Journalism and bias in the gaming industry

Blarghagh

That's not good enough. You now need to take the next step. Admit they need to be DESTROYED for their EVIL actions.

Yes it is.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

That's not good enough. You now need to take the next step. Admit they need to be DESTROYED for their EVIL actions.

Yes it is.

To quote a classic: "No."

To rebuff your nonsense: "Yes."

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

GTA is successful. It doesn't need to be changed because people already want to buy it so the SJWs are just trying to  tell other people what they can and cannot play. EVIL.  Nobody I know of is trying to take SJW favored games away and those whoa re are scumbags too.

btw, When you try to murder something and proclaim success then yeah you definitely hate it. So, no doubt about it, SJWs loathe gamers. They have admitted it.

\

You calling me an idiot just proves the point about how double standard that SJWs live by. :)

"I have already accepted that Gawker shouldn't have posted the video, lets move on now "

Volo every single gaming genre can improve and look at ways to be innovative 

Games should evolve to cater for new audiences, you are right that the GTA franchise is very successful but I don't think that means nothing should be changed

The real question is what would be considered meaningful change to grow the fanbase...and I just don't see how removing hookers is going to do that ?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I like Volo

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

GTA without killing hookers after using them wouldn't be GTA. Is an iconic activity, even non gamers know of it.

I wouldn't have known about it at all if it hadn't become an internet issue.

Mind you, I've never played a GTA game, so...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Kirottu pls, don't give them any ideas.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Apple Removes All American Civil War Games From the App Store Because of the Confederate Flag.

What's next? Banning all the WW2 games because of the nazi flag?

They do that in Germany.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Apple Removes All American Civil War Games From the App Store Because of the Confederate Flag.

What's next? Banning all the WW2 games because of the nazi flag?

They do that in Germany.

They obviously hate freedom of speech. Down with the feminist agenda! Down with the shadowy cabal of SJWs that control Germany!

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

And yet you deride Volo, amusing.

Anyway, shouldn't be too surprising, nor are people lauding this for sensitivity (apparently playing a certain side in HOI is traumatic towards Jews and Slavs by some comments I'm seeing on this).

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm just pointing out that the complete breakdown of civil liberties people envision as the ultimate and inevitable end result of "restricting freedom of speech in video games" seems not to have happened in Germany (yet).

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Don't think anyone was doing that, but okay. Germany banning the symbols in games seems silly to me, but I am outside.

I'm just pointing out that the complete breakdown of civil liberties people envision as the ultimate and inevitable end result of "restricting freedom of speech in video games" seems not to have happened in Germany (yet).

:lol:

You make me laugh....no you right. Germany is still a free society despite this " interference " in the design of certain games 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's on it's way; just you wait. Any day now: POOF! All freedom will be gone.

• Like 1

Germans had a very specific reason for banning that topic (although history revisionists will speculate about it) They also had banned any violence against humans in games, I don't know if this still holds true. 

That said, I'm curious what the First World standard for them to consider a state oppressive is. Because it seems like you people have a very Hollywood idea of what a totalitarian state is.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Germans had a very specific reason for banning that topic (although history revisionists will speculate about it) They also had banned any violence against humans in games, I don't know if this still holds true. 

That said, I'm curious what the First World standard for them to consider a state oppressive is. Because it seems like you people have a very Hollywood idea of what a totalitarian state is.

You originally from Cuba right, I imagine you have experienced real dictatorial policies ?

Whats your definition?

John Milton 

??? What do you mean? What is a Hollywood or non-Hollywood idea of what a totalitarian state is?

I'm touched by your concern for my levels of understanding regarding the ways a totalitarian state operates, I really am, but I have lived in one, thankyouverymuch. So maybe if you could dial down the condescension, it would be much appreciated.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

You originally from Cuba right, I imagine you have experienced real dictatorial policies ?

Whats your definition?

I don't think that there is a one size fit all definition, but on some part propaganda makes it look worse than it seems. I know this because every day we were pumped full of news about how bad the US government is. Now I get to see the same from the other side, and how the US demonizes their opponents, so I can't really say that free speech looks all that different from what I had before.

??? What do you mean? What is a Hollywood or non-Hollywood idea of what a totalitarian state is?

An edited version of the truth which focuses on what you want to show rather than what it actually is like day to day and what the people living under it actually want.

village_idiot.gif

I'm touched by your concern for my levels of understanding regarding the ways a totalitarian state operates, I really am, but I have lived in one, thankyouverymuch. So maybe if you could dial down the condescension, it would be much appreciated.

Sorry, it is hard to convey tone over the web.

I'm genuinely curious as I realize my perspective may differ from most. Also, you didn't answer my question.

village_idiot.gif

Hungary, the happiest barrack behind the iron curtain!

But are we really seing Germany's ban on swastikas and video-violence as a good and functional thing? Here i always thought it was to be mocked at best or seen as a tragedy at worst.

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This flag is a convenient panacea :lol:

Sorry, it is hard to convey tone over the web.

I'm genuinely curious as I realize my perspective may differ from most. Also, you didn't answer my question.

I honestly think the term "totalitarian state" is meaningless.

There's a huge spectrum of various possible systems of governance with authoritarian attributes (and varying levels thereof); calling all of them "totalitarian" makes the term rather useless. So yeah, personally, I reserve the term for the platonic ideal of the Orwellian nightmare.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid