What are you playing now?

No nudity, but I killed an old lady in the end. 70 hours over two weekends, Knights II, christ I couldn't stop. Didn't watch the news, have no idea what the weather's supposed to be ... all I know is my Jedi Consular was unbeatable. Force Storm is so overpowered, but it's more fun than normal people playing games should have.  

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

I may have wasted the weekend playing Planetside 2 for the first time.

I also may have decided that I hate my teammates because 4/5ths of them are too busy sniping to do their frickin' job.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Mostly Shadow of Mordor, it's such a great game.  It's a hallmark of a great game when it creates really great emergent stories, and the Nemesis System works wonderfully for that purpose.  Also, with how the Uruks move dynamically around the world it can set up some situations where missions suddenly become exponentially more difficult than they would have been under different circumstances.  For example, I was doing a mission where I needed to confront and kill an Uruk captain.  Seemed like a simple enough mission, I even sniped all 5 of his bodyguards with elf-shot before hopping down from my perch to confront him.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy, right?  Well, it turns out he had a horn he used to alert nearby Uruks and summon them and it turns out there were 3 other captains nearby at the time, so suddenly a 1 on 1 fight became a 1 on 15, including 4 captains.  Oops.  What followed was a tense 15 minute battle/cat and mouse game as I systematically whittled down the numbers while trying my best to not get surrounded and overwhelmed, until the numbers got to a point that I could manage a straight up fight.  It was fantastic.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Started with Star Ocean 4 Battle Trophy Hunting. Last 6 out of 900 to go. Moving towards 700 hours played O.o For some reason once in a while I really get addicted to this game... It will take maybe 20 or more hours to finish it...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Football Manager is pretty addictive, the match engine still messes around with me. But have managed to beat mighty Zenit and Lokomotiv with Kuban so far, as broke as I am.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Loving Planetside 2. It's not pre-Bending Planetside, but it gives it the ole college try.

I fetched myself Albion from GOG. Currently grinding levels, much needed cash and some gear. Took me a while to get over the antiquated gameplay mechanics (gold having weight, actually needing food, no context-sensitive left click, it's all so... archaic, somehow) but the game itself is pretty awesome. If a little unforgiving with the combat at first.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Mostly Shadow of Mordor, it's such a great game.  It's a hallmark of a great game when it creates really great emergent stories, and the Nemesis System works wonderfully for that purpose.  Also, with how the Uruks move dynamically around the world it can set up some situations where missions suddenly become exponentially more difficult than they would have been under different circumstances.  For example, I was doing a mission where I needed to confront and kill an Uruk captain.  Seemed like a simple enough mission, I even sniped all 5 of his bodyguards with elf-shot before hopping down from my perch to confront him.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy, right?  Well, it turns out he had a horn he used to alert nearby Uruks and summon them and it turns out there were 3 other captains nearby at the time, so suddenly a 1 on 1 fight became a 1 on 15, including 4 captains.  Oops.  What followed was a tense 15 minute battle/cat and mouse game as I systematically whittled down the numbers while trying my best to not get surrounded and overwhelmed, until the numbers got to a point that I could manage a straight up fight.  It was fantastic.

I think I would have enjoyed that game more if I remembered more of the lore from the films/books.  As it was, it had been quite a while since I saw the movies/read the books, so a lot of the story-behind-the-story was lost on me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Burned through chapter 3 of The Witcher 2 in a marathon session, the clunky mechanics and UI kinda make me don't want to play through again to see Roche's path.

Only took me since release until now to remove this one of my "to play" list, heh.

- story and characters are great

- pacing in chapter 3 seemed way off when it comes to upgrades, it just started *raining* new gear all of a sudden, to the point of being ridiculous really.

- UI is (still) unpolished, hitting esc ("Back") takes you back to the game world (unexpected/annoying) while clicking "Back" in the menus takes you up one level (expected behaviour). This little glitch annoyed the living hell out of me.

- combat is either: boring (casual), annoying (normal) or frustrating (anything higher), either way, after chapter 1 I put it on casual just so I could just get it over with as fast as possible.

- not being able to interact with things while in combat is seriously annoying (I had to basically murder the entire Kaedweni camp because I entered a wrong door at some point in Chapter III since I couldn't leave anymore /sigh)

- autosaves could use some work: saving after an automatically triggered conversation (but not before?) but not after completing a major quest step?

All in all the verdict is more or less the same as for TW1: I greatly enjoyed the game despite many of the mechanics, not because of them (though imho TW1 had much better combat than 2, but I also think Dark Souls is a horribly frustrating mess, this is probably related as I'm obviously bad at that kind of twitchy block/dodge/roll combat especially when combined with clunky movement) and the game certainly improved compared to the (imho: unplayable) mess it was at launch.

If I sound overly negative that's just an impression, I greatly enjoyed the game and I'm curious how they've addressed some of the weaknesses in TW3 (and how the story plays out, of course!).

It's much better in the beginning when it's more story driven with the Red Baron, I don't mean Von Richthofen, well you know the one I mean. This does give me some hope that the smaller scale DLCs set in a specific area going to be better. Simply because there is going to be more fleshed out characters in a smaller area. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I'm either a really ballsy Planetside 2 player, or really dumb.

One of my recent escapades involved defending a Biolab from TR attack. I'd accidentally spawned as Light Assault and camped on top of a building to shoot the gallery as they came up. They seemed to entrench well and I couldn't find any good targets. I'm not used to LA, so I thought "what kind of grenade does this have? got to be explosive, right?" and just hurled it into the middle of the TR horde.

Smoke blanketed the area and I thought "well, crap." The TR must have been as surprised as I was, because they stayed exactly where they were. So I lead the charge.

Worked out boffo.

I added Diablo 3 UEE to my PS4 and, let me tell ya, this was the way the game should have played since the beginning on PC. I have no login, no lag, no stupid auction house and it adapts surprisingly well to a PS controller. Since there is no noticeable graphics difference with PC, I'm fairly well pleased with it.

Note: Hey Activision, if you happen to read this: If you're wondering why a lot of us abandoned our accounts years ago and put you on our spam blocking lists... Moves like the PC version of D3 is the reason. I, and several others I know, just walked away with our money when you took over and the effects of that merger became obvious.

• Like 1

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

I picked up Shadows of Mordor for my PS4 since my laptop is out for repairs.  It's pretty fun.  Super bleek though.  Why were humans living in Mordor again?  I get the real estate market can be rough, but that is just a bad neighborhood.

I finished Cradle.  It's an interesting narrative, the way they told the story, and it ends kind of abruptly and much is left to interpretation.  I mean I kind of have an idea about things but there is so much left unanswered.  Still, overall I enjoyed the story and most of the game, aside from the cube mini-games, which were, quite honestly, dull.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Lydia always sees to get in the way of my arrow shots.  The only time she doesn't is during my first shot, when I sneak up on a foe and snipe him before he even sees me.  But if it becomes a prolonged battle, she inevitably ends up running right into my line of fire.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I picked up Shadows of Mordor for my PS4 since my laptop is out for repairs.  It's pretty fun.  Super bleek though.  Why were humans living in Mordor again?  I get the real estate market can be rough, but that is just a bad neighborhood.

Slaves.

Nurn was always inhabited by humans.  Obviously, during the times when Sauron was near or at the peak of his power it was a pretty crappy place to live.  During the times when Sauron's power was weak and Gondor held Mordor in check, it was probably a pretty great place to live since the area was so fertile.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Playing Cyanide's Game of Thrones RPG. I have to say it's the kind of political intrigue I was expecting from DA:O but never got.

You were expecting deep political intrigue from a BioWare game? 

GIF-Christian-Bale-confused-dafuq-distur

Snide comment aside, Orzammar was far and away the best part of that game, IMHO, largely because it was based around political intrigue.  It still wasn't the deepest web of intrigue, but it was several hundred fathoms deeper than anything else in the game, and it would have been a significantly better game had the rest of it been more like Orzammar.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸