Journalism and bias in the gaming industry

Blarghagh

Old iron, any old iron.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

That said, I'm curious what the First World standard for them to consider a state oppressive is. Because it seems like you people have a very Hollywood idea of what a totalitarian state is.

I'm touched by your concern for my levels of understanding regarding the ways a totalitarian state operates, I really am, but I have lived in one, thankyouverymuch. So maybe if you could dial down the condescension, it would be much appreciated.

Sorry, it is hard to convey tone over the web.

I'm genuinely curious as I realize my perspective may differ from most. Also, you didn't answer my question.

I honestly think the term "totalitarian state" is meaningless.

There's a huge spectrum of various possible systems of governance with authoritarian attributes (and varying levels thereof); calling all of them "totalitarian" makes the term rather useless. So yeah, personally, I reserve the term for the platonic ideal of the Orwellian nightmare.

But alum you would have been too young to live under Communism ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

To have lived my formative years under communism, yes.

The statement "I have lived in a totalitarian* state" is, however, technically correct (the best kind of correct!).

*for a given value of "totalitarian"

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

To have lived my formative years under communism, yes.

The statement "I have lived in a totalitarian* state" is, however, technically correct (the best kind of correct!).

*for a given value of "totalitarian"

Fair enough, besides I imagine  the residual impact  of Communism would still have  resonated in Hungary for years after 1990 ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Fair enough, besides I imagine  the residual impact  of Communism would still have  resonated in Hungary for years after 1990 ?

Quite so.

Between a branch of my family being quite enthusiastic in collaborating with the system, and another branch harboring an undying resentment towards the occupying forces (experiences in labor camps tend to breed that sentiment), and both branches being rather keen on convincing me that their way is the only way, I'd say I had a rather thorough education on how the regime worked.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Speaking of Batman and PC performance issues:

1435225558146-0.png

1435225558146-1.png

The avatar on the second screenshot fits perfectly.

Well this really has ended well, with a resounding victory for the gamer, and a black eye for the corrupt media whom wanted Steam to not allow a basic consumer right. I do wonder whether this would have occured before Gamergate, and whether the public actually standing up for their rights, and spurning the regressive press has given the publishers a little more respect for their audience. It's really surprising to see how quickly Warner Bros. stepped in, and an indication of how valuable this audience is to their business.

On the celebration of historical revisionism, it's to be expected, Orwell really was a prophet in many ways.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

1435225558146-0.png

1435225558146-1.png

Well this really has ended well, with a resounding victory for the gamer, and a black eye for the corrupt media whom wanted Steam to not allow a basic consumer right. I do wonder whether this would have occured before Gamergate, and whether the public actually standing up for their rights, and spurning the regressive press has given the publishers a little more respect for their audience. It's really surprising to see how quickly Warner Bros. stepped in, and an indication of how valuable this audience is to their business.

On the celebration of historical revisionism, it's to be expected, Orwell really was a prophet in many ways.

No Nonek, GG has nothing to do with this....but maybe it has. Making someones personal details available just seems.....unethical, craven  and an unnecessary step ? Sounds like something GG would do...so you probably right  

John Milton 

1435225558146-0.png

1435225558146-1.png

No Nonek, GG has nothing to do with this....but maybe it has. Making someones personal details available just seems.....unethical, craven  and an unnecessary step ? Sounds like something GG would do...so you probably right  

How many times do you have to shoot yourself in the foot in the same thread? Quite fascinating.

• Like 3

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

1435225558146-0.png

1435225558146-1.png

How many times do you have to shoot yourself in the foot in the same thread? Quite fascinating.

Oh no, have I done it again ...for shame  :biggrin:

How did I do it this time ?

John Milton 

"No Nonek, GG has nothing to do with this....but maybe it has. Making someones personal details available just seems.....unethical, craven  and an unnecessary step ? Sounds like something GG would do...so you probably right "

\That's funny since SJWs do that all the time then brag about it. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"No Nonek, GG has nothing to do with this....but maybe it has. Making someones personal details available just seems.....unethical, craven  and an unnecessary step ? Sounds like something GG would do...so you probably right "

\That's funny since SJWs do that all the time then brag about it. :)

Volo it hurts my feelings when you say things like that 

John Milton 

The FEELS.

:lol:

• Like 1

John Milton 

1435225558146-0.png

1435225558146-1.png

Well this really has ended well, with a resounding victory for the gamer, and a black eye for the corrupt media whom wanted Steam to not allow a basic consumer right. I do wonder whether this would have occured before Gamergate, and whether the public actually standing up for their rights, and spurning the regressive press has given the publishers a little more respect for their audience.

It's amazing how you can take a screenshot about a person on the publisher side behaving like an utter ****, and still blame the press.

One might suspect that there is a reason for that, such as the press' advocating for publishers and developers against consumers.

Tea for the teapot!

What are the refund rates like(on Steam) for Arkham Knight?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

That's a good question. The user reviews are not good though.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That's a good question. The user reviews are not good though.

Considering the quality of the port, that shouldn't come as a surprise.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I cannot say I'm impressed with Apple's decision to pull all games with a Confederate flag in them from the Apple store, even those based on the Civil War.
It's a rare day when Warner Bros looks wiser than anyone, but here's something that was shown on DVDs for the old Looney Tunes cartoons:

U8UZyVI.jpg

A far more meaningful way of going about things, I think.

• Like 8

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

To put it in perspective, if someone decided to pull all movies from their store featuring the Confed Battle Flag it would include movies such as Glory, if they pulled all TV series it would be toodles to Ken Burns' Civil War series etc. Every time corporates pander to sjws their knee comes straight out through the top of their desk- though its utterly unsurprising a hipster sjw outfit (slave labour based production notwithstanding and to be ignored, can't have sjw without the requisite hypocracy after all) like Apple knee jerks like they've been wired up to mains electricity if they think there's some PR in it. 

Plus as others have pointed out, veneration of the confed flag is a symptom, not a cause and this is all feel good treatment of  an easy symptom because dealing with the cause is hard, might require some self examination and require some actual changes to be implemented after some proper thought is put into it. Far easier to blame anything else and pretend that it can be fixed by hand waving.

• Like 2

Don't see the point of the argument, Bruce is just skirting around the fact that he is an unrepentant SJW that will support them in all endeavors. That or he gets a kick from playing devil's advocate for us

The guy had sex with his friends wife, I don't think that is right. Now there is a video about this and suddenly the company who are hosting the video is the " bad guy " and legally could be forced to close down. I don't agree with that
Do you want me to set cameras around your estates that will catch you wanking or members of your family doing odd things and the allow it to be hosted on my website while someone will post them there?

People need to understand that there are some rules that protect privacy. He did not commit a crime, and this should be hardly shocking to anyone living in NA where there is more cheating people among attractive ones than non-cheaters. It seems to be a part of the culture of "fast shoppers" and "i want it now" attitudes. People cheat whenever they feel even remotely bored. This while not entirely a positive thing, is not a crime and should be respected in terms of privacy and that's what matters.

If the site was monetizing on it and the claim has a merit i hope he will win. He will need this money in case of a divorce...

Edited by Darkpriest

I don't think Hogan was married at the time (I think he was divorced before that). It was his friend's wife he slept with. He is amrried now. I can't say for sure. Hogan's my favorite wrestler but I don't really give a crap about his private life to know the time line to eprfection. L0L

And, no, unlike SJW perverts, I have no interest in seeing a  near 60 year old man (at the time)'s sex tape since that's exactly what the losers are claiming. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't think Hogan was married at the time (I think he was divorced before that). It was his friend's wife he slept with. He is amrried now. I can't say for sure. Hogan's my favorite wrestler but I don't really give a crap about his private life to know the time line to eprfection. L0L

And, no, unlike SJW perverts, I have no interest in seeing a  near 60 year old man (at the time)'s sex tape since that's exactly what the losers are claiming. LMAO

I seem to remember people pointing out the double standard of Gawker coming out against the massive leak of private celebrities pictures(AKA the fappening AKA that one with Jennifer Lawrence) their treatment of the Hulk Hogan situation.

Liberals seem to have very convenient blind spots when it comes to their biases, I quite frankly feel that it is genuine psychopathy

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

well I assumed he is, I have not been following his "career" since I was a teenager and watched some of his appearances in NWO and even then he was aged already :p

One might suspect that there is a reason for that, such as the press' advocating for publishers and developers against consumers.

Occam's razor would say the reason for that has more to do with the established pattern of publishers being horrible without any outside help than with the press "advocating for them", but whatever.