Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Rosbjerg

Yeah, I had a laugh at the thought of an cat being trigger-shamed, but I assume they're talking about institutions (eg universities) putting safe-spaces into place.

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Hopefully Java-shaming becomes a thing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The addition of "More 'Shame'" on that cover amuses me for some reason.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

When will we see shamingshaming?

First you post Twilight and now this? Either you have very questionable taste or you are a very bad man.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"non-person"?

The addition of non-person is what makes that the most ridiculous. Non-person is an "inclusive" term for those who claim they were born as the wrong species or even item. Otherkin. Furries. Those who identify as a dragon, or a plant, or a ****ing hoover. Because that kind of person needs to be included, instead of sent to a goddamn institution.

I thought that was strange too. Maybe it means businesses?

Yeah, I had a laugh at the thought of an cat being trigger-shamed, but I assume they're talking about institutions (eg universities) putting safe-spaces into place.

Ah, if that's what they mean I wouldn't have put it that way.

EDIT:

"non-person"?

The addition of non-person is what makes that the most ridiculous. Non-person is an "inclusive" term for those who claim they were born as the wrong species or even item. Otherkin. Furries. Those who identify as a dragon, or a plant, or a ****ing hoover. Because that kind of person needs to be included, instead of sent to a goddamn institution.

If this is what they meant, then surely they're showing their human-centric bias in their thoughts? If I am a plant, then I care not for your human emotional structures like shame, surely...?

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Are you suggesting that plants can't actually be people, even if they really, really wanted to? Interesting, most interesting, Amentep... :bat:

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Woof+woof+i+can+t+even_55ef4d_5398233.jp

I love this picture so much.

• Like 1

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Are you suggesting that plants can't actually be people, even if they really, really wanted to? Interesting, most interesting, Amentep... :bat:

I'm saying that I don't assume people-plants and/or plant-people are automatically concerned or care about the same things that people-humans do. :banana:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

If plants want to be people, you should respect their lifestyle choices! :ban:

(I don't think I've ever seen anybody use this icon before, but it's dancing like the banana, and seems appropriate enough.)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Makes one consider Global Caliphate wouldn't be so bad after all.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Makes one consider Global Caliphate wouldn't be so bad after all.

I like bacon and ham.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

DOW Chemicals is to blame for this.

So I believe this picture is from a TLC UK thing (documentary? show?) that talked about Furries.

In the article they talk about Furries being connected to Etherians.  That's a term I haven't heard before, is it like a UK term for Otherkin or is it related to Meade Layne's alternate universe theory that UFOs are from another dimension (Etheria) or something else (like I'm mishearing "therianthropy" somehow)? 

Edited by Amentep

When will we see shamingshaming?

First you post Twilight and now this? Either you have very questionable taste or you are a very bad man.

Whoa whoa.  I'll admit the Twilight reference was a low blow, but if that song didn't make you want to get up and dance, you need to recalibrate your sense of rhythm.   :wowey:

• Like 1

I'm white, clearly I have no rhythm.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

• Like 2

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Links to "tweet not found" kiro.

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/653724738280386561

An individual trying to limit speech at universities is interested in neither university nor justice.— Edward Snowden (@Snowden)

If I had to guess, that would be the reason why.

She doesn't blame conspiracy. She blames shoddy journalism. Like the title says.

Or you know, it could simply be based off people's interactions with them and the fact that their entire "movement" is some massive internet hissyfit over "ethics in game journalism".

Jesus people thought Anita and whatsit going to the U.N to discuss online harassment was a "first-world problem".

Edited by Barothmuk

Still no one dead from this ?