What you did today

Tale

Rose. Rabbit. Lie. was the most amazing restaurant I have ever been too. Unique plates, amazing drinks, hidden rooms, and huge fur covered chairs.

when we think o' fur-covered chairs/seats, we immediate conjure up images o' the willie dynamite pimpmobile.

6347207051_dae4fd3da7_z.jpg

gonna needs watch us some willie dynamite when we get home.

HA! Good Fun!

ps that is indeed Gordon from sesame street playing the eponymous willie d. 

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Irritated by Lenovo's behaviour, got my sister one of their laptops last year. So am going to check hers out to see if has the Superfish malware on it. Lenovo's response to this is golden by the way - "The relationship with Superfish is not financially significant," the statement says. "Our goal was to enhance the experience for users. We recognize that the software did not meet that goal and have acted quickly and decisively."

Hm, surprised not hearing alarmist posts about Chinese intelligence being behind this all.

Other than that a pretty ho-hum day.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Turn on cable, turn to one of their all-music stations. Oh look, one for the '80s, cool.

..it's playing Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation from 1989, then some funky Paula Abdula song.

...nope, not my 80's. Back to my ultimate Police CD box collection.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Took a nap, woke up multiple times because I growl while sleeping. Yes, the past couple of weeks I've started to growl in my sleep which makes me wake up several times per night. I don#t think its snoring because the sleeping position does not seem to matter and I wake up fresh and energetic. I really sound like a growling dog and I wake up because its so loud, heck, I can even hear it in my dreams. A couple of nights ago a friend of mine woke me up because he thought he heard an animal LOL. 

Its still annoying, especially since it starts right when I'm falling asleep. Plus my teeth hurt because I'm, grinding them.

So..is Lycanthropy treatable?

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Is it wrong that I want to make a Pillars of Eternity all-Supernatural chr. portrait party?

Dean = Fighter

Sam = Chanter

Castiel = Priest

Charlie = Rogue

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nothing is wrong about that. My rangers in Wasteland 2 are all football managers. I even wrote some bios for them.

I can see a couple - Wenger as the one guy insisting on using lower cost gear that breaks all the time, Mourinho as the insufferable ass who blames everyone else.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had a good laugh overhearing the waiter at lunch talking another patron and mentioning that in 1984, if one was snowed in their homes, they would be screwed without the technology of today. Waiter didn't look like he was of significant age back in 1984 either, heh.

I guess a time before the Internet being widespread is hard to imagine.

Edited by Malcador

Day off today. Guess I go clean out my spare room. Its become my junk room over the past few years.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Nothing is wrong about that. My rangers in Wasteland 2 are all football managers. I even wrote some bios for them.

I can see a couple - Wenger as the one guy insisting on using lower cost gear that breaks all the time, Mourinho as the insufferable ass who blames everyone else.

Those two plus van Gaal and Rodgers. They are stirring **** up in the Wastelands.

Housecleaning day, which means I spent most of the afternoon scrubbing the bathroom. They need to hurry up and invent the self-cleaning shower/tub.

Will now use that clean bathroom to shower before I go run out and paint the town for a couple hours. Or at least the dance floor. Then later, maybe a movie. "Nightcrawler" perhaps...I like Jake Gyhilalalhal-howeveryouspellit.

Housecleaning day, which means I spent most of the afternoon scrubbing the bathroom. They need to hurry up and invent the self-cleaning shower/tub.

Will now use that clean bathroom to shower before I go run out and paint the town for a couple hours. Or at least the dance floor. Then later, maybe a movie. "Nightcrawler" perhaps...I like Jake Gyhilalalhal-howeveryouspellit.

In motor sport they use several layers of transparent peel-off foil on the front wind shield. When the car comes into the pit the crew does not waste any time cleaning the windshield, they simply peel off one layer of that foil and its perfectly clean again. I think they have ten layers on the glass! Thats what I want on all the surfaces in my house.  :w00t:

• Like 1

Had a good laugh overhearing the waiter at lunch talking another patron and mentioning that in 1984, if one was snowed in their homes, they would be screwed without the technology of today. Waiter didn't look like he was of significant age back in 1984 either, heh.

I guess a time before the Internet being widespread is hard to imagine.

Screwed, no, it was time to build snow forts, lob snow balls, destroy snow men. Also, Jedi came out the year before, so after drying off and warming up, it was time to turn the bean bag into a Death Star. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Ordered some 24 Heures du Mans fan merchandise from the official shop in France. The 24 hour sports car race in Le Mans is like the super bowl in motor sports which I can only enjoy when I'm wearing the newest official 24 hour T-Shirt while drinking beer out of a Le Mans mug. Oh, I still need to get some tricoleur flags - Viva la France!!  :w00t:

One can never be too prepared for the greatest event in the year!

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

So Vegas was amazing and our last night was an epic culmination of events.  I was a bit worse for the wear heading to the airport, and then I ate a sandwich that just murdered my stomach.  I threw up on the plane, on the ride home, and off and on all last night.  I'm finally starting to recover.  Ugh.  I still have diarrhea.   :x

I'll post more ruminations when I feel better.

Well... I got a text from a co-worker who apparently has been nursing a crush on me for quite a while now. Not sure how to pursue this.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well... I got a text from a co-worker who apparently has been nursing a crush on me for quite a while now. Not sure how to pursue this.

If you're not interested, hand them a firm rejection.

It's a her, and I'm thinking I'm going to try out this whole relationship schtick.

Tsk, you poor bastard.

Those two plus van Gaal and Rodgers. They are stirring **** up in the Wastelands.

I imagine van Gaal is insisting that even though the team is just barely scraping through fights his tactics are sound, and that he just needs more time (and lots, lots more bandages) until they actually start to pay off...

• Like 1

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.