RACISM IS WHITE ONLY DISEASE

Volourn

I am honestly not sure what you are even trying to say with all this. Okay, there are gradations in racism, but are not all forms of racism unwanted? Should we not discuss and condemn all forms of it? Why does the skin colour of the person who is racist matter?

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-05-12/how-japanese-american-burst-japans-bubble-racism

Honestly, racism is just -sadly- a very human thing. Europeans may have underpinned it more with semi-scientific and religious mumbo jumbo in colonial times, I'll give you that, but in the end it is a universal problem among all of us humans.

Ah, but had you also seen this response (of sorts) that also looked at that?  http://www.eltnews.com/columns/uni_files/2013/03/racism_in_japan_where_medamase.html

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I am honestly not sure what you are even trying to say with all this. Okay, there are gradations in racism, but are not all forms of racism unwanted? Should we not discuss and condemn all forms of it? Why does the skin colour of the person who is racist matter?

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-05-12/how-japanese-american-burst-japans-bubble-racism

Honestly, racism is just -sadly- a very human thing. Europeans may have underpinned it more with semi-scientific and religious mumbo jumbo in colonial times, I'll give you that, but in the end it is a universal problem among all of us humans.

Ah, but had you also seen this response (of sorts) that also looked at that?  http://www.eltnews.com/columns/uni_files/2013/03/racism_in_japan_where_medamase.html

No, I hadn't seen that, and I think it raises interesting points. I have to admit, I have never been to Japan, so honestly I will have to admit I am no expert on the situation so I can't say whether this Miki is exaggerating, or perhaps not as much in touch with Japanese culture as he thinks he is. If there is anyone here who actually lived in Japan and who has an opinion on this, I would very much like to hear this. That minorities in Japan are discriminated against is something that keeps coming back whenever I read up on it, though, especially when it comes to Koreans.

The interesting point your response to Miki article makes is that Japanese can't be racist against other asians. I think that probably merits a good discussion. Thoughts?

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

40 people, that goes well beyond a simple beating and that not one of them looked at themselves and realized that a mob that size could kill one person. Or I guess they didn't care, I would go further and say that they lacked simple humanity but that might assuming too much. Even though they probably do.

When you start looking at mob mentality, the idea of whether or not an individual in the mob has an ability to be self-reflective is kind of moot; the self isn't the priority with persons in a mob while the mob is active.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Just that a state government while not directly subordinate to the Federal government is still an institution. So if police are racially profiling it counts as being institutionalized.

Or is your point that institutional discrimination is non existent?

Im still a little confused. I though my example was a clear indication that it did/does exists, but I am sure there are many sub-examples that I didn't cite.

Specifically racial profiling? I dunno. If you patrol a minority neighborhood are you going to look for non-minority perpetrators? I suspect you mean outlier cases like the one you mentioned a long time ago about the police hassling some bums or something?

Im more curious about sentencing disparities. Every crime has window of punishment, regardless of who commits the crime. So what causes the disparity? Having a good lawyer? Im sure that definitely tilts things to your advantage but is that it? I would be interested to see the sentencing ranges received for both black and white defendants that used a public defender. Are the sentences closer in those case?

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/07/08/police-will-seek-hate-crime-charges-fountain-square-attack/29867779/

Now the police chief is reversing course and saying it will be investigated as a hate crime.  

I'm surprised the DOJ civil rights division isn't sending a team to help with the investigation.  

They sure were quick to send teams when high profile white on black crimes occurred.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/07/08/police-will-seek-hate-crime-charges-fountain-square-attack/29867779/

Now the police chief is reversing course and saying it will be investigated as a hate crime.  

I'm surprised the DOJ civil rights division isn't sending a team to help with the investigation.  

They sure were quick to send teams when high profile white on black crimes occurred.

The bystanders who did nothing but mock and laugh could have charges brought up on them as well.The guy looked critically injured for chrissakes. Clearly they have all sorts of love in their hearts for white folk. 

"What people should really say is " white on black racism is different to black racism "

The reality is there are people who are generational and historic racists in the world. They are raised to believe that black people are literally subhuman, that manifesto from Dylan Roof highlights this type of racism

Black on white racism is based more on resentment, frustration, its more emotionally based  and ironically in fact motivated more by the belief that white people will never accept them. So for example you get very few back people raised in households where they are told " white people are genetically inferior to us...look at there countries around the world...they all disasters" 

I hope you guys understand the difference because there is one original.gif"

No. Stop being racist. It is evil.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

How about we keep it simple? Racism is bad, mmmkay? Whatever brand or variety it is, judge people by what sort of **** they are to other people individually, not as stereotypes en masse.

Do the details really matter beyond that?

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Racism will always be around, people are not that open and we have a difficult time connecting with other cultures. Not to mention you can´t just erease thousands of years of evolution and the conflicts that arouse between them. Fearing the unknown and protecting our "tribe/families" from it, is an attribute learned of countless generations. Thats not going away because we just decide it´s not scoial accepted today. (which is nonsense anyway, social structurs and their values change all the time, who knows what we find acceptable in 50 years?)

I have very little tendency towards the concept of racism, but in the end it´s a point of view. I might think i´m open to all, but another person would label me as a racist. *shrug*

My biggest problem is how the word "racism" is missused all the time to shame people, effectly undermining any discussion about it. "have a realistic talk about the current immigrant crisis in europe?" "nope you NEED to take everything because otherwise you are racist". Riiiight....

Edited by cirdanx

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Yeah, my middle schoolers think everything is racist or sexist.  It take a bit of work to get them to understand that discussing demographics, stereotypes, cultures, etc. is not bigotry, and is really the only way to develop an understanding about diversity and world issues. 

• Like 5

Yeah, my middle schoolers think everything is racist or sexist.  It take a bit of work to get them to understand that discussing demographics, stereotypes, cultures, etc. is not bigotry, and is really the only way to develop an understanding about diversity and world issues. 

Same in the UK. Kids are full of utter nonsense, everything is an 'ism.'

sonsofgygax.JPG