Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Rosbjerg

Such low level trolling, death or illness threads are just too easy - sympathy or hatred from Internet proles is meaningless, really.

Yeah I agree...its like now someone has said something REALLY nasty...but the truth is its all just words and people who are bitter. 

And TB knows the rules and the reality of his world. This is how it goes 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I mean TB is really only a "minor "  Internet celebrity who has his supporters but clearly is also seen as a supporter of GG which means he would be reviled. I would also be saying  " I am glad he is dying ' if I was a committed anti-GG. Its just words on the Internet...it means nothing especially in this context

What context makes it okay to want someone dead whose biggest crime is that people "revile" him on the internet?

I mean common, its the internet.  Pretty much anyone of note announces they're going to die there's some **** waiting to post anonymously about how glad they are they're dying.  But in this case you seem to be saying you're perfectly okay with people wishing death and experiencing glee over same just because they annoyed some electrons in a way that annoyed you.

Seems a bit...out of proportion, maybe?

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Such low level trolling, death or illness threads are just too easy - sympathy or hatred from Internet proles is meaningless, really.

Yeah I agree...its like now someone has said something REALLY nasty...but the truth is its all just words and people who are bitter. 

Still, to find pleasure in someones inevitable death is a new low, even for a SJW. They prove time and again how disconnected from reality they are.

• Like 1

Still, to find pleasure in someones inevitable death is a new low, even for a SJW. They prove time and again how disconnected from reality they are.

Come now, lets try to have an honest discussion. You guys don't care about what SJ stands for on the Internet , you label it all as SJW as an insult 

And I'm fine with that because I understand how for years  white, male gamers have been the target of a  level of criticism that in some cases really was unfair. And how  have you guys dealt with it, everyone is a SJW ...its just easier that way instead of having to rationalize the criticism.

But where I'm going with this is those guys arent SJW or even SJ interested..they anti-GG which has become its own label 

I'm someone who cares about SJ issues but in RL not on the Internet :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I mean TB is really only a "minor "  Internet celebrity who has his supporters but clearly is also seen as a supporter of GG which means he would be reviled. I would also be saying  " I am glad he is dying ' if I was a committed anti-GG. Its just words on the Internet...it means nothing especially in this context

What context makes it okay to want someone dead whose biggest crime is that people "revile" him on the internet?

I mean common, its the internet.  Pretty much anyone of note announces they're going to die there's some **** waiting to post anonymously about how glad they are they're dying.  But in this case you seem to be saying you're perfectly okay with people wishing death and experiencing glee over same just because they annoyed some electrons in a way that annoyed you.

Yeah it may seem strange my indifference but it has a valid reason 

This is not about TB, this is about the level of debate between people like that and other ideologues on  GG. You are trying to rationalize a normal response from me but how can I when nothing people like that say matters as its not based on normal thinking

So I'm not going to pretend to show shock for something thats not real...its like they tainted and irrational...I'm not going to give them any recognition :)

John Milton 

GhoulishVisage, on 16 Oct 2015 - 10:02 AM, said:

3inj6m7.jpg?1

I don't understand people like this.

Do they think that a thin and easily cracked veneer of "niceness" and having the "correct views" makes up for their sociopathy and lack of empathy?

The cherry on top:

fSO6d4W.jpg

What is it called when you take some horrible part of your personality and project it onto others so you don't feel so ****ty about yourself?

Oh yeah, it's called being a ****ing ***hole.

A near sociopathic lack of empathy and hypocrisy, not unexpected or a first from these "people." What astounds me is that they still stick to the false narrative of victimhood and that Mr Bain has tried to harass them in any way, shape or form. Truly pathetic.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

This is not about TB, this is about the level of debate between people like that and other ideologues on  GG. You are trying to rationalize a normal response from me but how can I when nothing people like that say matters as its not based on normal thinking

So I'm not going to pretend to show shock for something thats not real...its like they tainted and irrational...I'm not going to give them any recognition :)

Saying "I'm glad he's dying" isn't indifference, which you claim capability of.

What does the level of debate - or even whether they're ideologues or not - when a person says they're dying, unless you're arguing that you don't think he's dying and he's doing this as some sort of bid for sympathy which still warrants the question of why anyone saying "I'm glad he's dying" is considered good form?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"Guys does this type of behavior really bother you? I mean TB is really only a "minor "  Internet celebrity who has his supporters but clearly is also seen as a supporter of GG which means he would be reviled. I would also be saying  " I am glad he is dying ' if I was a committed anti-GG. Its just words on the Internet...it means nothing especially in this context"

Be honest. If Quinn or Sarkesian posted theyw rre dying and a bunch of piece of crap GGers were posting 'I'm glad she's dying' or 'her dying is karma' or some other such nonsense you'd be scremaing bloody murder and using it as 'proof' of misogny.

Comments like that are EVIL. PERIOD.

But, I'm not surprised. Nazi SJWs will be Nazi SJWs.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I like how unabashedly racist towards himself. L0L Such self hatred is hilarious!

If white people are so evil  he should give all his money away because as a white person he doesn't deserve it. He probably stole it from some minority anyways.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I like how unabashedly racist towards himself. L0L Such self hatred is hilarious!

If white people are so evil  he should give all his money away because as a white person he doesn't deserve it. He probably stole it from some minority anyways.

It's the same rich kids that read some Foucault and somehow think that they have it all figured out about power structures and deconstructing them, when in reality they are using his literature as tool for their misplaced racism and projected self-hatred. 

Right now, the academia enables such stupid ideas to go uncontested without debate in this climate of post-modernism where nothing means anything except for power. When i become God Emperor of mankind, I will put them into the wilderness where they would have to learn to survive by themselves and the only literature provided will be Augustine, Aquinas, Plato, and Gramsci for good measure to compare to, so they can finally understand their folly and come out as men, rulers of themselves and their destiny and not as whining maggots.

****ing Frankfurt School and all their disciples. Obfuscators in the search of truth, rapers of beauty, celebrators of banality, begetters of hedonism and tailors of the destruction of civilization.

Or maybe they just need unconditional love, that might help in any case. 

Welp, typing as I am almost falling asleep by the computer. Sorry about the rambling, folks.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

To be fair I saw people on /v/ cheering as he'd become too much of an SJW.

Tired of internet edginess tbh.

CRasEm5VAAA9gph.jpg

Is McIntosh bored with video games and moving on to other targets?

I can't think of any major examples off the top of my head?

****ing Frankfurt School and all their disciples. Obfuscators in the search of truth, rapers of beauty, celebrators of banality, begetters of hedonism and tailors of the destruction of civilization.

Irony. Edited by Barothmuk

I hope McIntosh breaks his big toe.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Saying "I'm glad he's dying" isn't indifference, which you claim capability of.

What does the level of debate - or even whether they're ideologues or not - when a person says they're dying, unless you're arguing that you don't think he's dying and he's doing this as some sort of bid for sympathy which still warrants the question of why anyone saying "I'm glad he's dying" is considered good form?

But I'm not saying "I'm glad he is dying ", I am saying  certain anti-GG people are saying that and I'm not prepared to condemn them because that would mean I believe this type of exchange has relevance 

Look I can see what you trying to make me see, it does seem like I'm being difficult over what should be a display of reasonable criticism from me. But I really don't get involved at all in GG...so I have no idea of the real background around why they said it ?

I don't know TB  at all....I know who he is. Of course I personally feel bad for his diagnosis but I am not going to start involving myself or my personal time in this circus again. The majority of people on both sides have no real interest in proper SJ causes and just pay lip service so I spend time elsewhere :) 

John Milton 

"Guys does this type of behavior really bother you? I mean TB is really only a "minor "  Internet celebrity who has his supporters but clearly is also seen as a supporter of GG which means he would be reviled. I would also be saying  " I am glad he is dying ' if I was a committed anti-GG. Its just words on the Internet...it means nothing especially in this context"

Be honest. If Quinn or Sarkesian posted theyw rre dying and a bunch of piece of crap GGers were posting 'I'm glad she's dying' or 'her dying is karma' or some other such nonsense you'd be scremaing bloody murder and using it as 'proof' of misogny.

But there is a difference, I know and respect Quinn and what she went through, so yes I would care

I don't like or support Anita anymore so I would also stay out of it

I don't know TB, I don't think I have ever read one of his links so he has no identity for me?

John Milton 

But there is a difference, I know and respect Quinn and what she went through, so yes I would care

I don't know TB, I don't think I have ever read one of his links so he has no identity for me?

Then why are you even commenting on it?  I don't know the guy either, but I sympathize with anyone dealing with cancer.  However it really isn't my place to comment on it because I am not familiar with his work, and would rather leave that to his fans.  Have some decorum.

Then why are you even commenting on it?  I don't know the guy either, but I sympathize with anyone dealing with cancer.  However it really isn't my place to comment on it because I am not familiar with his work, and would rather leave that to his fans.  Have some decorum.

Well yes I am trying to stay out of it but people want me to comment, I obviously know who he is but I have never followed him

And my original comment wasnt about him but rather the comments from those anti-GG guys. And I simply stated people shouldn't get upset about what they said but inevitably this debate forces you to also discuss TB...so it can't be ignored about of politeness 

John Milton 

Civilisation and Europa Universalis were both originally board games, and fairly well known. It's McIntosh anyway, he'll be hyperbolising same as always.

I imagine things like Small World and the like as well.  Anything that involves expanding an empire and controlling territory probably falls under "colonialism" as far as McIntosh is concerned.

Come again?

But anyhow, it's ok to downplay suffering and be callous when you haven't established an identity for the victim.

Updated my SJWmorals.txt. 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Come again?

But anyhow, it's ok to downplay suffering and be callous when you haven't established an identity for the victim.

Updated my SJWmorals.txt. 

Sorry I meant I have followed her and her trials and tribulations 

But Meshugger I want to give you and others some advice and please just assume its true and believe it, I'm not being condescending but rather want to help you guys understand this whole anti-GG better

You can dislike people like Anita and Alexander and that is perfectly understandable but Quinn needs to be treated differently and with more empathy. Yes she ultimately probably  gained from it and is now more famous but how her personal life became the wet dream of many gamers needs to be criticised and lets just show her the respect she deserves

And yes human beings generally don't feel real mourning and sorrow unless they personally know the victims...look at how you guys have embraced the Syrians despite there hardships. So we don't need to pretend we feel sorrow for people that we don't identify with :geek:  

John Milton 

When someone is facing what TB is facing it goes well and far beyond general internet nastiness. It's either extraordinary ignorance and stupidity or those people are genuinely and truly scum of the earth.

• Like 2

Civilisation and Europa Universalis were both originally board games, and fairly well known. It's McIntosh anyway, he'll be hyperbolising same as always.

I imagine things like Small World and the like as well.  Anything that involves expanding an empire and controlling territory probably falls under "colonialism" as far as McIntosh is concerned.

Risk too.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

When someone is facing what TB is facing it goes well and far beyond general internet nastiness. It's either extraordinary ignorance and stupidity or those people are genuinely and truly scum of the earth.

So ignorant yes, insensitive yes but not as bad as scum of the earth. These guys felt that TB had been involved in shaming and humiliating women, for some people this is a serious thing to do. So for them they felt that TB was a bad person and they genuinely believe he encouraged hate. Were they right....highly unlikely. Did they believe this...probably. So if you really dislike someone why would you be concerned if they suddenly told you they had a terminal disease?

John Milton