Movies you've seen recently

Rosbjerg

I was thinking of seeing if there was a blu-ray version

That's what I got, the blu-ray.

I haven't heard of DVD decay ... what happened exactly.

The plastic starts to degrade. Seems random. No scratches but the disc starts to look off colour.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah, going "see through" is usually how I've seen decay (CD, DVD, and as far as I know Blu are all possible to experience it).  I've yet to find a CD/DVD/Blu I own that has done it, but my brother had a few CDs that did, and they ended up looking like plastic discs; the silver reflective part was just gone.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Justice League: Gods & Monsters

I heard Bruce Timm was returning to DC animated movies and was producing an alternate universe where Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are willing to kill. How could I not watch it?

Anyway, it was great. I've always wanted more fresh stuff from comic book stories and alternate universes are kind of the compromise they do for guys like me. The art style is very reminiscent of the old Justice League cartoons from early 2000s, too, for anyone suffering from that nostalgia.

Superman is the son of Zod raised by Mexican immigrants, Batman is an actual vampire, and Wonder Woman is one of the New Gods. She uses a sword real good.

I found it so underwhelming. Compared to the previous DC animated movies that came out it was really disappointing.

It's the first DC animated movie I've bought. 90% of the rest appear to just be adaptations of comic stories.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's the first DC animated movie I've bought. 90% of the rest appear to just be adaptations of comic stories.

Yep, and they are better for it. I mean if you liked it great, but when I compare it to the previous animation I find it really underwhelming, especially considering they where only getting better and better (not including the second to last one (the one with the Court of Owls)).

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

What are the best ones that aren't about Batman?

On the DC related news..

Chris Pine Joins Wonder Woman Movie as Dude in Distress

Apparently Chris Pine is more interested in hanging out with Wonder Woman than being the star of the Green Lantern Corps. Can you blame him? According to The Wrap, the actor, rumored to be in the running for Hal Jordan, has instead been cast as Wonder Woman’s guy pal Steve Trevor for the 2017 film.

While it’s true that in the early comics, Trevor was almost solely a love interest for Wonder Woman, since the New 52 he’s also been a super-secret-agent for ARGUS, the agency headed by director Amanda Waller, and the liaison between the government and the Justice League. I would have to imagine that this will also be the case in the Wonder Woman movie and the future DC Cinematic Universe, because I don’t really see Pine just signing up to be rescued by Gal Gadot over and over again. (Although it would be kind of awesome if he did.)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Would you recommend the animated movie over the graphic novel? I've been tempted by both.

Would you recommend the animated movie over the graphic novel? I've been tempted by both.

Haven't read the novel so I can't really compare.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

What are the best ones that aren't about Batman?

Justice League Doom, New Frontier, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, Superman vs The Elite, and Green Lantern Emerald Knights were my favorites.

Batman: Under the Red Hood was the best one though.

I found Flashpoint Paradox was kind of offputting. Aquaman and Wonder Woman murdering tons of people while looking like they are villains out of Ninja Scroll was just weird to me.

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Checking reviews, Flashpoint Paradox will be the winner when I get around to it. Supposedly it's even better than the source material!

I loved New Frontier, but admit I haven't seen many of them.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Justice League Doom, New Frontier, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, Superman vs The Elite, and Green Lantern Emerald Knights were my favorites.

Batman: Under the Red Hood was the best one though.

I found Flashpoint Paradox was kind of offputting. Aquaman and Wonder Woman murdering tons of people while looking like they are villains out of Ninja Scroll was just weird to me.

You forgot the amazing Mask of the Phantasm.

The brand new Justice League: Gods and Monsters is absolutely fantastic as well. Watched it just the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYSxN4ezhO4

Edit: That isn't a trailer for Gods and Monsters. It's a short based in the GaM universe. Give it a watch.

Edited by GhoulishVisage

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Finally saw the Winter Soldier.

Thought they'd be following the hook that Bucky used to train (and have sexual relationship) with Black Widow. But they outright stated she was born in '84.

Overall 7.5/10

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Some scenes of the new MI were made in Austria! Heh, and the next James Bond is going to feature some Austrian landscapes too, seems like my little country is becoming increasingly popular in Hollywood.  :blink:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

But they outright stated she was born in '84.

I have a trade book that says Natasha was born in '28, later injected with similarly secret super soldier serum powers as Captain America. I choose to believe in this reality, but if the modern MCU ignores it ... then I'll capitulate, but wouldn't it be cool if they did. That would mean she is only ten years younger than Steve and practically twice as badass. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Some scenes of the new MI were made in Austria! Heh, and the next James Bond is going to feature some Austrian landscapes too, seems like my little country is becoming increasingly popular in Hollywood.  :blink:

Its a beauty - plus there's probably favorable tax laws for foreign films? That tends to help a lot. On of the reason why the Danish coast got super popular a few years ago for smaller indie productions.

Fortune favors the bald.

I have a trade book that says Natasha was born in '28, later injected with similarly secret super soldier serum powers as Captain America. I choose to believe in this reality, but if the modern MCU ignores it ... then I'll capitulate, but wouldn't it be cool if they did. That would mean she is only ten years younger than Steve and practically twice as badass. 

Wait, she can almost go toe to toe with Steve and the Winter Soldier who are both enhanced people despite being a regular person, and somehow you think she would be more badass if she was enhanced the whole time?

Hobo with a shotgun.

Errmmmmm........errm....

I know what they were trying to do with this film, but it didn't work for me. It was just stupid, unfortunately the non-entertaining kind of completely stupid. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Wait, she can almost go toe to toe with Steve and the Winter Soldier who are both enhanced people despite being a regular person, and somehow you think she would be more badass if she was enhanced the whole time?

I can see why you misinterpret Bruce often. No, not more badass--she already must work twice as hard without a shield or metal arm. It would be that much more interesting, to me, if Natasha were enhanced the whole time and chose not to reveal it or employ it fully, for example in her battle with Winter Soldier.          

All Stop. On Screen.