RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

My problem with Doom is that I spent hours and hours and hours playing it on my original Playstation in 1997. 

Seeing it all glammed up with state of the art graphics feels wrong. They should have gone sort of retro in my opinion. It doesn't look like Doom.

FWIW Doom is one of my favourite video games of all time - what made it creepy was the superb music / audio and weirdness of the maps. I can't help but wonder if the new Doom will capture that.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Cradle, made by some former S.T.A.L.K.E.R. devs, among others, released today

Why do all the games I want to play have to release at the same time?  The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna and Victor Vran yesterday and Cradle today.I instantly go from nothing new to play for a couple weeks to too much to play.  #FirstWorldProblems

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I didn't realize Cradle was made by former Stalker devs. I'm a huge believer of "judging a book by its cover", and I have to say, the title card artwork is really off-putting to me.

bcb1c1f6c3.png

Looks like some unbelievably terrible indie sci-fi game. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I didn't realize Cradle was made by former Stalker devs. I'm a huge believer of "judging a book by its cover", and I have to say, the title card artwork is really off-putting to me.

bcb1c1f6c3.png

Looks like some unbelievably terrible indie sci-fi game. :p

You leave mechanical woman alone, she's gonna be my new waifu.  :p

I haven't seen any real reviews on it yet.  I'm sure the IGNs and Gamespots of the world are too busy pumping out article #657 on the latest upcoming semi-annual AssCreed reskin to be bothered to look at this, so I might not see any reviews for it for a while.  The few Steam reviews that are up are all positive, but you know how far you can trust those (as far as I can throw tanker truck).  I might just risk the $13 and give it a shot, I've been looking forward to this since they first announced it a couple years ago.  Worst case scenario is that I'm out a 12-pack.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hey, I like...um...mechanical women...as much as the next person, but the least she could do is put on some clothes...at least for the title card, doggonit...and not make the game look so silly. :p

Steam reviews have their use...namely, telling if a game is completely broken or completely terrible: anything at or below "mixed" and it almost always means at least one of those. :p Beyond that, it seems like they don't really usually mean much...particularly when it comes to indie games, where users have an odd tendency to give overwhelmingly positive reviews to games that have neat premises, but are executed in such a boring and/or repetitive manner that there's no way you'd want to actually COMPLETE the game. :facepalm:

Be sure to post in the "what are you playing" topic if you ever get around to it. :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I would really love to know more about this Kojima & Del Toro mystery game.

It will be called Loud Flatlands:shifty:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I would really love to know more about this Kojima & Del Toro mystery game.

It will be called Loud Flatlands:shifty:

That's Cradle, and you're playing it sonny.  :biggrin:

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Well ladies, some good news for you which might help you out countering the online abuse. A study which proves the obvious fact. If a man harasses you, he really sucks at the game and feels threatened by your skills :)

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0131613

If this study gets little bit well know, it might help them to rather shut up :p

TLDR version in this article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2015/07/20/men-who-harass-women-online-are-quite-literally-losers-new-study-finds/?tid=sm_fb

And here's Erik Kain's (of Forbes fame) response:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/07/21/more-terrible-journalism-erupts-over-new-video-game-sexism-study/

Also relevant, Liana K's video on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0qUQGzBmis

How many Halo matches did they play, because it says they only created 3 accounts. I would want to try to approach 1000 polls (different games) before trying to make any meaningful comparisons.

Also who plays Halo anyways. I have a strong suspicion the ration of 13 year old annoying brats is higher than the mean.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

*puke*

Well, Soon we'll have FFVII remake, and I bet my balls, that after this game gets out and the internet breaks from all the hate and deaththreats to Square, the HL 3 will be canned for good :p

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Also who plays Halo anyways. I have a strong suspicion the ration of 13 year old annoying brats is higher than the mean.

Sixty-five million copies, five million in the last eight months. Probably quite a few are playing. Who crapped in your Cheerios this month.  

All Stop. On Screen.

To be honest, I'm over Half-Life 3.  If it comes out some day, great, I hope it's good.  If it never happens, no skin off my back.  As far as this rumor, it sounds like a whole bunch of conjecture based on other conjecture which is based on yet more conjecture. 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Just googled "Halo".

halo5filliontight-139340.jpg

Another actor to stop taking seriously.

If you ever took Nathan Fillion seriously then you were watching Firefly wrong.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Never in my life did I've seen anything of Halo. I mean, really. Didn't even watched gameplay videos. At max some short snippets of a few seconds. This series never interested me at all, probably because it isn't for PC master race.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Never in my life did I've seen anything of Halo. I mean, really. Didn't even watched gameplay videos. At max some short snippets of a few seconds. This series never interested me at all, probably because it isn't for PC master race.

Well, just to catch you up, Halo is a series centered around Master Chef.  Master Chef is a phenomenal cook but he has a severe skin condition forcing him to always wear a full helmet to avoid contaminating the food he makes.  There is an alien gang called the Covenant, I think they're from Mexico.  Anyway, not only did these aliens come across the border illegally and are causing trouble for out law abiding citizens, they also don't much care for Master Chef's most excellent cuisine, causing our hero to have to take matters into his own hands and drive these illegal aliens back across the border.

• Like 8

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸