What are you playing now?

Just got myself a black cat in Pillars of Eternity. Oh joy! <3 

Getting a little further in this game and holy ****, I must admit that facing well armed human opponents is no walk in the park! I wonder how it must be to play this game on Expert Mode or Trial of Iron. It's still great fun though, I love how I got out of most situations without getting involved in much combat. Truly a well balanced game. Also, I met  Durance...  :grin:

I also play some Borderlands 2 on the PS4. I decided to go with Zero this time around. It's great fun playing as zero, his special skills remind me of Lilith the Siren in the first game. Still, my favorite class remains The Mechromancer.

Edited by Cat Food
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

^ Maya and Axton 4ever. ;)

===

The one good thing about peeking at the Path of Exile beta is knowing what the passive tree changes are going to be. Passives moving a step to the left, passives disappearing or slightly changed or being moved far far away, etc. First time having that advantage for me - usually I'd go to play after having not played for 8-12 months and all my chrs. had their passives refunded and I'd be all "wha/who/where, I have no idea where to put them, now."

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I said before I was heavily modding Morrowind, so here are the results :D

9zhwILj.jpg

jFbH8iw.jpg

KLx7Fdm.jpg

I1BaSGf.jpg

ztRXB3e.jpg

adLysJL.jpg

AvQgnS2.jpg

Edited by Luj1
  • Like 3

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

I played a bit more of Xenonauts. I just read that they decided to make psi abilities unavailable to the player because "lol imba". Some of the changes I really like (such as making laser weapons useful). This one, not so much.

Needs autoresolve for ground missions, though.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Took a bit of a break from Witcher 1.  I really don't know what it is, but it hasn't kept my attention like Witcher 2 did.  When I do play, it keeps my attention.  But sometimes it feels like I've got to push myself to start playing it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Just finished Corellia, and now I think I'm almost done with the Jedi Knight storyline in TOR.  It's been a pretty good ride, the story has a bit more going for it than the trooper plotline.

This is no golfing simulation game ... it's Dark Souls: Prepare to Die by Bogey. Loaded up the special Seasons mode that came with the swank collector's edition, which includes levels for Beginner, Amateur, Pro-Am, Pro, and Elite. Proceeded to pummel the field by 17 strokes, advancing to Amateur expecting a cake walk twirling my eight iron. First up, ocean-view bluff links with 570yd Par 4's and pencil-thin runways trapped with sand on both sides. Made great time until the second Par 5, five-putting across a humpty dumpty green. Still, sixth place overall... in the running. Next course, desert wind, where you can watch the flags flap the other way in about four seconds. Either this game is the most fun and challenging thing I've played, or it's totally stupid and I hate it more than anything. Right now at the Atacama Club, playing the so-called Amateur season, I'm +7 after 14 holes, in 26th place. Winning.  

In fact I agree, The Golf Club, 38th place is very uninspiried.  

41094e81-0e3f-416a-8760-2f42ff832e50_zps

Still gonna play cause I freaking love this game. 

Edited by ManifestedISO
  • Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

GTAV, the game is great. Rockstar really are masters at creating an immersive and living world that you can interact in 

Plus there are strip clubs so it feels just like RL  :biggrin:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

yeah GTA V is awesome. Too bad online mode sux balls

~ Kaine

Still playing Metro 2033 Redux.  It's a really good game, I just wish it wasn't so linear.  All I want is a game with the atmosphere of Shadows of Chernobyl, the visuals and gunplay of 2033/Last Light Redux, and the openness of Call of Pripyat.  Is that too much to ask?  That's probably too much to ask, isn't it?

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Still playing Metro 2033 Redux.  It's a really good game, I just wish it wasn't so linear.  All I want is a game with the atmosphere of Shadows of Chernobyl, the visuals and gunplay of 2033/Last Light Redux, and the openness of Call of Pripyat.  Is that too much to ask?  That's probably too much to ask, isn't it?

maybe use custom shaders and HD textures in stalker?

~ Kaine

Finished the Witcher, still undisputably one of the most moral endings i've ever played in a game, turning righteous vengeance into self doubt with a simple reveal. It's a pity Jacque's end and Eredin's defeat is not included in the save import, I really want to see some reference to that in the Wild Hunt.

Think i'll finish Poe before going on to Assassins of Kings.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Beat the tar out of the penultimate boss of Bloodborne. Running around to do other stuff before finally committing to completion.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished Chapter V in the Witcher.  I couldn't figure out how not to kill the striga (read the hints online after I'd already done the battle).  Oh well, I'd already secured her "sex card" prior.  No big loss. ;)

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The save system is absolutely garbage.  One save, and it's an autosave.  Mine got corrupted when I was already far into the game, and I haven't bothered to go back to it because I don't feel like replaying multiple hours just to get back to where I was when the save got corrupted.

This is why I absolutely HATE it when developers use the autosave feature rather than letting people manually save at any time they want.  On save corruption later and you're back to square one.

Finished Chapter V in the Witcher.  I couldn't figure out how not to kill the striga (read the hints online after I'd already done the battle).  Oh well, I'd already secured her "sex card" prior.  No big loss. ;)

Even without Yrden, just running around like an idiot until enough time has passed does the trick.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

In my opinion this creates a much better ending for Radovid the Stern, his ending slide with Adda looks too jovial and positive. The time passes far faster in Adda's tomb, the candles will burn down ridiculously quickly.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Even without Yrden, just running around like an idiot until enough time has passed does the trick.

That's what I attempted to do at first, but I went through like 2 or 3 cutscenes of Geralt saying "if I want to kill her I better do it soon", but gave up because I wasn't sure if it would just keep saying that until I actually killed her.

Been fooling around in New Vegas, playing something light before finals.

Considering playing BG2 with hidden kits, anyone here have experience with that mod?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Finally finished the Witcher 1.  Solid overall game.  Not a fan of the combat, though.  The three different forms (group, fast, strong) didn't always work as intended (my guy had a tendency to stand and not strike when I tell him to).  Also the enemy always got a hit or two in right after a cutscene before I even had chance to unsheath my sword.

Not sure how much of that story will be considered part of "canon" going into Witcher 3.  I can't even recall any of the events carrying over to Witcher 2.

Installing Wolfenstien Old Blood.

A game that's 37 gigs, as an addon to the Nazi killing awesomeness.

Also GTA five and remembering why I hate Trevor so much (the guy is so inconsistant)

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The extra weapon slots in the Witcher 1 seem like such a huge waste.  I never use the axe/dagger/etc. non-witcher weapons, so they're only there to earn me some orens.

Speaking of which, that's one area the Witcher 2 greatly improved: loot and finding weapons that are actually better than your starting weapons.  In my Witcher 1 play through, I'd been using my same silver sword since the beginning until I got that one in Chapter IV, and I was using my original witcher steel sword until I bought the weird named one from the blacksmith's son in Chapter IV.

Yeah, the extra slots were a waste of space. I kinda disagree about the swords though, I think there's one in each chapter at least and having them be sufficiently rare seems a lot more realistic (*especially* the silver ones), than finding new ones all over the place.

Finally finished the Witcher 1.  Solid overall game.  Not a fan of the combat, though.  The three different forms (group, fast, strong) didn't always work as intended (my guy had a tendency to stand and not strike when I tell him to).  Also the enemy always got a hit or two in right after a cutscene before I even had chance to unsheath my sword.

Not sure how much of that story will be considered part of "canon" going into Witcher 3.  I can't even recall any of the events carrying over to Witcher 2.

Combat (and movement in general) wasn't really Witcher's strong point, but imho it was even worse in Witcher 2 (certainly at release), so here's to hoping Witcher 3 will actually improve things. I'll also never forget Witcher 1's DRM, scarred for life by that abomination.

On another note, finished the main story and DLC for Saints Row IV. It was fun and all but I think I enjoyed Saints Row: The Third more (also spent more time in it), maybe because the aliens aren't such great opponents or maybe because you just get way too strong way too fast (even though you can't become 99% invincible in the same way you could in SR3). It was nice how the story of the previous (and especially the first two games, which I didn't play) was sort of explained though.

Edited by marelooke