What are you playing now?

balance > fun

2XHUSXA.jpg

Dude :lol:

Where do you get this photo's from ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Even though I haven't played PoE yet your I find your cynicism funny  laughing.gif

I haven't played it either because I was so turned off by the Beta. sad.png I keep telling myself "Just one more patch and then Ill play" but I know the dark truth...Ill probably never click the play button once.

I haven't played it either because I was so turned off by the Beta. sad.png I keep telling myself "Just one more patch and then Ill play" but I know the dark truth...Ill probably never click the play button once.

Thing is, overall the game is a lot of fun, imo. There's some gems in there and it definitely gives me the old game feeling a lot of the time. But by Act3 the combat issues and some other niggling things start to wear you down.
  • Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anyone tried Elite Dangerous ?

Fun space game, but kind of ran out of things to do

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Anyone tried Elite Dangerous ?

Never heard of it. What genre? Strategy?

Edit: ah, space game.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5s-pc-exclusive-video-editor-is-its-killer-feature/

Sooooooooooo.....GTAV is out in 4 days, who is planning on playing this much anticipated game  :dancing:  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I need to upgrade, and no rush really

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Even though I haven't played PoE yet your I find your cynicism funny  laughing.gif

I haven't played it either because I was so turned off by the Beta. sad.png I keep telling myself "Just one more patch and then Ill play" but I know the dark truth...Ill probably never click the play button once.

The PoE Beta revealed absolutely nothing about what is really great in PoE, and that is the fantastic character development and story.  You have to start from the beginning to get a real feel for the epic that you are thrust into, and all the companions are just generic until you actually recruit them and travel with them a bit.  The demo never appealed to me either, but it is not a real reflection on the game.  

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 2

I need to upgrade, and no rush really

Yeah that may be an issue for me, I'll confirm when I'm  back in Joburg

I also bought the Vanishing of Ethan Carter last week so I'll definitely play that game when I'm back

John Milton 

Still playing Metro 2033.  Great atmosphere.  Some of the shooting sections are a bit annoying, especially when you're in the rail car shooting enemies that you can hardly see (between limited range of view, muzzle flashes, and being shot, it's difficult to pick up where each enemy is).

I don't know if one part glitched, but the game didn't exactly do a good job of telling me what I had to do.  There was one part where the dialogue said to regroup and defend a certain spot, so I followed the NPC I was with and did that.  Wave after wave of enemies kept coming with no relief in sight.  Finally, I decided to go exploring deeper to see what was up.  Apparently there were two tunnel exits you had to blow up to stop the enemies from flooding in.  There was zero indication you needed to do this.  It's a good thing I decided to do some exploring otherwise I would have spent all day shooting waves of enemies that never stopped.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yes for all of my criticism I am enjoying Poe, as Lady Crimson says it is a very good game, it is just that mechanically it seems...off. I know that is vague but I really can't explain it any better, it just seems dry and I know not what, whereas in some of the IE games I enjoyed the steady escalation of combat, abilities and challenges.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Yes for all of my criticism I am enjoying Poe, as Lady Crimson says it is a very good game, it is just that mechanically it seems...off. I know that is vague but I really can't explain it any better, it just seems dry and I know not what, whereas in some of the IE games I enjoyed the steady escalation of combat, abilities and challenges.

I think the problem is lack of enemy variety, and in my case no mods to change difficulty. That said, the combat system pushes high damage/ DT bypass generlly, but BG2 pushed dual-wielding as the bet weapon style so I'm not sure if that's different either.

*shrug* I jut wan't a game with good combat.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

If Poe had the combat and situations of Blackguards, or Blackguards had the narrative of Poe, it would be an instant classic for me personally.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Hardline mostly... (I am not the camera guy but I'm in the car for that one).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There are a few fights that are kind of challenging, mostly because of overpowered abilities (that, admittedly, I also have access to, but the particular enemies have many more HP than I do) but it really is too easy. I think I'm nearing the end, I've been level 12 for a while, and I just tonight beat a dragon without a single character doing down (though it was close with my MC cipher...single hits for 134 damage are painful, I should have stayed at range.)

That said, I really like the story and the companions, and there are definitely some choices that I'm not sure what the right decision is, or if there even is a right decision.

Still, I did kind of figure out who the overarching enemy was right after the tutorial (not the direct adversary, mind you), but the details of it were somewhat unexpected.

Overall, I really, really like the game. If it was harder (and turn-based), I'd probably rate it a 10/10 for me personally, but as it is, I'd say it's probably a 9. I definitely plan to replay it pretty quickly (I picked up Valkyria Chronicles on sale a day or so after PoE came out, and I'll probably give that a shot before I replay PoE.)

If Poe had the combat and situations of Blackguards, or Blackguards had the narrative of Poe, it would be an instant classic for me personally.

Combat in Blackguards took a significant turn for the worse once the purple hordes of doom showed up.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Combat in Blackguards took a significant turn for the worse once the purple hordes of doom showed up.

Yeah, TRPGS where the enemy outnumbers you, outclass you and you only get one turn are a bit too frustrating to me. Plus I hate having to wait for 8 guys to finish their turn before I get a chance to try and hang on for dear life.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Getting a bit bored of PoE. I find the writing generally good with some dry spots, but the combat is much too repetitive.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands