RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

"No Volo I don't believe you ....I think you desperately wanted this game to succeed but when reasonable people like me commented on it and passed our much respected SJW judgement on it you didn't like it....now the game is a epic fail like predicted ...SJW WIN !!!!"

It was released. That is SJW fail. SJWEs wanted it BANNED. EPIC FAIL.

Also, poor reviews doesn't mean anything. Did it make money? That's what matters.

\If I wanted it to succeed so badly why didn't I buy it? YOUR LOGIC MAKES NO SENSE.  SJWS lol

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"No Volo I don't believe you ....I think you desperately wanted this game to succeed but when reasonable people like me commented on it and passed our much respected SJW judgement on it you didn't like it....now the game is a epic fail like predicted ...SJW WIN !!!!"

It was released. That is SJW fail. SJWEs wanted it BANNED. EPIC FAIL.

Also, poor reviews doesn't mean anything. Did it make money? That's what matters.

\If I wanted it to succeed so badly why didn't I buy it? YOUR LOGIC MAKES NO SENSE.  SJWS lol

You see Volo I don't want you to be manipulated by the developers of Hatred. They say " we are making a game that is not politically correct " and immediately some people will now buy it because they think its some sort of statement or protest against the perception of SJ influence in the gaming industry 

Yet the game is rubbish and it has nothing to do with being " politically correct " ....so well done for not falling for it  :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm not easily fooled. If I was I'd be a SJW b/c on the surface their 'fight for equality' is soemthing I believe in but SJWs don't *really* believe in equality. They believe in NAZISM. And, nazism is EVIL so SJWs are EVIL.

GAME OVER.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Dont we have some SJW thread where you two can argue over and over again?

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

"all large MMO's were by and large failures (no offense to people who enjoy SW:ToR but it is hardly the success that was expected)"

Define 'failure'.  I never bothered with TOR but I doubt it is anything resembling a 'failure'. They still wouldn't be making expansions for it if it was so please don't lie.

YOU DO NOT NEED WOW NUMBERS TO BE A SUCCESS.

\

COME ON.

I didn't say it needed WoW numbers to be a success. There's no need to get upset. In fact, I think WoW numbers were a complete fluke. But they've all underperformed compared to the lofty expectations publicly set by their developers or publishers, which is why I would say they are "failures". I could change the goal posts and redefine failure to something else and they might come out good. SW:ToR has a good subscriber base now and is one of the biggest MMOs out there, so on that level it is now a success (though it took some time getting there) but if I recall correctly EA termed it a "WoW Killer" so on that level it failed spectacularely. I just mean to say that WoW was a fluke and the audience for MMOs is much smaller than WoW makes it seem - so WoW 2 seems very unlikely.

Dont we have some SJW thread where you two can argue over and over again?

Nah, GG thread is dead now so we need to find new places to discuss these matters  :yes:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I seem to see a lot more of those than actual Social Justice Warriors.

Good reason for that, though you'll never see it, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I seem to see a lot more of those than actual Social Justice Warriors.

Good reason for that, though you'll never see it, heh.

Is it because I don't hang out on twitter?

I mean I have an account, but all that I get on my feed are updates on the Giant's game and deals on Vegas hotels.   :thumbsup:

Afterlife Empire delayed for bugfixing.

For those who are not familiar with the game, Afterlife Empire is an upcoming isometric strategy game that was supposed to release very soon and was crowdfunded by The Fine Young Capitalists with much support form evil, cis-scum, basement dwelling, purely white male hate group GamerGate after heroic, valiant, shining beacon of light Zoe Quinn whipped up the gallant guardians of justice internet moral outrage brigade to shame their initial crowdfunding initiative to help women make a video game into oblivion.  There is no date currently given as to when the game is expected to release.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Here's one for the "Are You ****ing Serious?" department: Tale of Tales have announced a new Kickstarter.  If you think the company name sounds familiar it's because it's the company that crowdfunded Sunset which sold like crap on account of being not much of a game (read: walking simulator), which in turn tipped off a series of SHOCKINGLY ABRASIVE tirades by the devs toward gamers (read: their audience).  Here we are a month or two later and they are asking for money for a new crowdfunding project (unclear whether it's a game or not).  I guess somebody's electric bill just arrived.

f8QB5oW.gif

That's some seriously avant-garde ****.

Opinion: Anyone who gives them money at this point, any amount, has brain damage.  I don't mean that in any figurative or exaggerated sense, I mean any said person contributing to this crowdfunding is mentally deficient and/or has suffered brain trauma.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Keyrock trolls, attacks, and bullies strangers on the net again!

QFT 

Keyrock please stop trying to derail this thread  :sorcerer:

John Milton 

Bruce will now donate $500 just to spite Keyrock.

Come on :lol:

How could I ever be that annoyed with someone like Keyrock ..he posts pictures of rodents and gives interesting  reviews of games...the guy has real talent 

He is not malicious just misinformed about me. I don't dislike him at all and its not a big consideration for me  if he likes me or wants to ignore me. I only focus on the people who want to debate with me   :biggrin:

John Milton 

http://www.pcgamer.com/report-games-with-securom-and-safedisc-drm-wont-run-under-windows-10/

"Everything that ran in Windows 7 should also run in Windows 10. There are just two silly exceptions: antivirus software and stuff that’s deeply embedded into the system needs updating—but the developers are on it already—and then there are old games on CD-Rom that have DRM. This DRM stuff is also deeply embedded in your system, and that’s where Windows 10 says, 'Sorry, we cannot allow that, because that would be a possible loophole for computer viruses.' That’s why there are a couple of games from 2003-2008 with Securom, etc. that simply don’t run without a no-CD patch or some such.""

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, and people were rolling eyes, when I was bashing DRMs here in few threads :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

this was inevitable. people back then just weren't thinking about the bigger picture, they had to come up with some way to copy-protect their software. well, seems like the only ones suffering from those decisions will be gamers 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Well, and people were rolling eyes, when I was bashing DRMs here in few threads :p

To be fair, I was more rolling my eyes about the worry that my CD's from 10 years ago will not work.  My current gaming computer doesn't even have a CD drive anymore, so those games are useless in more ways than just the DRM.  I never really expected my games to last forever.  Thankfully we have plenty of digital marketplaces where we can pick up old games cheap if nostalgia hits.

Well, they're useless as you've just let them be and it's not impossible or even difficult to have a system that runs them these days - XP ran a lot of my old favourites pretty smoothly with a minimum of tweaking. But there's always GOG for older releases, even if it is funny to have to buy a game again to play it.

• Like 1