Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Rosbjerg

I agree Affirmative Action wasn't created out of spite and that it was intended to do good, but I still think it's wrong.  To me, the best way to stop discrimination is to stop discriminating rather than to discriminate against those that previously did the discriminating in an effort to "even the playing field". 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I agree Affirmative Action wasn't created out of spite and that it was intended to do good, but I still think it's wrong.  To me, the best way to stop discrimination is to stop discriminating rather than to discriminate against those that previously did the discriminating in an effort to "even the playing field". 

Well thats one thing I have noticed, some people that were discriminated against during Apartheid have no issue demonstrating bigotry ...it can be a little annoying :blink:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

People should stop acting like affirmative action is uniquely good. it may come out as the greater good but it inherently creates another kind of injustice. And this is how it should be talked about.

Its an interesting point you make, in the past I would have disputed that

But I have seen evidence of this in South Africa...its complicated but its not all good, you right 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

People should stop acting like affirmative action is uniquely good. it may come out as the greater good but it inherently creates another kind of injustice. And this is how it should be talked about.

Well, if Capitalism worked as it should then there wouldn't be any need for affirmative action.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well, if Capitalism worked as it should then there wouldn't be any need for affirmative action.

Not always ..sometimes AA is needed to address historical injustices ...like Apartheid ?

John Milton 

Not always ..sometimes AA is needed to address historical injustices ...like Apartheid ?

Not really, in the idyllic world of Capitalism where the Free Market will fix everything it means that a segregated society will split into two societies. Except that it doesn't because of government regulation.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Well, ****.

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/654690304080023552

Well, I don't know if there is really a right way to tell people this, so I guess here goes. The CT did not come back negative. The cancer in the bowel is gone, but spots have appeared in my liver. They're not operable and there's no cure. Average life expectancy is 2-3 years, though there are outliers that live much longer. I'll be back on chemo in a few weeks, with the goal of pushing it back and keeping it there for as long as possible. I fully intend to be the outlier, the average is this way because most people that get this are old and not strong anymore. Who knows what they'll come up with in the next decade? I intend to beat it for as long as possible. Gonna need some time to process all of this. I don't really feel anything right now. Thanks.
  • Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Not really, in the idyllic world of Capitalism where the Free Market will fix everything it means that a segregated society will split into two societies. Except that it doesn't because of government regulation.

Sure thats the theory but what if the one segmented society is dehumanized and undermined due to a legal system of bigotry to the point where the majority of that society lose there identity and confidence in themselves ?

John Milton 

Capitalism is working how it should, those who control production, distribution, and exchange of money are being enriched while those that don't control must sell labor in order to subsist with any leftover currency being used for entertainment or purchasing capital in the longshot hope they can utilize it to enrich themselves.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well, ****.

Well, I don't know if there is really a right way to tell people this, so I guess here goes. The CT did not come back negative. The cancer in the bowel is gone, but spots have appeared in my liver. They're not operable and there's no cure. Average life expectancy is 2-3 years, though there are outliers that live much longer. I'll be back on chemo in a few weeks, with the goal of pushing it back and keeping it there for as long as possible. I fully intend to be the outlier, the average is this way because most people that get this are old and not strong anymore. Who knows what they'll come up with in the next decade? I intend to beat it for as long as possible. Gonna need some time to process all of this. I don't really feel anything right now. Thanks.

Well that's depressing as ****.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Capitalism is working how it should, those who control production, distribution, and exchange of money are being enriched while those that don't control must sell labor in order to subsist with any leftover currency being used for entertainment or purchasing capital in the longshot hope they can utilize it to enrich themselves.

No, ideally everybody can become a capitalist. You only need to subsist under your means, work hard to increase the value of your labor and purchase capital. 

It is not rich people's fault that those lower class plebs have no access to the best education, the money required to start your own business or the connections to make it work. They should had just been born into it like they did.

Also; here's to hoping TB makes a recovery.

village_idiot.gif

No, ideally everybody can become a capitalist. You only need to subsist under your means, work hard to increase the value of your labor and purchase capital. 

It is not rich people's fault that those lower class plebs have no access to the best education, the money required to start your own business or the connections to make it work. They should had just been born into it like they did.

The ideal is a nice sales pitch, but it isn't reality. In current practice, Capitalism tends toward concentration of wealth and stagnation of social mobility. I'm sure someone has an all-new all-different Capitalism that doesn't, but that ain't gonna be implemented peacefully any time soon.

Sure thats the theory but what if the one segmented society is dehumanized and undermined due to a legal system of bigotry to the point where the majority of that society lose there identity and confidence in themselves ?

Then you get City Elves

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The ideal is a nice sales pitch, but it isn't reality. In current practice, Capitalism tends toward concentration of wealth and stagnation of social mobility. I'm sure someone has an all-new all-different Capitalism that doesn't, but that ain't gonna be implemented peacefully any time soon.

I have one, its the one where you're allowed to kill the competition and companies die out due to literal infighting. 

Why are we talking about this again?

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

I have one, its the one where you're allowed to kill the competition and companies die out due to literal infighting. 

You right ..it does seem pointless  :biggrin:

John Milton 

So feudalism?

It's the GG thread, there's going to be drift.

Well, ****.

Well that's depressing as ****.

My thoughts exactly, a pity that one of the few gentlemen willing to make a stand against demonisation and villainisation of the public is so smitten, one hopes that he is one of the few outliers and has a good few years left. Ones thoughts go out to his young wife and son, hopefully they will have the time they need to adjust to this and reach some kind of acceptance.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

So feudalism?

It's the GG thread, there's going to be drift.

Now that you mention it, I totally agree. If you replace fiefdom with company and feudal lord with investors then it totally makes sense. Granted there is more mobility when compared with actual feudalism but I have to say that the resemblance its uncanny. Particularly the need for one employee to "wear multiple hats" compared to how serfs where forced to produce all of the needs for the feudal lord.

village_idiot.gif

3inj6m7.jpg?1

I don't understand people like this.
Do they think that a thin and easily cracked veneer of "niceness" and having the "correct views" makes up for their sociopathy and lack of empathy?

The cherry on top:

fSO6d4W.jpg

What is it called when you take some horrible part of your personality and project it onto others so you don't feel so ****ty about yourself?
Oh yeah, it's called being a ****ing ***hole.

Edited by GhoulishVisage
  • Like 3

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

3inj6m7.jpg?1

Do they think that a thin and easily cracked veneer of "niceness" and having the "correct views" makes up for their sociopathy and lack of empathy?

The cherry on top:

fSO6d4W.jpg

What is it called when you take some horrible part of your personality and project it onto others so you don't feel so ****ty about yourself?

The same kind of people were the probably assistants for the Commissars during the Red Terror of 1917-1922.

Meaning that they were too much of cowards to actually get their hands dirty, but happily distributed the letters that ordered the executions with great glees on their faces and cheered to themselves back home as finally all of Russia could experience the same pain as they felt about their own self-worth.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

3inj6m7.jpg?1

The cherry on top:

fSO6d4W.jpg

The same kind of people were the probably assistants for the Commissars during the Red Terror of 1917-1922.

Meaning that they were too much of cowards to actually get their hands dirty, but happily distributed the letters that ordered the executions with great glees on their faces and cheered to themselves back home as finally all of Russia could experience the same pain as they felt about their own self-worth.

Guys does this type of behavior really bother you? I mean TB is really only a "minor "  Internet celebrity who has his supporters but clearly is also seen as a supporter of GG which means he would be reviled. I would also be saying  " I am glad he is dying ' if I was a committed anti-GG. Its just words on the Internet...it means nothing especially in this context

There is no decorum and decency left in the GG debate, people on both sides have no issue with any kind of vitriol....so I'm not sure why this seems like such a shock? This was one of the main reasons I left this debate, apart from the mistake I made in the beginning with supporting one side automatically, I realized I was wasting time with Internet debates around perceived SJ issues with people who actually didn't really care about SJ issues....

John Milton 

Slight over exaggeration, and slight overestimation of how much thought most people actually put into the internet. You get that sort of thing for sports stars getting injured, people actually dying and all sorts in between; doesn't mean they're Iosef Dugashvili reborn it just means that they're a muppet.

The internet warrior of 2015 would soil themselves repeatedly and hide under the bed for days if they got the slightest inkling of actual Civil War Russia.

• Like 1

Slight over exaggeration, and slight overestimation of how much thought most people actually put into the internet. You get that sort of thing for sports stars getting injured, people actually dying and all sorts in between; doesn't mean they're Iosef Dugashvili reborn it just means that they're a muppet.

The internet warrior of 2015 would soil themselves repeatedly and hide under the bed for days if they got the slightest inkling of actual Civil War Russia.

You funny Zora, you know the door to the camp of  " Western culture is best " is still open any time for you to join us 

We don't judge people who have misplaced views of the West, especially when they as bright as you   :wowey:

John Milton 

Such low level trolling, death or illness threads are just too easy - sympathy or hatred from Internet proles is meaningless, really.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra