Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Blarghagh

Oikophobia against yourself and your people can sometimes lead to strange results.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Azar Javed came from far off Zerrikania, a land of jungles, deserts and deadly fauna. Incidentally his name translates as Eternal Fire, which was a pretty big clue as to who he was a puppet of. The only other Zerrikanians seen as I remember were two warrior women, fairer gendered fighters being common in Zerrikania, who were accompanying Borch Three Jackdaws, who we otherwise know as Saesenthesis' dad. It's telling that only a mighty mage and two adventurers under the protection of a Dragon could reach the distant and barbaric Northern Kingdoms, travel was not easy in such a time nor safe.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I miss the 90's, there was diversity without politics...except all the villains were British for some reason.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Britains are ultra whities. You can make whitey the villain without backlash.

Volo my family is from Britain but I was born in SA

What I always find interesting is how little credit the UK gets for all it did for the world, we brought civilization to dark continents  and exported  things like Tea. We created roads and institutions and yet all people remember is "colonialism " ....its like thats all that matters  8)

Aren't you thankful to the UK ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm never thankful to slavers. Sorry.

And, tea and its cousin coffee is/are absolutely disgusting.

The slave trade is just a minor part of the proud history of the British 

We don't like to dwell on things that are negative ...remember Canada owes its foundation to the British  :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ah, Moviebob.

QhsiGPi.png

Rather disappointed no one tweeted that always popular PA move of "citation needed" at her, tsk, what has Twitter come to.

Good to see Wu is as batty as ever.

Looking at this tweet i am not sure if i should laugh or cry over this poor stupid girl... i mean, i understand that vast majority of pre 30 NA people have near 0 knowledge on history and world geography but at least read something if you want to comment otherwise you just prove you are ignorant and/or stupid person that has no idea about a topic at hand...

Poland in the 1920-1939 was much different from the one in 1100-1200s...

As for ms. Wu i thought we stopped giving attention to crazy people same as we pass all the crazy hobos o the streets...

Don't remind me. We still suffer because of it. Everything good about this country is stuff we did after our break. All the bad is 100% Europe's including Britain's fault. :)

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What I always find interesting is how little credit the UK gets for all it did for the world, we brought civilization to dark continents and exported things like Tea. We created roads and institutions and yet all people remember is "colonialism " ....its like thats all that matters 8)

Without UK there would be no USA

• Like 1

What I always find interesting is how little credit the UK gets for all it did for the world, we brought civilization to dark continents and exported things like Tea. We created roads and institutions and yet all people remember is "colonialism " ....its like thats all that matters 8)

Correct. The funny thing is the British are there own worst enemies and don't like to acknowledge all the good they did in the world ...its like they feel guilty ?

John Milton 

Correct. The funny thing is the British are there own worst enemies and don't like to acknowledge all the good they did in the world ...its like they feel guilty ?

Nah its just the British weather making them feel miserable and antsy all the time ;)

• Like 1

Australia-Aboriginese-Genocide-1.jpg

Thanks Bruce

Of course the practice of slavery was a blight on the European countries and the Americans,  no one should deny that

Would it make any difference if I mentioned that certain African tribes were complicit and the Arabs were also very active in the slave trade? 

John Milton 

Would it make any difference if I mentioned that certain African tribes were complicit and the Arabs were also very active in the slave trade?

They're Australian aboriginals.

Yes I know but obviously slavery and photos like that obviously invoke guilt about the UK role which I feel obliged to respond to 

John Milton 

Yes I know but obviously slavery and photos like that obviously invoke guilt about the UK role which I feel obliged to respond to

By deflecting the British Empire's treatment of aboriginals to an unrelated topic.

You see unlike you I see things in there full extent, I don't just select what is appropriate for my country  ;)

John Milton 

Australia-Aboriginese-Genocide-1.jpg

Thanks Bruce

Of course the practice of slavery was a blight on the European countries and the Americans, no one should deny that

Arabs were active in the slave trade until they got conquered by Britain and they outlawed it.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

By deflecting the British Empire's treatment of aboriginals to an unrelated topic.

Well if you do not like it you can always move out from Australia, North America, South Africa, w/e, and give back the land and governing authority to the native populace... Just sayin'...

i.e. stop being hypocrites, slavery was a part of economic development throughout the history. Without it there would be no modern South Africa, Australia, USA, Canada, Arabic countries, etc. To be honest Europeans actually were fairly conservative in the slavery practices when comparing to cultures of middle ages and renaissance in middle east and South America, and certainly more restrained to what was part of the culture in ancient times.. Slavery is not something that was limited to Europeans. It was present in every part of the world in all the cultures, throughout the millenia. Some slaves worked, some ware sacrificed, some were kept for entertainment or sexual service.

Now in modern capitalizm and globalization you get "wage slaves" a massive amount of people working on hourly wage jobs, who barely make minimum to buy food and pay off rent and gets some clothes, constantly living from payday to payday with no savings and little to no free time, while they have to provide services to better situated people with a happy smile.

Edited by Darkpriest

Well if you do not like it you can always move out from Australia, North America, South Africa, w/e, and give back the land and governing authority to the native populace... Just sayin'...

I am technically of native descent. That said that's still obviously a silly solution.

i.e. stop being hypocrites, slavery was a part of economic development throughout the history.

There's a bit of a gap between accepting the material consequences of industrial development and Bruce's deliberate downplaying of historical events that still have residual effects today. Edited by Barothmuk

I am technically of native descent. That said that's still obviously a silly solution.

i.e. stop being hypocrites, slavery was a part of economic development throughout the history.

There's a bit of a gap between accepting the material consequences of industrial development and Bruce's deliberate downplaying of historical events that still have residual effects today.

No Baro you are still misunderstanding me, I use to think it was just people not using there common sense when they kept not understanding me but I know you bright so its obviously me not explaining properly 

Of course that photo you posted and what the UK did in Australia around slavery was appalling and reprehensible. But I think all slavery the UK was involved in was like that. I thought when I said that you would assume that included Oz

By the way I was just teasing Volo when I brought up the superiority of the UK, it would demonstrate a real level of ignorance and hubris if  a person said " the UK brought tea to the world and yet gets blamed for Colonialism" ....you can never ignore all the negative consequences of what the early Colonialists did. That is exactly why the Europeans don't exactly go on about there lost empires because we are all aware how they were built on human suffering of others

I do believe the West has evolved into the best system of governments and ideology and we do have the happiest citizens in the world. I can understand how you thought I was being serious, I apologize for the misunderstanding  

John Milton