Level 8 on party wasnt enough to get +5 accuracy gloves. Got the +2 (desk raedric hold)

I get three pairs of +5 accuracy gloves in readic hold at lv 5 though...
How strange. Do you have any mods?

I dont. Playing on hard path of iron

Edited by Tennisgolfboll

A very nice list, with this I might go back to planning a TCS Speed Run.

A question for the table under Dyrford Crossing > Temple of Skaan: Is that the secret Loose Brick guarded by one Elder Wolf on the bottom left of Dyrford Crossing?

And do you know of a min. level requirment for that table to load? I was trying to get the Boots of Speed there with level 4 and it gives me a Scroll of Protection.

Edited by AllanonTM

A question for the table under Dyrford Crossing > Temple of Skaan: Is that the secret Loose Brick guarded by one Elder Wolf on the bottom left of Dyrford Crossing?

This refers to a chest in the upper left of the underground Skaen temple. You get there either by the statue surrounded by beetles in dyrford crossing or the tanner in dyrford.

• 2 weeks later...

Your list has saved me a few hours of planning time for my TCS Speedrun, so thank you for that.

I've use it to get following items in the early game:

- Minor Ring of Deflection

- Amulet of Health

- Rotward Amulet

- Boots of Stealth

- Gloves of Manipulation

- Ring of Searing Flames

All of my attempts to get early Boots of Speed have failed, but I'm not sure that they would be worth the time investment anyways.

I've also given you a shout-out in my video description:

Pillars of Eternity - TCS Speedrun (2:18h, No Glitches, Solo, Highest Difficulty, Triple Crown)

Edited by AllanonTM
  • Like 1

Hello, didn't chekc much yet, but this seems like lots of time and effort went in, thanks!

edit: wooaaaahh using this it might be possible to get 6 pairs of boots of speed :o

:o

All of my needs in a basket and sent to Satan, that's awesome.

t50aJUd.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The IE mod has an option to "refresh" random loot every time the game loads; if you want, you can use it to save before you open the chest and reload if you don't get what you want.

But at that point, it's much quicker to just use AddItem and get it without wasting your time on a thousand reloads :)

1) Where do i get this mod? Link please. Thx.

2) Is it possible to have only the random item mod?

3) The List is perfect, But i dont know all the locations. Is there a List with Map Names on it? Or are these the Map names and i am to stupid, because i play it in german :)

Edited by brabe

3) The List is perfect, But i dont know all the locations. Is there a List with Map Names on it? Or are these the Map names and i am to stupid, because i play it in german :)

1) Link.

Note that the mod requires updating every time the game is updated, and it is currently not compatible with patch 2.0 or The White March. It was a big update and it seemingly requires a lot of work on the modders' part. With a patch coming next week for The White March, I expect it to take a tad longer still before the mod is available again.

2) Unfortunately not, unless current maintainers can do that for you. What you can do is disable all options in the mod's option panel except the loot-related ones; there will still be a few things the mod automatically applies without asking you, but they won't be many.

3) The list is in the OP and to the best of my recollection it does include map names (in English.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The IE mod has an option to "refresh" random loot every time the game loads; if you want, you can use it to save before you open the chest and reload if you don't get what you want.

But at that point, it's much quicker to just use AddItem and get it without wasting your time on a thousand reloads :)

Hey,

In German:

Es gibt keinen random item mod.

Nur diese Liste. Die Namen der Locations auf der Karte stehen über der jeweiligen Itemliste, in Englisch.

Das einzige was man mit dem IE mod machen kann ist die Einstellung random loot bei jedem neu laden neu zu würfeln.

Will the game recognize if i cheat with add item?

I will not wait till IE Mod comes out and works with 2.0

Do i realy have to wait till september or can i chance the date of my computer in any way? Maybe plug out the internet and chance the date of my computer.

The time that matters for the list is in-game time; real time doesn't come into it.

If you cheat, the game will disable achievements. Ironically, the IE Mod lets you cheat without disabling achievements but alas, that would imply waiting...

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

How can i use that?

Is the only chance of changing the time by taking a rest? Or can i switch the time else?

Is time changing a cheat that deactivates the achivements?

I want to use some special items from the list, but how can i get them with the corect time/day.

Has anyone checked this out with V2.0 / new expansion ?

I seem to be getting different items from some chests - eg the trapped box in Eothas' temple gives me a Spellward Amulet instead of the Amulet of Health on day 1 of the month.

Trying to follow the TCS Speedrun with a rogue but not sure how if I can't get the items :)

Erm... it's not the real world date - it's the date in the game. You can look it up when you hold your mouse over this watch like symbol right from your character portraits. Where you also can trigger game speed.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I'd like to clear up a few things for people, as I just did some testing thanks to the misleading "always the 17th!" info:

There is no universally guaranteed spawn date when these gloves will show up in a particular container. Not everyone will find them on the 17th, or the 19th, or whenever. I haven't tested enough to say that the gloves will definitely be on a loot list for any particular container, however, it does seem like they are. For the game I tested on, they showed up on the 15th of every month in the container on Raedric's desk, and only on the 15th.

The loot spawned is based on the day of the month, not the game day or hour (e.g. Day 47, Hour 9) or a set repeating pattern (e.g. every 20th day.) The daily loot list is not altered by weird mini-months, such as the 3-day long Summer Rising holiday. Those 3 days of Summer Rising will have the same loot spawns as the first 3 days of a regular 20-day month, and the daily loot spawns will remain the same for the following regular 20-day month.

Loot is "set in stone" based on the particular day of the month that the container is opened. Not, for example, the day you first load a map. This means that you can rest between opening chests on the same map to score loot from different days on the loot list. You can loot Raedric's desk chest on 15th, and the bedroom chest on the 16th, and get the loot on the specific container's list from the 15th and 16th days, respectively.

My testing was done by snoozing in Nedmar's room, as I had already kill Osrya in the game I was testing. For future games, the best bet would likely be to NOT peek in the secret stash in the prison cell, choose conversation options that let you snooze with Osrya, and then  "map out" the daily loot lists for the secret stash, Raedric's desk chest, and the bedroom chest by resting a day at a time. 

Non-unique items are randomized.

Loot is generated when you peek in a container.

The looting seed used in all areas is changed after every game day.

You can manipulate the game into coughing up a pair by knowing the location where it drops and resting 3-4x to change the seed.

For example, there is a pair that can be found on a desk in Raedric's private chambers. It is connected to Osyra's room and you can freely rest there if you side with her.

If you want an easy way to obtain the gloves, do the following:

1.) Save your game in Osyra's room.

2.) Use her shortcut to reach Raedric's private chambers.

3.) Loot the desk.

4.) If you find the Gloves of Manipulation, congrats. You can stop here.

5.) If you don't find the Gloves of Manipulation, reload your save.

6.) Talk to Osyra and rest until a day passes.

7.) Go back to step 1.

To get a better understanding of how the seeding works, if you find the Gloves of Manipulation on Raedric's desk, you'll also find a Blunting Belt in the trapped chest by Raedric's bed 100% of the time. The seed used to spawn the gloves on his desk is the same seed used to spawn the belt in the trapped chest. If you loot the gloves, but don't want the belt, you can go back down to Osyra's room and rest a day to change the seed.

I hope thats better for understanding.

Does anyone make a 2.0 update?

Day 5 raderic hold gloves of manipulation (upstairs) and blunting belt (dungeon). Anyone know what the ring of overseeing does? Does it make barb carnage are bigger, I can't tell...

You can look on Aloth's armor to find a description of overseeing, iirc it increases spell area.

I found the torc of falcon's eyes in the trapped box in the Gilded Vale Temple of Eothas on the 20th of the month, fwiw.

Day 5 raderic hold gloves of manipulation (upstairs) and blunting belt (dungeon). Anyone know what the ring of overseeing does? Does it make barb carnage are bigger, I can't tell...

It gives +10% radius to all area of effect abilities, which is an increase equivalent to 1 2/3 Intelligence. So it isn't a big deal for anybody who already has high Intelligence, but on the other hand, every bit helps and gaining better rings for everybody who uses AOE effects is something that likely isn't going to happen until act 3.

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.