RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

I will say this about Ubisoft, god bless their soul for still making games. The art is always sublime but it is the same tired formula which now seems be getting buggier by the iteration. Still they release games frequently enough that it keeps them afloat since the are filling in the gaps in between  releases. Yet I remember what Ubisoft was during the Prince of Persia days, and it just makes me sad that Ubisoft has joined the rest of the entertainment industries in their walk to mediocrity.

Or you could buy games from the developers, which still did not fall into mediocrity, and you could fill the gaps much better ;)

I really do not understand some of you. You people are complaining a lot about the state of AAA, and you are still buying AAA stuff, well yes there are some exceptions like Fallouts or Wolfensteins, but I am reading all the time how you ended up disapointed by their latest release, but still rushing to preorder their newest ****, despite your disapointment.

*shakes head*

I do not rush to buy AAA games anymore. I can't speak for anyone else, though. The last AAA game I purchased day one was Witcher 3.

I haven't bought, or preordered, an EA title since Titanfall. I wasn't disappointed with it, and will say it is my favorite competitive shooter in years. Prior to that was DA2 and BF3. I hated DA2, but BF3 was good. I did get BF4 well after launch, but it was just BF3.5 in a lot of ways.

Activision makes very little I care for, and that includes Blizzard. So my last preorder or early purchase was CoD 4. I don't play WoW, Starcraft 2 didn't have enough for me to justify $60, and Diablo 3 had the RMAH which I found an abhorrent idea and boycotted on general principle.

Take Two... Probably Bioshock Infinite, but I wasn't really disappointed. It was about what I expected.

Ubisoft... I can't think of the last title I preordered or bought close to release. They don't make much I care about these days, and what little I do buy is on a steam/gmg/whatever sale. Even then it's rare.

Rockstar - I would preorder Red Dead Redemption 2, but little else. I haven't bought anything from them day one since GTA 3.

WB Games - probably the one I am guilty of because I did buy Arkham Knight day one, but it ran well enough on my PC to beat it. My issues with it were mostly story related, and the Batmobile being annoying.

Anyway, my point is that I don't go in blind anymore, and haven't for many years. I especially don't go in blind on Ubisoft or EA though. At this point most of my gaming is via indie devs, and I do support kickstarters. I am picky about crowd funding though. I have only backed PoE, Torment, Shadowrun games, Shenmue 3, Hard West, and Star Citizen. Between the titles I listed and Wasteland 2 and FTL... I like Kickstarter's track record (more than AAA these days, but that is personal preference.

• Like 1

I trust Kickstarter and Indies now more than AAA as well, but very picky myself. I am guilty of preordering Some Japanese games on PS3 and PS4 though. But so far, I was disapointed only once. With Lightning Returns. And with that record, Final Fantasy XV will be probably my last Square Enix game, because I really do not like where they are heading, with their games. Namco Bandai, Tecmo Koei, and Nippon Ichi have still my trust (Tales of..., Atelier, Neptunia and Souls games are enough to keep me occupied for the next few years). Besides that, I fell in love in Paradox games, which will occupy me as well. Everything else, what I need is on GOG :-)

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I trust Kickstarter and Indies now more than AAA as well, but very picky myself. I am guilty of preordering Some Japanese games on PS3 and PS4 though. But so far, I was disapointed only once. With Lightning Returns. And with that record, Final Fantasy XV will be probably my last Square Enix game, because I really do not like where they are heading, with their games. Namco Bandai, Tecmo Koei, and Nippon Ichi have still my trust (Tales of..., Atelier, Neptunia and Souls games are enough to keep me occupied for the next few years). Besides that, I fell in love in Paradox games, which will occupy me as well. Everything else, what I need is on GOG :-)

I don't play much from Japan these days. The older I get the less I like Japanese story telling, but that goes back to personal preference. I did love the first Castlevania Lords of Shadow, though. (I'm an old MetroidVania nerd). I would eat up a new Metroid, too. I haven't played Lords of Shadow 2, but snagged it on sale a while back. Although, since Capcom is relelasing SF5 on Linux... I may toss them money on principle. Other than DLC shenanigans... I cant see them screwing up a Street Fighter game too much. I do prefer the SNK games to Capcom, though. I will buy Tekken 7 day one, and that is even considering my main (Lei Wulong) isn't in the game, and that I've given up hope he will be. I can play as Heihachi and Paul well enough to overlook it.

I try to support GOG and Paradox where I can. Mostly because they are both awesome. I actually bought Witcher 3 just to support CDPR knowing that I would likely lose interest before beating it (Which I did). They put a lot of love into their titles, and although I have issues with said titles... They deserve support. Even if I buy a steam copy of something (like PoE for quick and easy patching) I usually get a GOG version as well, but sometimes a little later. GOG Galaxy is changing that, though. It looks promising so far.

I forgot 2 Activision titles I got early on. Transformers Fall of Cybertron was a day one purchase because of 5 reasons:

1) playable Jazz

2) playable Grimlock

3) playable Starscream

4) Metroplex was in the game

5) War of Cybertron was a blast for an old TF nerd like myself.

I also snagged a PS4 copy of Transformers Devastation on sale during Xmas, but haven't gotten around to playing it. If it looks like or nods to Gen 1 Transformers... I will likely buy it. Obsidian, call Activision and see if they will let you make a TF RPG. ;)

Gameplay video of Deserts of Kharak. Warning: TotalBiscuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYRibkfPXM0&ab_channel=TotalBiscuit,TheCynicalBrit

It looks ... Ok I suppose. I mean I guess a lot of gameplay elements from Homeworld actually transferred and Homeworld approached space like desert a lot more than traditional sea equivalent, buuut it still feels weird. I guess I'll wait for some reviews especially concerning the campaign as that'll most likely be my main potential deal breaker. I'm also not a fan of what seem to be fairly small maps - long distance logistics were always a big deal in Homeworld games. Units also seem way too bullet spongy. Oh well.

Anyway, apparently, the game was supposed to be Homeworld game from the getgo but the studio failed to acquire license, Gearbox allowed them to use it later on tho.

No key remapping. On a PC RTS title.

Perhaps someone with coding experience could clarify, but that very much seems like something that would take less than a day to do. It poses a more serious question, if they didn't bother with that what other holes are in the multiplayer. What else is missing.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Gameplay video of Deserts of Kharak. Warning: TotalBiscuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYRibkfPXM0&ab_channel=TotalBiscuit,TheCynicalBrit

No key remapping?  What?  Are you ****ing kidding me?  I know that may sound like a nitpick, but it's really not.  Custom hotkeys are crucial to a RTS.  That is either an oversight of epic proportions or one heck of a boneheaded design decision.  Hopefully, it's something they can patch in.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's true. I was like wtf as well, because I don't like some of their settings. Thing is, the menu *looks* like it should be possible... Clicking the lines just doesn't do anything. So who knows, maybe it is a bug or something.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

What's the best macro programmable mouse out there. Mine only has 12 additional buttons. Not enough.

geez, cant even imagine to work with such mouse, people are spoiled today, when I was young we would have mechanical mouses, with 2 buttons, that was hardcore xD

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

What's the best macro programmable mouse out there. Mine only has 12 additional buttons. Not enough. 

This mouse offers 19 programmable buttons: Razer Naga Epic Chroma.

That's the one I've got. 19 total 12 on the side. You can't actually get the drivers for it without signing up for spam. That's right you have to create an account and register your product, then they let you download the applet. 

So yeah, this is my first and last Razer product. 

• Like 3

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

yeah its starting to be pretty anoying. I am now on business trip in UK and I have paid for my internet in hotel. Guess what, to get into internet I have to create account a supply email adress and my personal details. Man I was so pissed

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

These work fairly well for any scenario where your email gets verified and then associated with your account. Some are blocked, but usually it only takes a while to find a temporary email address which works. But yes, I should not have to do that, especially not on a bloody vacation.

• Like 3

Is there anybody left from the Baldur's Gate days now?

Janitor?

I bet all the decent people, like Janitors, left the company right the first day after EA merger :-P

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I bet all the decent people, like Janitors, left the company right the first day after EA merger :-P

Incorrect. Big development companies like EA fire their janitorial staff right after they're finished cleaning the building, and hire new ones the next day.
  • Like 2