Movies you've seen recently

Rosbjerg

I was on board Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor until that.

• Like 3
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yep that was cringe worthy, in fact every time he tries to play anything but the somber neurotic, it comes off as wrong. Might be a director problem, Snyder hasn't really shown an aptitude for multifaceted direction so far.

Fortune favors the bald.

I was on board Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor until that.

I'm the reverse, but then I don't really know who Lex Luthor is besides the arch nemesis of Superman. I agree with Lexx about the trailer spoiling the movie. The previous trailers had setup and took what was looking to be a really fresh and interesting take on super hero movies and turn it into just another super hero movie. I mean really, Batman possibly becoming too jaded and turning into a villain or Superman being so powerful as to become disconnected from humanity and becoming some kind of despot or destructive influence that needs to be stopped, that was such a brilliant concept. **** the Justice League, they should have pushed the Batman vs Superman thing. I'm sure the film will be good but it just seems like such a wasted opportunity. 

Edited by Serrano

Who's the BBEG supposed to be?

If you're referring to the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Trailer, it appears that Lex took Zod's body and made Doomsday out of it.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm still liking the theory that Batman is Deathstroke.

I dismissed that theory when I realized all his "evidence" was based on The Dark Knight Returns not existing

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

If you're referring to the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Trailer, it appears that Lex took Zod's body and made Doomsday out of it.

What? That Cave Troll from Fellowship of the Ring is supposed to be Doomsday!? I thought they just turned Zod's corpse into a random monster!

Edited by TrueNeutral

What? That Cave Troll from Fellowship of the Ring is supposed to be Doomsday!?

Believe so.  I mean its not explicitly stated, but yeah.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It could be a cave troll from LotR signalling DC is going to do a Justice League vs The Lord of the Rings film for all I know.

But the word on the street about the film was that Doomsday was in it, and made out of Zod's bod.

Edited by Amentep

My first reaction was it was Atomic Skull. Now I realize I was misnaming the giant skull faced atomic energy monster from the first episode of Justice League Unlimited.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

My first reaction was it was Atomic Skull. Now I realize I was misnaming the giant skull faced atomic energy monster from the first episode of Justice League Unlimited.

Brimstone, IIRC.

In the comics, Brimstone was a creation of Darkseid.

Brimstone, IIRC.

In the comics, Brimstone was a creation of Darkseid.

Yeah, I googled him afterwards. Also, it seems I missed a bunch of the trailer when I first watched it(was walking home), and watching it again, the character design is pretty obviously Doomsday.

Devastatorsig.jpg

BTW, Darkseid's Parademons around 2:00. Real or dream sequence - who knows?

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It could be a cave troll from LotR signalling DC is going to do a Justice League vs The Lord of the Rings film for all I know.

But the word on the street about the film was that Doomsday was in it, and made out of Zod's bod.

am honest not enough of a comic book nerd to know all the plausible rogues, but our first thought when seeing the trailer were, "doomsday."  possible reason for our impression is that we know more o' dc through the timm and dini animated stuff than through actual comic books.  

in the tv animations, doomsday is a living weapon created from a kryptonian blueprint and source material whose sole purpose is to destroy superman.  from the tiny bit we see in trailer, lex uses zod to create a kryptonian monstrosity that we can only assume has death o' superman as its raison d'être.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

American Ultra - I was expecting a bit more humor from this stoned super soldier movie.  It had some good parts, and I don't regret watching it, but I feel like it could have been better.  It started off slow, so that was probably my biggest issue.

Krampus (2015)

A family holiday get together manages to drive the Christmas spirit from one of their youngest, resulting in Krampus, not Santa, showing up for Christmas.  Krampus brings with him monster toys, evil elves and a need to punish those who've been bad and/or who no longer believe in the Christmas spirit. The film is by the director of TRICK 'R TREAT, Michael Dougherty, and is in a mode similar to Gremlins in a way - its a comedy and a horror film.  Lots of one liners zing (particularly from David Koechner and Conchata Ferrell who excel at the types of characters they're playing here) and the whole proceeding is handled rather well.  It manages the trick that isn't often done of being a good Christmas film and a good horror film at the same time.

Its not a perfect film (there's a couple of clunky family conflicts early on that could have been handled better) but it is, I think, a well made film.

Its good to hear Krampus is a bit of a comedy, looking at the cast in the first trailer I thought "Odd, this is all comedy actors"

Devastatorsig.jpg

Saw the Naked Gun films; all three over the last few weekends.

Really had forgotten most of them in large swatches (I've rewatched the TV series more than the movies).  They still hold up pretty well although OJ - who wasn't really a great replacement for the TV show's Peter Lupus - stands out even more now than he did then.

Edited by Amentep