NFL 2015 Season

Gromnir

This is the same Manning who has countless MVPs and many major records. People also forget that his playoff record isn't completely horrible (despite the many one and dones) and the damn guy has a SB (and MVP) and this is now his FOURTH trip. People are also forgetting he's been playing injured since last year - btw, that is when his poor play started. It has little to do with his age but over coming injury. This is also the guy who btw has thrown ZERO interceptions in TWO playoff games (RS is meanuingless right I mean that is what people claim all those years he lost right?0 Peyton also flatout outplayed Brady.

That said, Carolina is way too strong. I'd be shocked if they don't win. They have clearly been the best team in the league. Every other team has had at least one stinker. Even their loss against Atlanta, they weren't bad. They simply lost a tough game. It happens.

I think GD is right. Carolina will win by at least 10 points. It should be noted, however,  the SB  is not a home game, so that 'advantage' is taken away.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

people is Not forgetting manning injuries.  exact opposite.  injuries and age is the reasons given for manning's drop in ability.  hell, comments 'bout age is inextricable linked to injury as older players do not recover as quick from the ordinary and predictable every-game hits that occur on sundays. is not lack of will. is not lack of knowledge, but physically he is not what he was, and that is why his stats for the year were terrible.  is not that his qb stats were a bit off.  manning were one of the least effective qbs in the league this year. heck, manning qb rating for year were 67.9... which were his worst ever, including his 3-13 rookie campaign in which he threw 28 interceptions.

manning had a number of good games this year.  we got no doubt that if the planets align, manning can still squeeze out a game in which he plays not bad.  unfortunately, predicting the old and injured manning's good games is like predicting a lightning strike.   lightning hit v. detroit... and green bay.  heck, with the way the denver defense has played, manning hasn't needed to play anything other than competent, and even that has been too much to ask much o' the year.

if the broncos win this year, it will because the defense were fantastic and because manning managed to play relative mistake free.  manning will deserve to hoist another lombardi if the broncos win.  that being said, is more than a few games that the broncos won this year in spite of manning's qb performances.  the super bowl is unlikely to be one such game. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"manning were one of the least effective qbs in the league this year."

9-2 record. Seems to me he was very effective.

The biggest anti Manning stance in his career is he doesn't 'win' in the playoffs. He is now 2-0 this season with no turnovers. If Denever loses it is because they lost to a better team. Plus, denver's D is really good but it is nowhere enar inpentratable. PITT had 400+ yards versus them and the Pats had plenty of oppurtunties to score enough points to win. Hell, starting when the score was 20-12 they could have scored 3 more Fgs to win 21-20. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"manning were one of the least effective qbs in the league this year."

9-2 record. Seems to me he was very effective.

The biggest anti Manning stance in his career is he doesn't 'win' in the playoffs. He is now 2-0 this season with no turnovers. If Denever loses it is because they lost to a better team. Plus, denver's D is really good but it is nowhere enar inpentratable. PITT had 400+ yards versus them and the Pats had plenty of oppurtunties to score enough points to win. Hell, starting when the score was 20-12 they could have scored 3 more Fgs to win 21-20. LMAO

the team's win record hardly establishes manning effectiveness.  the cardinals won 11 games last year in spite of having the second worst rushing attack in football. andre ellington were 9-2 in those full games he played... for the year he had 3tds, 2 fumbles, and he averaged 3.3 yds per carry. he were in danger o' being benched near every week til he got injured. manning had the 5th or 6th worst qbr in football.  denver were effective frequent in spite of manning because defense were that good. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hooray, one more year in San Diego.

The NFL has tripled the equity assistance to $300m for a local stadium, but if it doesn't happen this year ... as it may not due to a public vote ... Rams and Chargers will share LA in 2017.

Time to come down off the ledge, for now. Could use a beer. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Johnny Football seemingly has the Lawrence Phillips trajectory.

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/johnny-manziel-threatened-ex-girlfriend/32613842

This guy is seriously more mental than I originally thought.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Assuming her story is true, I cant understand why the police didn't charge him. I don't know if the law is the same for TX, but I believe most states allow the police to make an arrest even if the victim declines. They could also corroborate the story by talking to the valet. And I'm pretty sure breaking some ones phone will get you a charge too. Weird.

Assuming her story is true, I cant understand why the police didn't charge him. I don't know if the law is the same for TX, but I believe most states allow the police to make an arrest even if the victim declines. They could also corroborate the story by talking to the valet. And I'm pretty sure breaking some ones phone will get you a charge too. Weird.

A judge slapped him with a two-year restraining order and ordered him to pay 12,000$ for his ex-girlfriends legal fees.  The Dallas police are now conducting an investigation as the victim apparently waited before filing charges. 

Bet Jerry Jones is thanking his staff for talking him down from drafting that nutjob. 

Wow.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The vast majority of the commercials were pretty cringe-worthy.

(e): Oh, and the half-time show, too. And...the post-game stuff, with the crying Panther player and the "are you retiring Peyton!?" and the terrible victory speech from the...um...woman that was the wife of the Broncos' owner, who looked like she'd had plastic surgery ten too many times and sounded drunk, high, or just not mentally all there. Yeah, pretty much anything that wasn't actual football.

(e): Oh, and the absolutely atrocious pre-game stuff. CBS sucks.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I hope Curry's psyche can handle this loss. Can't have him jacking shots with reckless abandon without making them.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The game itself was actually decent, but everything around it?

Being me, I'd think that the half time show should be bigger than life. Coldplay aren't really a super star pop act... they're to indie to really make the entire show very special.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Some good stats, though. Manning's 200th overall win, most all-time. SB records for longest punt return, number of sacks, number of consecutive threes-and-out, I think. First sack fumble touchdown since SB 28. Lowest points scored by Carolina all season. Most egregiously unnecessary face-mask tackle all-time by the eye-gougingest defensive back ever. 

Wasn't boring but wasn't the golden game touted all year. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I actually thought it was a pretty decent game...

(edit) what the hell hotkey did I just press to make this post by itself? That was weird...

Edited by Bartimaeus