Republican Presidential Debate

BruceVC

The media climate is so streamlined that you pretty much have reach out to the edges to get anything other than the same pizza of opinions.

Well yeah, the media landscape is garbage. But the Daily Fail and Rupert Murdoch aren't the edges by any stretch of the imagination, they're just mass market outrage bait and the opposite side of the coin from archetypal 'Nazi SJW Daily News' 'progressive' outrage bait, they could both just as easily be run by Gawker. They're as much part of the problem as the agenda pushing media you disagree with. It's infectiously stupid, lazy and designed to hook people just as much as any drug is.

I'm equal opportunity when it comes to media analysis; I hate the spineless, censorious, preachy 'progressive' press and the arbitrary, dishonest, differently preachy 'conservative' press with an equal passion; and both sides obsession with writing what might as well be fairy tale narratives rather than facts.

No the international media is fine, if 4-5 independent international networks have basically the same story then it would be strange to think its spurious 

Also nowadays the scope of a story is not just about some  guy sitting in a room reading  a piece of paper. There are debates, live interviews and quantifiable data....yes mistakes happen and you have to be very doubtful of channels like RT but end of the day you can get accurate information 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Niiiiice. Cant wait for Trump in tje Whitehouse. It would be so funny even if just to see all those PC SJW mongoloids cry.

The modern right-wing in a nutshell.
Oh you sensitive little pink flower. Did it hurt you? Want me to kiss you or hug? I mean poor little man...

Ah, covering up insecurities by calling people names. Digging deep in the playbook with that one.

Niiiiice. Cant wait for Trump in tje Whitehouse. It would be so funny even if just to see all those PC SJW mongoloids cry.

The modern right-wing in a nutshell.
Oh you sensitive little pink flower. Did it hurt you? Want me to kiss you or hug? I mean poor little man...

Ah, covering up insecurities by calling people names. Digging deep in the playbook with that one.

Well he was called a name first....doesn't the bible say " an eye for an eye  "  ......never forget what you teach your kids  :p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well he was called a name first....doesn't the bible say " an eye for an eye  "  ......never forget what you teach your kids  tongue.png

It depends what part of it you read and how literally you take it. 

"Anyone who injures their neighbor is to be injured in the same manner: fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. The one who has inflicted the injury must suffer the same injury. Whoever kills an animal must make restitution, but whoever kills a human being is to be put to death."  Leviticus 24:19-21 (NIV)

It also has this passage

"You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also." Matthew 5:38-39 (NIV)

Although it also says "Thou shalt not kill." Exodus 20:13 (King James Version), which for example has changed to "You shall not murder." in New International Version (one of the English translations, which is meant to be a translation in the common language of the American people. also translation where I took eye for eye quotes), which has quite different meaning in our society.

So everything that you read in translated or copied versions of bible should be read with grain of salt and ponder what were world views of those that produced, made, translated, write, copied that version of the bible. And of course when you teach you kids you have lots of different translations from which you can choose and decide which follows best your world view.

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 1

Well he was called a name first....doesn't the bible say " an eye for an eye  "  ......never forget what you teach your kids  tongue.png

It depends what part of it you read and how literally you take it. 

"Anyone who injures their neighbor is to be injured in the same manner: fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. The one who has inflicted the injury must suffer the same injury. Whoever kills an animal must make restitution, but whoever kills a human being is to be put to death."  Leviticus 24:19-21 (NIV)

It also has this passage

"You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also." Matthew 5:38-39 (NIV)

Although it also says "Thou shalt not kill." Exodus 20:13 (King James Version), which for example has changed to "You shall not murder." in New International Version (one of the English translations, which is meant to be a translation in the common language of the American people. also translation where I took eye for eye quotes), which has quite different meaning in our society.

So everything that you read in translated or copied versions of bible should be read with grain of salt and ponder what were world views of those that produced, made, translated, write, copied that version of the bible. And of course when you teach you kids you have lots of different translations from which you can choose and decide which follows best your world view.

:lol:  Elerond ..you are a legend, maybe we should get married? We get on well and share many views...thats always a good start to marriage ?   :wub:

• Like 1

John Milton 

I suggest naked mudwrestling! GOgogogogo

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

fight me irl
I'm Maltanese knight jew reptilian servant of hibernian druid circle worshiping illuminati templar banksters.

Come at me bruh...

Edited by Darkpriest

Mark Bowden of Black Hawk Down fame on his weekend with Trump while doing a piece for Playboy back in 1997:

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/12/donald-trump-mark-bowden-playboy-profile

The story of Trump making like Chief in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is just too goddamn great:

I watched as Trump strutted around the beautifully groomed clay tennis courts on his estate, managed by noted tennis pro Anthony Boulle. The courts had been prepped meticulously for a full day of scheduled matches. Trump took exception to the design of the spaces between courts. In particular, he didn’t like a small metal box—a pump and cooler for the water fountain alongside—which he thought looked ugly. He first questioned its placement, then crudely disparaged it, then kicked the box, which didn’t budge, and then stooped—red-faced and fuming—to tear it loose from its moorings, rupturing a water line and sending a geyser to soak the courts. Boulle looked horrified, a weekend of tennis abruptly drowned. Catching a glimpse of me watching, Trump grimaced.

“I guess that’ll have to be in your story,” he said.

“Pretty much,” I told him.

This apparently worried him, because on the flight home a day later he had a proposition.

“I’m looking for somebody to write my next book,” he told me.

I told him that I would not be interested.

“Why not?” he asked. “All my books become best-sellers.”

The import was clear. There was money in it for me. Trump remains the only person I have ever written about who tried to bribe me.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

If Putin likes him there is another reason not to vote for him

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Russia and the US getting along? Those days were horrible, i tell you!

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Russia and the US getting along? Those days were horrible, i tell you!

They were certainly horrible for the Russians.

Details, details.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

If Putin likes him there is another reason not to vote for him

Why, are you afraid of the world where US and Russia could share interests?

Not at all. Except Putin views the US as an adversary rather than a partner so if we wants something perhaps it's because it's to our detriment rather than our good. Gorbachev wanted Mondale & Dukakis to win after all. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Or may be he just wants someone sane in the White House for a change.

Wrong choice then! :lol:

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Not at all. Except Putin views the US as an adversary rather than a partner so if we wants something perhaps it's because it's to our detriment rather than our good. Gorbachev wanted Mondale & Dukakis to win after all.

Yeah, though that's mutual- Clinton loved the drunken incompetent Yeltsin every second he was running Russia into the ground.

But it is definitely true that a 'recommendation' for any US presidential candidate from Putin is no reason to vote for them, even if it is a genuine recommendation rather than diplo-trolling. He's giving it for his own (or country's) benefit, not anyone else's and certainly not for the benefit of the US.

Bizarre though that Putin is endorsing Trump, you'd think that man would be less of the lapdog Obama was.

It's the difference between "prone to overcautious inaction" versus "prone to massive strategic blunders."

On the one hand, some winnowing of the herd is to be welcomed.  On the other hand, unlike many of the also-ran candidates, Graham was actually a useful divergent viewpoint to have in the room.  The GOP is a different party (and probably a lesser party) when the defense hawks with serious experience (both in the military and on the relevant oversight committees) are marginalized. 

In fact, he's really the only candidate on the GOP side who has articulated an approach to the ISIS issue that isn't either cartoonishily unrealistic or a carbon copy of what is already being done, but with angrier rhetoric.  (I mean, sure, proposing a major commitment of U.S. troops on the ground in the Middle East isn't going to win many elections so soon after Iraq/Afganistan, but it's a far more credible response than is pretending that the bombers already being sent to Syria are going to be somehow more effective if the President says the words "Islamic terrorism" when he sends them off.)

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

Bizarre though that Putin is endorsing Trump, you'd think that man would be less of the lapdog Obama was.

It's the difference between "prone to overcautious inaction" versus "prone to massive strategic blunders."

I think you confused Trump with Hilzilla. Hilzilla voted for the Iraq war, Trump was against it and his predictions came true. He also predicted both 9/11 and the reasons it would happen 19 months before.

Edit: Talk about strategic blunders. The first thing Obola did was betray two of our best allies by cancelling the missile defense system we promised them to implement, a system Russia hated, and we got nothing in return. Immediately Putin realized he was dealing with a weak ignorant half-wit. No wonder he now thinks he can have his way with the lady-boy. "Overcautious inaction"? Obola set the world on fire, now fiddles while it burns.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan