish Cream inside, Irish Distillers used Whiskey to clean them out, via soaking. The Bailey's imbued the whiskey with a distinctive taste. It can't be bought anymore, but I have one bottle that was given to me at release. I never opened it, so I don't know what it tastes like.

https://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/baileys-irish-whiskey

post-185618-0-99658300-1528628909_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fiach
  • Like 1

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Whose IPA is the best? I have a hard time arguing against  Goose Island.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Whose IPA is the best? I have a hard time arguing against  Goose Island.

In terms of mass market IPA's? I guess they are ok. The thing is, the star of any IPA is the hop, and the larger the batch, the harder it is to really get the hoppiness to shine through. Plus you have a relatively short life before that hop flavor dilutes, and there are so many different types of flavor profiles. Piney? Dank? Citrus? For my money, Stone makes the best dank brews, 21st Amendment nails citrus, and Deschutes has some solid piney beers. Fresh small batches are always going to beat large industrial batches.

My best IPA was the one I brewed at home using Citra as a finishing hop. I put a bag of hops directly in the keg and tapped it. It was crazy fresh and captured the Citra perfectly.

• Like 1

I have 10 fat red and juicy sweet homegrown watermelons sitting on my counter. Today I am making watermelon wine. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sorry, I avoid IPA's like the plague they taste like

I'm confused, whenever I hear IPA I think of isopropyl alcohol...which is great once you water it down and add some lime to it. Best part of my job.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Not too into Gin, but tried a relatively new Gin called Bareksten that's supposedly the best in the world (and coincidentally from the city I live in).

Are you drinking that stuff pure, or as gin and tonic?

I found my favorite Gin (and tonic water): Wellinghouse Premium London Dry Gin (from a discounter) and Thomas Henry tonic water, with lime or lemon.

We had some Skin & Hendricks Gin on the weekend, can't really tell the difference, especially in a longdrink!

Edited by MrMoe

I was in Dyersburg today so of course I stopped at Lucky's package store because they seem to find all the unusual brands. This piqued my interest:

bird-dog-blackberry-flavored-whiskey-ken

I've had two 3 finger low balls on ice and I have formed an opinion. It's pretty good. The blackberry sweetness is subtle. Kind of in the background.  It's not as dark or as oaky and smoky as i prefer corn whiskey to be. It was only aged 4 years which is at best half as long as it should have been. Overall it doesn't suck and wouldn't throw it away if someone gave it to me. Don't think i'll buy it again though. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Not too into Gin, but tried a relatively new Gin called Bareksten that's supposedly the best in the world (and coincidentally from the city I live in).

Are you drinking that stuff pure, or as gin and tonic?

I found my favorite Gin (and tonic water): Wellinghouse Premium London Dry Gin (from a discounter) and Thomas Henry tonic water, with lime or lemon.

We had some Skin & Hendricks Gin on the weekend, can't really tell the difference, especially in a longdrink!

Pure

653834.jpg

2012 Serafin Père et Fils Morey St. Denis 1er Cru Les Millandes

Very dark on the nose, a smoky and meaty composition of black fruits and black pepper. Tastes similarly. Fills the mouth nicely. Very rustic in style. Early still, will likely get better. Not necessarily what I look for in a Burgundy Pinot, but still a good and relatively interesting wine. 90/100

Edited by Thingolfin

• 1 month later...

I had an incredibly stressful and crappy day at work so  on my way home Ipicked up six bottles of Stiegl Paracelsus Organic Zwickl beer.

That was pretty good. Also somewhat drunk now.

It's been a long time since I got drunk. A couple years ago I would have shrugged off six 0.5l bottles of beers with no real issue but I am certainly a good deal sh*tfaced right now. It's kinda hard to type. Damn.

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I had the strangest rum and coke ever. I think it was Crystal Pepsi and Captain Morgan White or Silver. Once I got past the novelty of a clear rum and coke I think I was too drunk to judge it fairly so I just had a few more before calling it a night.

Free games updated 3/4/21

This looks easy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=472&v=_Ld4hO_GeP0

Mead, mead, mead. Stupid bees and their stupid honey. Would it kill them to get some beer every once in a while?

• Like 4

Thomas Sowell

I wish I had some Fireball!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Last night I made 5 gallons of mead. Now we play the waiting game. See you in 9 months. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JVNMmsN3Co

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell