SWJs want to censor backer created content.

The big news here for me isn't that someone got offended by something that the backers put into the game but that someone read those notes in the first place. By the second zone when I figured out what the gravestones/golden bars means I stopped clicking on them and never looked back. It's not like these characters are part of any serious lore that Obsidian feels bound by.

Also I would be sooo happy if I never had to read the word SJW again. ;..;

• Like 1

If you're going to change it, I certainly hope you either write the person who backed it a check for his/her donation back or allow him/her to substitute another original stone of their choice.

But don't change it, it's a nice little reference to The Crying Game.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

If it was already approved to be in the game, I don't see why some people on Twitter have the right to scream until it's taken away. And considering it was a backer's addition, it really shouldn't be taken out without consent of the guy who made it. That's my opinion, at least.

• Like 1

This is... wow.

The joke in the text is clearly on the guy who ran off the cliff. Killing yourself over a bedding gone wrong? He was a moron and deserved to die, haha. Darwin Award winner.

Suggestion to people offended by this joke: Improve reading and comprehension skills. Playing PoE with its huge amounts of complicated text is actually a good opportunity to help you polish those skills. 

• Like 2

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

This is... wow.

The joke in the text is clearly on the guy who ran off the cliff. Killing yourself over a bedding gone wrong? He was a moron and deserved to die, haha. Darwin Award winner.

Suggestion to people offended by this joke: Improve reading and comprehension skills. Playing PoE with its huge amounts of complicated text is actually a good opportunity to help you polish those skills. 

Makes me think of the old Bill Hicks bit:

Today, a young man on acid thought he could fly and jumped out of a building.  What a tragedy.

What a ****!  If he thought he could fly why didn't he try to take of from the ground first?  You don't see birds who are ready to fly south lining up at elevators!

• Like 3

Even looking at the content itself the request is insane. It's "Transmisogyny" when the person they are intimate with has hidden their gender from them and the person lied to gets upset?  I'm sorry what?

These people are crazy even if we take the light heartedness of the limmerick away and look at just the themes.

• Like 3

Oh, I think I have an idea that could please everyone!

What if there was an option to just remove backer-added content from the game?

That way if you don't want to see it, you don't have to, but people who don't mind will still be able to get the full PoE experience, complete with backer additions!

Would that work out for everyone?

If you're going to change it, I certainly hope you either write the person who backed it a check for his/her donation back or allow him/her to substitute another original stone of their choice.

If Obsidian actually changed it, I'd lose pretty much all respect for them, as I would for any company that caters to insane twitter freakazoids that go out of their way to get offended.

• Like 5

This is what happens when you give people like Anita Sarkeesan a voice, everyone thinks it's acceptable to criticize video games for some social issue that has nothing to do with anything.

This person is what you would call an attention whore. And if you called them that, they would be offended that you used the word whore.

Edited by Kaldaien
  • Like 4

The professionally offended sticking their snouts in again for that sweet-sweet satisfied feeling that they had POWER ("wow!") over a person/company by getting them to censor things they pretend to be offended about. And given this same offendotron that started this latest set of victimhood chasing offense has tweeted things like the below in recent months;

"Now that I know how to file my nails to points I should turn them into weapons so I can #killallmen more effectively"
"cis men. They don't get what really matters like usual
"generally it takes me at LEAST three tweets to work up to putting men in concentration camps"
"me too, this one was just very funny because I literally could not give less of a **** about cis men talking about themselves"
(for the laymen, "cis men" basically means born a man, identifies as a man, and this person hates them)

I really don't think they have any actual interest in the results of this or any other censorship, other than some sort of powertripping twisted inner-glow because they influenced a person/company to do something on their say-so (and maybe earn those tainted SJW bonus points amongst their equally twisted "friends").

As always, it's just one big circle-jerking SJW powertrip over absolutely nothing, from a bunch of people that aren't even actually interested in the subject-matter at hand, who say and do far worse things to others all the time day in day out. Do not cave in to them - if you do, they'll start looking for more and more things to force you to censor (and force you to start apologising for things you should not be sorry for), and once you go there you are stuck appeasing this sociopathic minority forever.

Oh, I think I have an idea that could please everyone!

What if there was an option to just remove backer-added content from the game?

That way if you don't want to see it, you don't have to, but people who don't mind will still be able to get the full PoE experience, complete with backer additions!

Would that work out for everyone?

I feel simple mod would be fine for it. No need to create problems fro devs over such little thing. I prefer them to dedicate every precious second of thier work time into expansions or sequel than to this non-problem

If Obsidian actually changed it, I'd lose pretty much all respect for them, as I would for any company that caters to insane twitter freakazoids that go out of their way to get offended.

I can't disagree, especially if it was removed without consent from the backer who tossed in at least $500 to get it in there.

If you're going to promise something to backers, don't renege on that promise.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Oh look, a completely optional part of the game that has the potential to negatively impact my game-play experience. Time to delve in and rant about it on Twitter! 8D

The devs need to do nothing more than include a disclaimer stating that optional content with backer provided information is included in-game.

Edited by View619