@Stun: How are you playing your wizard? 'Cuz I'm finding Aloth (plus one Chapter 1 trial run with a PC wizard) more than competent, and I haven't been abusing Slicken or Chill Fog (didn't even notice the latter is foe-only). Fan of Flames, Curse of Blackened Sight, Reveal Vulnerabilities, and Wall of Fire have saved my bacon more than once. And at least Curse of Blackened Sight is now way more powerful.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Is there any word on how soon this patch will be distributed to gog.com? The weekend is coming up and it would be nice to be able to play with these fixes over the weekend.

I should also probably submit a ticket about not having my kickstarter bonus items on my gog.com account too.

Did you try:

https://www.gog.com/account/refresh

?

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Patch notes looks ok but anyother fella thinks Strongholds event history UI should be decending rather than ascending? I thought Its gona patched out too

Thank you so much for reminding me. This irritates me so much but I keep forgetting by the time I've closed the Stronghold menu.

• Like 1

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

I stopped playing when I got to the second floor of the Temple of Eothas dungeon after realizing the bugs. Can't wait for Patch 1.03. Should make the game much more playable and less nerve-wracking in encountering nasty bugs.

Calibrating...

Patch notes looks ok but anyother fella thinks Strongholds event history UI should be decending rather than ascending? I thought Its gona patched out too

Rymrgand, yes. I've been breaking my brain over the appropriate forum to post minor suggestions (including this) though. I'm also bewildered to hear Stronghold guards calling me "stranger" (what do you want, stranger? or something to that extent). :)

There's plenty of scrolls in P:E as well. And you can make more.

Scrolls area vital part of my strategy. They allow a great deal of versatility between different types of casters and greatly increase the usability of all casters without the need for excessive resting.

Can anyone explain how were wizards nerfed ? Except the increase range on spells, I see nothing changes for wizards, did I miss anything ?

Also, people keep saying they're useless, but atleast for me on Hard, they seem fine. I just save my spells for tough fights and don't spend them on "trash mobs".

Blinding, Fireball-ing, Confusing a group of 5 Ogres is the difference between win and lose. I would have NEVER survived this fight without Aloth

They fixed two broken spells, Slicken and Chill Fog. That's causing a lot of butthurt. They also bumped up damage on a bunch of others and made Curse of Blackened Sight foe-only, which for some reason the butthurt ones fail to notice.

• Like 2

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Also I don't like the arbalest Nerf. The weapon is super slow to make up for its stronger hits.

So are all the firearms. I'm sure they just brought down to be in line with the other slow but hard-hitting weapons.

I'm not butthurt, but chill fog lingers for so long that it was nice tanking mobs inside it.

That's just lazy though. Slicken has been waaay too good for months but I always used Chill Fog like it was foe/friendly so the nerf won't affect my style even on my freeze mage. It's fairly easy to micro and funnel mobs into the CF radius. 

• Like 1

Guys complaining about wizards are just used to them being completely overpowered as opposed to balanced. There is nothing wrong with them - they work perfectly well, if anything they are still a tad overpowered. Good that mind blades is being nerfed it's completely bonkers at the moment. Overall looking forward to the patch, thanks obs.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Some of the best CC was in level 1 spells. Now some of the best CC has shifted to level 2 spells. That's not a very big change. Don't most players hit level 3 before Raedric's, even?

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

Some of the best CC was in level 1 spells. Now some of the best CC has shifted to level 2 spells. That's not a very big change. Don't most players hit level 3 before Raedric's, even?

I think the changes to Chill Fog and Curse are an attempt at making the CC-only spells better at CC than the CC+damage spells. 

Nothing about long save/load. A pity, can't play like that.

Yes there was. The long save/load was caused by player-laid traps persisting, including the frost traps laid by Kana's frost trap song when your party moved around. That's been fixed.

Yes there was. The long save/load was caused by player-laid traps persisting, including the frost traps laid by Kana's frost trap song when your party moved around. That's been fixed.

You sure that's the cause? 'Cuz I barely use traps and my save/load times are ginormous and growing. I just figured it was my ****ty computer until, like...right now.

Edited by Katarack21

"Character Hit Autopause option should be working as intended."

I wonder if "Spell Cast" and "Weapon Ineffective" autopause options got fixed as well, they were presenting the same wrong behaviour, Spell Cast was triggering on your casting instead of on enemy casting and Weapon Ineffective when enemy weapons were ineffective, not yours.

Edited by pedroantonio

You sure that's the cause? 'Cuz I barely use traps and my save/load times are ginormous and growing.

Kana has that one chant which makes characters lay frost traps as they move. That was the main cause. There were other objects that were supposed to be non-persistent which ended up in the saves and bloated them, which have also been cleared out, but that's the main one.

No fix for the intelligence stat decreasing damage over time in spells instead of increasing it?

That never was a bug, just an unclear description. IIRC the description has been fixed, not sure about that though. Check the notes.