Quick Suggestion from live stream

Unfortunately, the characters still often looked washed out and blurry against quite a number of backdrops in this live stream, so that needs urgent fixing IMHO for clarity during combat and general beauty of our beloved PoE.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Unfortunately, the characters still often looked washed out and blurry against quite a number of backdrops in this live stream, so that needs urgent fixing IMHO for clarity during combat and general beauty of our beloved PoE.

You have to allow for the effect of:

a) Probably lower resolution than what you will be playing at

b) Lossy video compression, which halves the chroma resolution (causing blocky colours), and can severely reduce sharpness. Also, subtle edges like leather armor brown on ground dirt brown are tricky because the encoder wants to just replace them both with generic brown to save bits. The encoder would rather spend its bit budget on obvious sharp edges like black on white, UI borders and text, etc., since its algorithm considers them as having greater psychovisual impact.

It also won't help that the video is probably being encoded at least twice, once on Obsidian's end before upload, and again by twitch to send to you. Double the badness, and small, subtle details will be the first thing to be lost.

Not saying that you're wrong. Just saying that this particular thing will look much worse over a stream.

Edited by BrainMuncher
  • Like 1

Beat the OP by 4 hours...

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/69644-bb-v364-playthrough/?p=1557989

Got 0 likes compared to the 5 he got... ;(

EDIT: *and* a dev response... ;( ;(

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Same suggestion...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

How is it optional? If it's there, and I click it (not knowing what it will say), and I read it -- it's not really optional?

Optional would be to be able to turn off the interaction in an option or something similar to the Wild Wasteland trait in New Vegas.

I think you will live.  Seriously it isn't a big deal, your immersion can take it.

I find it quite annoying. If the messages were lore based it would be interesting. However, an option to turn these off in the actual game options would be nice. Not sure if thats what the developer meant earlier in the thread?

I haven't finished watching the whole stream yet, but what I've watched gets me really excited (maybe in a naughty way?). 

It's nice to see Josh isn't that much better than I am at the game, so mayhaps I'll make my first playthrough be on Normal difficulty. I'm beginning to think that my low levels of enthusiasm previously were due in large part to playing through the beta for the gazillionth time.

I like the way the stronghold looks. I'm thinking I'll be spending plenty of time there! From my beta experiences and watching this stream, I think they've really nailed the IE-feel (for me, anyway. I know there are those of you that vehemently disagree).

HI Guys. Can someone post the twitch stream on youtube.

The reason is our internet sucks and I can't even load the video... twitch doesn't have any resolution settings to view it unlike youtube.

Here you go:

• Like 7

UFWDJRj.jpg

The writing is clearly miles and miles better in P:E, the quests have more alternative solutions, the dialogs are much more reactive to stats, class, origin, skills, disposition, and reputation, the content density is better, most classes are more versatile and interesting, and despite some niggles e.g. about the complete removal of spell counters I like the combat better as well.

(Fact is, I'm not enjoying BG2 all that much.)

Edited by PrimeJunta

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

It's almost as if there are many years between the games.

For heavens sake: some games don't grab me, and I don't feel the need to go on and on in a fan forum dedicated to related games about how inferior those games are.

Unfair statement when a lot of other members of the forum are doing their utmost best to influence the developers to make PoE more like BG2 ;).

• Like 1

I would like an AoE loot option (like a 10 yard circle or whatever.) I don't see how having to loot 8 separate corpses after a fight adds anything to the game. I didn't actually mind the stash noise though, just a little loud, but they are still working on sound.

The stream has me way more excited for the game than I thought I'd be. My only real complaints now are how average and sometimes just bad most of the sound design is. The rest of the game impressed me in general. I think my favorite part watching (aside from those awesome backgrounds) was the whole being knocked out during fights, rather than just instantly dying. I think this will cut down the amount of quickloading and make the game flow a lot nicer than these iso RPG's typically do.

Edited by Bli1942

My quick suggestion from the live stream is that Josh needs a haircut. He's looking a tad shaggy.

I.. I hate to say this, and I should be the last to speak since I currently look like Jesus if he was homeless and fat, and Josh Sawyer, I have no idea, he could be the sweetest and most fun guy in the world, but I need to get this off my chest. Every time I see Sawyer, I cannot help but to think that he looks like a hipster douche. If you're actually reading this (which is highly doubtful), Sawyer, I apologize, but damn I can't get over it and I just need to say it before I explode.

t50aJUd.jpg

So before I click that and waste an hour of my life... how spoilerif is it? Since I hear some conflicting issues about it.

Note this is coming from the person who knows basically nothing about GTA V's story waiting for it's PC release to get in without any pre-knowledge...

^