What's on the idiot box Part 4 (or something)

LadyCrimson

Dark Matter.

Starting out to look like a nice little sci-fi. Quirky that it's a tv show adapted from a comic mini-series that was originally written to be a tv show...

Six people wake up on a starship with no memories of their past lives, and find the ship stocked with guns. Complications then ensue.

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Dark Matter.

Starting out to look like a nice little sci-fi. Quirky that it's a tv show adapted from a comic mini-series that was originally written to be a tv show...

Six people wake up on a starship with no memories of their past lives, and find the ship stocked with guns. Complications then ensue.

From the Stargate people too, and it shows. It has the same feel and sense of fun.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I see the next season of True Detective has been released ....oh yeah  :dancing:  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Incredible Burt Wonderstone - My quest for more Vegas flicks led me here.  I wasn't expecting much, to be honest, and for most of the movie that expectation was met.  It started off different than expected, two young boys who are bullied form a friendship over magic tricks.  That was a good start, but then it spun into stupid humor with Steve Carell being oblivious.  That went on for too long and I actually gave up on it, but then the next night I went back after a couple beers and the story changed a bit.  Alan Arkin really changed the tone of the film, and it become a more endearing bit about a magician recapturing his enjoyment.  The end was actually pretty great, I laughed more at the final scene than anywhere else, and so I felt that the payoff was worth the watch.  

Also, Jim Carrey really just exists on the sidelines.  He is somewhat entertaining, but the payoff for his character is also pretty funny.  Really, it was anot a bad watch with a couple of beers in you.

edit: dangit, this isn't the movie thread!

Edited by Hurlshot

edit: dangit, this isn't the movie thread!

Okay, you can admit to it... It was more than a couple of beers and that's why you got the wrong thread...  :shifty:

• Like 1

Killjoys isn't bad. I like Dark Matter better, but the world killjoys puts forward so far is more interesting.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Dark Matter

Not too bad so far although I find the crew personalities to be a little cliché.

Forged In Fire

Terrible and the "mastersmith's" didn't strike me as all that masterful. Ill give it one more episode to salvage itself. 

I watched the first episode of Dark Matter and I also found it cliched... " another series about a group of people who have no idea who they are and how they got there " 

The only difference is its set in space, I have never been a big Sci-Fi  fan and for me to watch this genre it has to be at least inventive. So I'll be skipping this series :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Dark Matter

Not too bad so far although I find the crew personalities to be a little cliché.

Forged In Fire

Terrible and the "mastersmith's" didn't strike me as all that masterful. Ill give it one more episode to salvage itself. 

I watched the first episode of Dark Matter and I also found it cliched... " another series about a group of people who have no idea who they are and how they got there " 

The only difference is its set in space, I have never been a big Sci-Fi  fan and for me to watch this genre it has to be at least inventive. So I'll be skipping this series :)

The basic archetypes are standard, but...

The discovery that they are in fact the bad guys gives it a slight spin on that. I'm curious as to how that'll play out.

• Like 1

Dark Matter

Forged In Fire

The basic archetypes are standard, but...

That is unexpected....maybe I should watch episode 2?

John Milton 

Rip Patrick Macnee. Going to try and squeeze in a few avengers eps tonight or tomorrow

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It's absolutely depressing how many of the early Avengers episodes are lost, RIP Mr Macnee.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Introduction to an Avengers 50th anniversary @ Chichester University from Mr. Macnee in 2011.

Ended up watching "The Cybernauts" and "Dead Man's Treasure". Sadly I don't have copies of any of the existing Cathy Gale episodes or the Tara King season.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Watched through the 10 episodes of Dig over the weekend.

Slow paced beginning but managed to grab me with a nicely tense atmosphere with that mix of age old biblical conspiracies twisting and turning, started with a murder mystery and an FBI agent stationed in Jerusalem.

Apparently part of the initial premise was that it would all be shot in and around Jerusalem, but the Israel-Gaza conflict last year caused the production to shift out to other places after only getting half the episodes done. Makes me wonder how much they had to change things for that.

I will say it was interesting to see Jason Isaacs take a lead role as a hero, and not as some villain or supporting jerk character. Included were a good supporting cast, such as Anne Heche, David Costabile, Richard E Grant, and Regina Taylor. 

Has anyone watched sense8? The first episode outside the first and last 5 minutes was so... Not good. I love the Wachowskis so I want to give it another try but not if every episode is like the first.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Sense8 is all over the place but I still kinda liked it. The

body switching

parts are generally the best part of the show but that doesn't really start to happen until later on

Edit - I'd say your enjoyment depends on your patience with the dense and convoluted plot

Edit2 - or if you're bothered by a lot of gay/trans stuff

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Ninja Warrior, Michelle Warnky, great run. Awesome core strength. 

The other guy, too, the 56-year old competitor, all the way to the warped wall ... "your AARP card has been revoked!"  :lol:

Can't wait for next week, see some uniforms punish the course. 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

ANW is an awfully fun show to watch.  Although I felt bad for some of the contestants who ended up being out due to some unfortunate blunders.

I really can't recommend "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell" enough, this is really a quite charming little series in the vein of the BBC of old.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Side-watching James Patterson's 'Zoo' story. 

Seems there is a straw-colored lens filter much like the green one in The Matrix, only gold. Can't tell if the show is ridiculous or just silly.

Fortunately, earlier, they showed the one episode of The Flash I missed.   

All Stop. On Screen.

Side-watching James Patterson's 'Zoo' story. 

Seems there is a straw-colored lens filter much like the green one in The Matrix, only gold. Can't tell if the show is ridiculous or just silly.

Fortunately, earlier, they showed the one episode of The Flash I missed.   

The ads for Zoo make me think of a Syfy original. Like if they made Sharknado into a tv series.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Zoo is kinda ridiculous, but I liked it enough to watch it again next week.