Chill Fog isn't even my favorite level 1 wizard spell. That would be Fan of Flames. As I mentioned I haven't even used it as if it was foe-only...

Level 2 just became a lot more attractive though IMO, with foe-only Curse of Blackened Sight and, presumably, Rolling Flame that's been fixed so that it won't nuke the whole party every time due to the ridiculous bounces.

Use those bounces as a feature. They are the only reason I took down Raedric. :)

Wiz t1/t2 really need to be per encounter at much lower levels now after these changes tongue.png

Someone make that mod original.gif

What if they became per-encounter at levels five and nine? Then the pattern could continue with third-level spells at thirteen, and fourth-level spells at seventeen. The current pattern would be ridiculous, with 19th and 20th-level wizards casting sixth-level spells per-encounter. This way wizards get a power boost earlier, but don't become so insane in the sequel.

• Like 3

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

I've tried, and in fact they did save my behind once when things were going pear-shaped with phantoms and shadows. Fired off one which nuked them all, but left two or three of my party still standing.

I've completely failed at using it with any type of control though. It's basically a "destroy lots of stuff in this room" type of thing. I suppose it could be used in combination with the right buffs to let you avoid the FF, but I somehow can't imagine that's the intention.

My most hilarious experience with it was a TPW with it by attempting to shoot at some spiders. Bounced right back, then another bounce aggroed more nearby spiders which came and swarmed what remained of my party after the flame had rolled over it.

Upshot is, I will not use it at all in my current Trial of Iron run. Just too risky.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Wiz t1/t2 really need to be per encounter at much lower levels now after these changes tongue.png

Someone make that mod original.gif

Partially would be nice. Especially L1 spells. If you got 1 per encounter, and 2 per rest or something. Basically, if you'd already used up your per-encounter "ammo" for a given encounter, and you cast another spell, it would just up your per-rest "ammo."

I think that would be nice. Then, every so many levels, you get another per-encounter L1 spell. And maybe a L2 spell. Up until you reach the point at which those spell tiers (1 and 2) are currently ENTIRELY per-encounter. It's a bit odd that, you hit a certain level, and suddenly you can cast 70 of this spell per-rest, instead of 7. A more gradual slope with that shift would be nice.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Druids' late game spells are nothing compared to what a late game Wizard can put out.

Let me put it this way. Remember how much you loved the first level spell Sleep from Baldur's Gate except that it only worked on Kobolds? PoE's equivalent of Sleep works on the PoE equivalent of Mind Flayers.

Compare the 5th level Wizard spell Blast of Frost to any of the Druid's strongest spells. Nothing comes close damage-wise. 6th level spell Minoletta's Piercing Burst ignores DR and does a lot more damage than it lets on.

You should see how obscenely OP confusion is. It casts fast, can be fired from far away, almost always works (even had it working for the final battle), has a huge area of effect, and gets the enemies to pwn each other. I got Aloth to handle some of the warden bounties by HIMSELF (on hard) cuz' the spell is soooo OP.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I think it's ok that Slicken got nerfed. So far it has been the ultimate answer to any difficult fight which a level 1 spell really should not be.

My biggest WTF moment was when I realized it can affect units which fly or have no material body to speak of  :w00t:  Also spiders should be immune.

• Fixed a problem where attributes on characters could permanently increase by equipping certain items. This will also retroactively fix the problem in saved games that have characters with this issue.

I hadn't realized this was a thing until I opened my save today. I found my Druid had over 300 INT...  :blink:

My guess is it was that darned drinking horn.

does this mean the druid's spiritshift will still not be clearly marked as a temporary ability with no clear way to know when it's about to run out? seems like that wouldn't be a difficult fix but it's not in the patch notes. hmmm.

So basically all the bugs that people are whining about are already fixed and being tested and the game has been out for one week. Sweet.

I don't think my Pallegina bug is fixed yet, nor the mess that is the Sanitarium :(

I'll give it another month before I start whining, I think.

• Modified attributes of companions and Itumaak.

I am very curious about that.

Same. I'm assuming Josh made the Companion's attributes more "logical" than what it is now?

Calibrating...

Looks good, bring it on.

I can see why it took them so long to get a patch out since there's a ton of stuff in it, but I still think they should've fixed the biggies messing with stats that affected lots of people quicker and done up the rest of this stuff after that.  Oh well.  Better late-ish than never.

I haven't encountered any bugs yet (40 hours in) but I'm tempted to just stop playing until the patch. But that's a slippery slope for me. I stopped playing DOS a few months ago when Swen started teasing us (I swear that's all he's been doing since November: teasing) about a big content/polish patch for Spring. 

• Like 2