Yep. I have replayed (reroller maniac) many many times up to act two from when the game first launched and when the list came out and White March 1 and I have always got the right items on the right days (of the in-game month) from the list. And I am playing on windows 7 and hard difficulty. I would say the list has been acting up recently after White March 2.

PS .. should have been Esternwood and not Valewood in first post.

Yeah, I thought I ran into a problem spot myself last night but it turned out I had the wrong loot point (Ogre cave, Dyrwood crossing).

I'm kinda at a loss as to what might be happening if you're playing 3.03 on Win7 and having a problem. But to be clear it's not that it's totally different from the list but that there seems to be an offset of a few hours? As if it's counting the days at a different interval than what is displayed on the UI?

Well, I actually decided it was really a lot of work trying to figure out what was wrong and decided to just roll with whatever came but like someone said, I just wanted the gloves of manipulation and I'll be a happy camper :).

Anyway did a bit of testing and there were two moments in time I travelled from.

First one was after I had recruited Eder and ALoth and travelled immediately to Esternwood to the cemetery:

day 2 hour 11

20 majprima - spellward amulet
2 camps forward to day 3 hour 2, 1 fonprima - ring of overseeing

Second one was after I recruited Eder and ALoth and spent a little time (well, one hour in game time :p) in the Temple of Eothas and travelled to Esternwood to the cemetery:
day 2 hour 12
20 majprima - minor ring of protection
2 camps forward to day 3 hour 3, 1 fonprima - cape of withdrawal

Prior to this, I have done a lot more testing which I didn't record so my apologies if there isn't much more data I can provide. 

Edit: Sorry if I have confused anyone with the 2 camps forward item list ... :p I have corrected them.
Edited by st0rmeternity

• 2 weeks later...

Durgan’s Battery

Galvino’s Workshop – Little Wooden Box

1. Healing hands

2. Boots of stability

3. Boots of stability

4. Minor gauntlets of accuracy +3

5. Gloves of manipulation

6. Blunting belt

7. Boots of stability

8. Cape of withdrawal

9. Minor cloak of protection +5

10. Cape of deflection +5

11. Minor cloak of protection +5

12. Ring of overseering

13. Spellward amulet

14. Amulet of health

15. Blunting belt

16. Boots of evasion

17. Ring of unshackling

18. Boots of evasion

19. Rymrgand’s mantle

20. Amulet of health

Can anyone tell me where this box is in the map? Thanks.

Durgan’s Battery

Galvino’s Workshop – Little Wooden Box

1. Healing hands

2. Boots of stability

3. Boots of stability

4. Minor gauntlets of accuracy +3

5. Gloves of manipulation

6. Blunting belt

7. Boots of stability

8. Cape of withdrawal

9. Minor cloak of protection +5

10. Cape of deflection +5

11. Minor cloak of protection +5

12. Ring of overseering

13. Spellward amulet

14. Amulet of health

15. Blunting belt

16. Boots of evasion

17. Ring of unshackling

18. Boots of evasion

19. Rymrgand’s mantle

20. Amulet of health

Can anyone tell me where this box is in the map? Thanks.

I think it's in the hidden room

"Ceiling – Roof Hidden Box" doesn't give gauntlets of accuracy +5 on day 9, but instead a ring of overseeing. Day 10 is a cape of withdrawal as expected, so this might just be a single change.

Actually, now I reloaded the game again right before I looted the ring overseeing, and now it does give the gauntlets. Something strange is going on.

Edited by Bubbles

I've looked into csharp-assembly code of 3.0.3+wm1+2 to see how this random thing works:

private void SetSeed()
   {
       float single = base.transform.position.x;
       Vector3 vector3 = base.transform.position;
       Random.seed = (int)(single + vector3.z) * GameState.s_playerCharacter.name.GetHashCode() + WorldTime.Instance.CurrentDay;
   }

Chests are filled with loot when opening for the first time. For "randomizing" calculation, not only day of month matters, but also numeral hash of player character name, so differently named characters may get an "x" day(s) offset of loot, but still the same order of it.

If GameState character is the one currently selected, contents may be different when opened by characters with different names.

There doesn't seem to be any checks for difficulty, char level or stats anywhere.

Game engine uses seed to sort the order of loot list (not to select a single item from it), and assembly code adds first item from sorted list using some weird-looking code that checks weight of all "random" items.

Changing a single byte of default flag value in LootList:Evaluate() made all chests and corpses in the game to have all possible "random" loot at once. I can't point to the byte in original .dll bc reflexil changes the binary too much on any save.

Edited by digited
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've recently encountered a strange anomaly with the random loot cycling. I am playing 3.02 on a Mac with WM1 & 2 installed, and I've been playing for months with the random loot cycling normally as has been reported. Over the past week, however, on new games I am not getting the loot one would expect in the day and place as reported in the tables. I am sometimes getting loot that isn't even on the cycle at all for a specific location. For example, I am now getting the Amulet of Health at the hidden stash by the exit to level 2 in the Endless Paths of Od Nua level on day 4, rather than the expected Minor Ring of Deflection. I also received the Shimmering Cloak on the altar in the Copperlane catacombs on day 7 instead of Nature's Embrace. Neither of these items are on the lists for either site. I haven't updated my game; I have no idea why this change has occurred. I have recently started playing on Hard rather than Normal difficulty, but this should not be the cause of the change, as I have played on Hard once with no change at all in the random loot cycling.

[Note: I upgraded to 3.03 and the problem seems to be resolved.]

Edited by dgray62

Just a short question in general.

How can I see which day of the month I actually have?

I've tested it in Black Hound Inn on the upper level chest.

Without a rest (directly from the beginning to Gilded Vale) I get the Rymrgand's Mantle. With the rest you have to take I get a Minor Ring of Deflection.

So the game starts with day 20 as it seems?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I believe that the game starts on day 18, but it is typically day 19 or 20 when you reach Gilded Vale, depending on whether you rest or not. I usually go straight to Gilded Vale without resting and then rest in the Inn to progress the storyline, and then loot the chest upstairs to get Rymrgand's Mantle, which is so useful for your tank when you reach Caed Nua. Then I go back to Valewood to get the Torc of the Falcon's Eyes on day 20, which is also very useful early in the game.

Just a short question in general.

How can I see which day of the month I actually have?

You can hover your mouse over the day and night symbol in the bottom centre of your screen. It will say day X (the number of days you've played as that character), then month Y (what month it is and what day of the month you are on). It's the latter you'll want to use to obtain items.

In general, I find day 4 at Raedric's Keep pretty good (you can kill one or two guys if you know what you're doing, then talk to Raedric and make the keep non-hostile, then double-cross him later if you so choose). Gloves on Manipulation, Belt of Bountiful Healing and Boots of Stealth are all pretty neat items and can be found in various locations around the keep. Other than that, you could pick the day at the keep where you get Gauntlets of Accuracy, which are good for the entire game (I'm using a set right now right in the end game) and are pretty rare on the loot lists as things go.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the random loot has changed within the last month? I am running version 3.03.1047.

I am doing another playthrough and managed to get Rymgard's Mantle from the Black Hound Inn as planned. Went to Raedric's Keep to pick up the Ring of Searing Flames (2 Fonprima) and rather than getting the Ring of Searing Flames, I got Gauntlets of +5 Accuracy. This is in the hidden loose brick inside the cell opposite of Giacco.

I have tried moving the hour forward by resting, or not resting, but since it is still the result does not change. I have tried using different characters due to the different name hash info provided earlier, and I keep on getting the Gauntlets of +5 Accuracy.

I don't mind too much as this is a party playthrough, but this could seriously impact my next solo playthrough...

Ultimate.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that the lists can be a bit fickle, especially if you leave an area and then come back to it. However, on my latest playthrough I got everything I planned for (the good old day 4 at Raedric's Keep, netting you Gloves of Manipulation, Belt of Bountiful Healing and Boots of Stealth) so I don't think they've changed.

As digited mentioned on the previous page, your character's name apparently can also affect loot lists - for whatever reason however this almost never happens to me, which is why I think most of my problems of from revisiting areas, etc.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input. I have never had issues getting any of the items I wanted, but am having issues now. The Gloves of Manipulation have been replaced by Boots of Stability and the Belt of Bountiful Healing by some bracers.

On the previous page there is a post indicating that the name of the char opening items may cause different items to be obtained, but I did not see that happening. Reloaded a couple of times now and tried it with different characters, but the result stays the same. Only real difference is that this is not a solo playthrough.

Oh well, these items aren't needed by I still need to do both a TCS and FCS and this can make it quite more difficult.

Ultimate.jpg

Why not console them in when you could naturally acquire them?

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yeah, I considered consoling them in. However, does that not disable the TCS and FCS achievements in Steam?

The current run was more about getting the plan of action right for my next TCS run. After having my 3rd Rogue die in Act 3, I just needed a break from solo play. May test this out over the weekend with a new solo char and see whether I can still get the items I need.

Ultimate.jpg

Thought I'd read you were using the I.E. Mod but apparently not. That would let you cheat without typing IRoll20s

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Awesome , thanks all for the hard work, especially the OP. Hopefully I might actually be able to get gloves of manipulation sometime....

Though I hope Sking and his cohorts are not complete sadists and end up changing the tables in the forthcoming patch for a laugh.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

• 4 weeks later...

Have been playing the game with some solo characters now running in parallel and have managed to get the items as usual.

Not sure if having a party influences this or if there is some other trigger that caused my prior problems.

All the enemies in Act 2 are now quivering in fear at the mere thought of being hit by Combusting Wounds from the Ring of Searing Flames since they know either Touch of Rot or Wood Beetle poison will follow.  :devil:

Ultimate.jpg