Republican Presidential Debate

BruceVC

Did he ever? Dismissal is so much easier than actually defending your position.

Edit: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/396098/islamophobia-myth-brendan-oneill It's not just European elites.

Edit2: More on the Republican civil war: https://ricochet.com/david-frum-and-the-great-republican-revolt/

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

"In 2008, ABC asked two actors to play the role of an unwelcoming shop keeper and a Muslim customer in a Waco, Texas, bakery. Over and over, the female actor would enter and attempt to order a pastry; over and over, the man posing as the sales clerk insulted her faith and refused to serve her." The media has to stage anti-Muslim incidents because they can't find any in real life.

I think maybe you missed the point of that.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

A little OT but the Washington Post runs a cartoon that suggests Ted Cruz's 8 & 10 year old daughters are just trained monkeys. The head of the ACLU says Donald Trump supporters should be kiled. A staffer for Congressamn Andre Casron says Trump should be taken out with a headshot. All that is ok. Trump makes a comment about Hillary using a made up word and the (liberal) media goes bat s--t. Just another day in crazyland.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

A little OT but the Washington Post runs a cartoon that suggests Ted Cruz's 8 & 10 year old daughters are just trained monkeys. The head of the ACLU says Donald Trump supporters should be kiled. A staffer for Congressamn Andre Casron says Trump should be taken out with a headshot. All that is ok. Trump makes a comment about Hillary using a made up word and the (liberal) media goes bat s--t. Just another day in crazyland.

You don't think things are slightly more newsworthy when they come from the mouth of a person who is trying to become the leader of the free world than they are when they come from a cartoonist, an advocacy group, or a congressional staffer? 

You don't think things are slightly more newsworthy when they come from the mouth of a person who is trying to become the leader of the free world than they are when they come from a cartoonist, an advocacy group, or a congressional staffer? 

If I actually took Trump seriously maybe. I keep thinking we'll wake up tomorrow and he's still on the Apprentice and this was all a silly dream. But if he fools around and actually get's elected.... well we'll all be screwed but at least it will be entertaining. Say, that might make a good campaign slogan for him.

But that cartoon the Washington Post ran was pretty low, even for that rag. And the cartoonist doubled down on it. If I were on the Pulitzer committee I'd be on the phone asking her to return hers.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If I actually took Trump seriously maybe. I keep thinking we'll wake up tomorrow and he's still on the Apprentice and this was all a silly dream. But if he fools around and actually get's elected.... well we'll all be screwed but at least it will be entertaining. Say, that might make a good campaign slogan for him.

But that cartoon the Washington Post ran was pretty low, even for that rag. And the cartoonist doubled down on it. If I were on the Pulitzer committee I'd be on the phone asking her to return hers.

It seems that it was WP's editor that doubled down not the cartoonist and journalist from post seem to think they both are idiots because they just helped Cruz's campaign instead of doing something useful.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/12/23/why-that-now-retracted-washington-post-cartoon-is-a-gift-to-ted-cruz/

I guess people like Trump will be getting attention and support as long as absurd things like this exist:

http://news.yahoo.com/video/anti-politically-correct-signs-draw-160107557.html

Why is that absurd? It's kind of hard to argue the PC thing is leaning a little to close to "thought police" for comfort. Besides, what if the food sucks? Now he's going to get traffic just for his sign. There really is no such thing as bad advertising.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

It seems that it was WP's editor that doubled down not the cartoonist and journalist from post seem to think they both are idiots because they just helped Cruz's campaign instead of doing something useful.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/12/23/why-that-now-retracted-washington-post-cartoon-is-a-gift-to-ted-cruz/

Well I will agree with you on that point. If Cruz is still looking to cast the media as a villain the best thing they can do for him is BE a villain. But to be fair there is very little unbiased media in the US today and the Washington Post is well left of center line. 

Thomas Sowell

Rand Paul airs his grievances for Festivus

Today's special ‘Festivus: Airing of Grievances for 2015’ edition of ‘The Waste Report' highlights over 30 examples of wasteful spending, misplaced priorities, and bad management in the federal government that have cost the taxpayer more than one billion dollars. Of the 31 examples amassed from the past year, a few high-points of the ‘The Waste Report’ include: an $850,000 foreign made-for-TV cricket league in Afghanistan, a $150,000 federal government agency yoga classes, a $450,000 climate change video game, a $250,000 trip for Pakistani children to attend Space Camp and Dollywood in the U.S., and a $104 million subsidization for millionaires to live in public housing.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Cruz reproduces the vile cartoon of his daughters in his fundraising e-mail. The guy is really an opportunist's opportunist.

Edit: NPR used the same word Trump is being criticized for : http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/12/23/npr-used-schlonged-to-describe-geraldine-ferraro-in-2011/

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

..an $850,000 foreign made-for-TV cricket league in Afghanistan..

..was money very well spent. If there's one thing that practically guarantees that Pakistan will never have a genuinely Taleban like government it's their love for cricket and the knowledge that those killjoys would want to get rid of it due to it 'competing' with religion; getting the same sort of mania going in Afghanistan would work wonders and many of the refugees in Pakistan had already picked up their love of the game. The Afghans not only qualified for the Cricket World Cup but actually won a game there (sadly the numpties in charge of the game promptly changed the rules to exclude all the minnow nations, but that's besides the point). Better value than half an F-35 wing or an Osprey rotor or whatever 850k would be spent on otherwise.

(lol 38 page pdf on a page with a borked script? thanks for the present Rand, you really shouldn't have)

..an $850,000 foreign made-for-TV cricket league in Afghanistan..

..was money very well spent. If there's one thing that practically guarantees that Pakistan will never have a genuinely Taleban like government it's their love for cricket and the knowledge that those killjoys would want to get rid of it due to it 'competing' with religion; getting the same sort of mania going in Afghanistan would work wonders and many of the refugees in Pakistan had already picked up their love of the game. The Afghans not only qualified for the Cricket World Cup but actually won a game there (sadly the numpties in charge of the game promptly changed the rules to exclude all the minnow nations, but that's besides the point). Better value than half an F-35 wing or an Osprey rotor or whatever 850k would be spent on otherwise.

(lol 38 page pdf on a page with a borked script? thanks for the present Rand, you really shouldn't have)

a Propeller blade on the USS Ronald Reagan?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Context?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Context?

9/11 first responders. They gave a lot of health problems due to breathing in stuff and a lot were unable to pay for health care to properly treat it.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

a Propeller blade on the USS Ronald Reagan?

You mean one of these?

NAVY_Screw_Next-Gen_CVN-70_Install_lg.jp

What's the problem exactly?  Did the Navy order one made out of glass, gold plated or the wrong size? 

Edited by kgambit

If you keep voting for the same politicians, you'll keep getting the same results.

Yep.  Over 2 centuries of stable representative democracy, the last 75 years of which as the global economic, military, and cultural hegemon. 

• Like 3