What's on the idiot box Part 4 (or something)

LadyCrimson

Not interested? I loved Heroes until, well, you know...so Im interested to see whats doing in the new show. I think its the same producer/director as the first so that's a little discouraging. :unsure:

There was a LOT of network meddling in Heroes. It was supposed to originally be an anthology series with a new cast each season. Sylar was supposed to die at the end of season 1. The writers strike crippled season 2, and by that point it was damaged irreparably. Season 4 was a step in the right direction, but it was too late.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Rewatched Doomstar Requiem: A Klok Opera. Damn you Adult Swim for not allowing Brendon Small to finish Metalocalypse.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Not interested? I loved Heroes until, well, you know...so Im interested to see whats doing in the new show. I think its the same producer/director as the first so that's a little discouraging. unsure.png

There was a LOT of network meddling in Heroes. It was supposed to originally be an anthology series with a new cast each season. Sylar was supposed to die at the end of season 1. The writers strike crippled season 2, and by that point it was damaged irreparably. Season 4 was a step in the right direction, but it was too late.

It was supposed to be an anthology series with a new cast so they could continually show origin stories of their characters.  While I think there was a lot wrong with Heroes, the idea of new origin stories, slowly building to a group coming together and a season climax doesn't really appeal to me.  I find most superhero origin stories to be the least interesting part of the package.  And even in season one, most of the time the best stuff was done after they'd established character's origins, not the origin story itself.

Sylar not dying at the end of Season One though was the thing that broke the show for me, though. I even said when they "killed" him something along the lines of "if he's not dead, I won't watch this show again". Cue up the shot of the body missing and the bloody trail leading to the sewers and I turned to my brother and said, "Not watching this again". He suffered through season two and part of three. I remained blissfully unaware, though. Because the show died for me at the end of the first season.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Watched the old Bill Bixby Incredible Hulk pilot today, I have to say that it stands up rather well despite its age, I don't think any of the modern actors takes on the character have been so realised as Mr Bixbys. Obviously Mr Ferrigno's Hulk is not a patch on the later animated monster, but in this iteration one hardly sees that side of the duality.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Uh hah!  Just got my redemption code for the first four episodes of Con Man.

Time to watch some amusing geek stuff.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Sad news, Catherine E. Coulson (aka The Log Lady aka Margaret Lantermann in TWIN PEAKS) has passed away.  She was 71.

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/catherine-e-coulson-log-lady-deceased/

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Agents of SHIELD was good. Lash's makeup was super cheesy though.

Trying to make it through the first ep of the Guardians of the Galaxy animated series. Its really cringe worthy. Voice work is awful and they seem like they're trying to reference the movie every 30 seconds. Marvel finally caught up to DC in the animation game with Earth's Mightiest Heroes and really threw it all away with their Avengers Assemble, Agents of SMASH, and now GotG.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think there's only so much they can do with Lash (who was heavily stylized anyway) on a TV budget.  I thought it worked for what it was.

Overall I thought Season 3 of AoS started strong.

Hm. Apparently there's going to be a new Doctor Who spin-off.

A series based around the Coal Hill  school where Clara taught, and where the very first companions came from.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Been watching The Muppets with my daughter, it's pretty dang good. My favorite moment was Ms. Piggy getting a hot stone massage and the Swedish Chef popping up muttering something about bacon. :p

It has its moments, but the 15 minute pitch piece managed to capture the feel of the muppets much better than the show does.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Me and Mrs Nonek have been somewhat gripped watching Oz, it's very gruesome and gritty but very good, i'd never heard a single thing about it before happening to catch a repeat on TV.

Its weird but I have just downloaded the whole series to watch again

Oz is brutal, brilliant and absolutely compelling...its like you can't wait to see who else joins the prison and what faction he will join

I'm surprised you are comfortable with it though, it pushed the boundaries of homosexual sex and it gets more intense later on so prepare yourself 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela