Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

My fellow misoglords, we have hit our goal to further spread patriarchy by donating to a charity focused on giving toys to needy kids thanks to the donation of $2600 by one man. These funds could have gone to the patreon accounts of truly deserving upper class women to do....something. Instead we have furthed our goal of enforcing casual misogyny by not visiting sites who feature reporters who are awfully close to a certain crowd of indie devs through weaponized charity.

I encourage all of you to donate $10 of you can to this initiative instead of giving your hard earned money to an upper class bloke so they can "work" without having to bother with seeking employment.

https://www.crowdrise.com/GamerGateToysforTots

Joyous news.  This weaponized charity plot was a masterstroke of the patriarchy think tank.  To think, by donating money to help needy children get toys for the holidays, we are one step closer to ridding gaming of teh wimminz and those pesky ethnic types, except for the sock puppets and house n*****s, they're cool.  Glory to the patriarchy!

#NeckbeardStrong 

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Let's view this symbolically, shall we?

Feminism is the true winner of that poll. That feminism won and is the most hated word of 2014 is the truth.

For feminists to rally and get the word removed via complaints is to say that feminism is more important than the truth.

Do those of you that support feminism agree that feminism is more important than truth?

Let me remind you, there is no "truth" to these people. Only Power, which we have seen been in the working here.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I disagree with Bruce about the feminism thing, but he is right that the poll where EA is the worst company in America is ridiculous.  All it really shows is that gamers have a large presence on the internet, and are too self absorbed to see that banks offering sub-prime loans and companies with near monopolies on utilities are much worse than the company that makes their little video games.

• Like 4

I disagree with Bruce about the feminism thing, but he is right that the poll where EA is the worst company in America is ridiculous.  All it really shows is that gamers have a large presence on the internet, and are too self absorbed to see that banks offering sub-prime loans and companies with near monopolies on utilities are much worse than the company that makes their little video games.

...or the perks working at a bank greatly outweighs working at EA. What insurance do they offer, pension plans, bonuses and maternity leave? Who knows, maybe EA simply really sucks on that department?

//edit: or put it another way. Maybe banks have a really dumb customer base, i mean who wants to be in debt for institionalized money laundring organisations? All while gaming companies have to focus on a highly educated and smart demographic, and therefore being much more picky?

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Video games is a big business that employs millions of people worldwide.  That said, I wouldn't put EA anywhere near on the same level of evil as Walmart or Bank of America.  Then, depending on how you feel about GMOs, there's Monsanto, but that's another topic in of itself and I'm not looking to start a GMO debate here.  :p

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Not neccesarily, I view that as a reflection of EA's horrendous intent.

Great example, EA vs. bp (yknow, the guys responsible for the oil spill). How is EA possibly worse than them? How are cigarette companies not as bad as EA? Intent. BP was negligent and far from professional, but did they intend to pollute the Gulf? Absolutely not, it was risk vs. reward and someone got a little too careless and things spilled out. Cigarette companies, there was a time when this would hold more weight, but to my knowledge they're forbidden from marketing in various ways and must alert their customers of the health risk. Sure, their jobs are of questionable importance in the grand scope of things, but so are the people who make alcohol or chocolate. At this point, they as companies are simply serving those that fell for the malicious ads released by the generation before them.

So how is EA worse? Do you think EA intends to gut their customer and milk them for every cent? Abso-****ing-lutely. EA has full intent to screw you over. If you doubt this, ask yourself why they, for example, were insistent on DRM (until it proved unprofitable) or why Sims 4 provided no press release copies before release. Ask why they have day 1 DLC in their games.

While EA's impact on the world is by no means as devistating as the other two, their intent is the most disgusting (again, when comparing to today's tobacco industry and not the one from 40+ years ago). EA blatantly tries to gut their customer for all their worth and shows no shame in doing so, and, in the process, manages to ruin several franchises and companies people enjoyed and ensure they'll never be seen or heard from again.

Video games is a big business that employs millions of people worldwide.  That said, I wouldn't put EA anywhere near on the same level of evil as Walmart or Bank of America.

These would be some good competitors if we measured "worst" by the company with the most ill-intent.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Going off to other countries and telling people there how to conduct their business is pretty much the definition of white saviorism, yes.

What does the "white" in white saviorism refer to?

How many people exhibiting the behavior in question do you know of from countries where the majority of power is held by people of color? 

gaming companies have to focus on a highly educated and smart demographic

:lol:

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Well, it is a poll that doesn't matter. I don't think BoA or EA will be too concerned with public opinion until something like their executives being hanged in the street, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Going off to other countries and telling people there how to conduct their business is pretty much the definition of white saviorism, yes.

What does the "white" in white saviorism refer to?

How many people exhibiting the behavior in question do you know of from countries where the majority of power is held by people of color? 

I don't know any people from other countries. So... None.

If you're asking how many nations that are interventionist and are held by PoC... Off the top of my head; 1. I'm sure there are others though.

If you're asking about PoC whom support such behaviour... A lot. Where I live most people are black, and many were/are supportive of America's interventionist ways. I'm white myself, and I'm the most anti-interventionist person I've ever known of.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

The idea of the poll itself is ridiculous. It says about as much about EA's status as "worst company" as the countless polls showing Ron Paul as president of the internet translate into real life.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Translation: **** your facts.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"No its probably the right thing to do because it may create the wrong impression that feminism is a bad thing"

It is a BAD thing. It's a ghetful, nazish, anti male AND anti female. It's racist, it's evil. It's disgusting.

\

\And, btw, NEWSFLASH: 77% of women in a poll that was linked in this trhead soemwhere agree that feminism is BAD.

Pretending otherwise shows how delusional feminists like you are.

\Feminism isn't about equality. I don't think it's even about empowering women really. It's about power, control, and nazism.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

http://youtu.be/Mc0Dr9XNKpc

Jack Thompson is back and he is more reasonable than Anita Sarkeesian. I think I need to consume much booze.

This is truly the twilight zone. The guy comes off as just someone you would just disagree with at this point.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I still don't like that documentary idea or at least the name. If you're going to do one make it an objective research documentary into these issues without obsessing over one person.

Well, what did you expect from a dude who thinks Titus Andronicus is "a shakespearean comedy (!) about a man who goes from being Republican to being redpill"?

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I don't know much about either of them.

That Aurini guy is the most disgusting ****heel I ever listened to on youtube ("we should be absolutely furious with the n***ers... not the blacks, but the f***ing n***ers"; "whites have been working for the past several hundred years to eliminate slavery throughout the globe - and even when we bought the black slaves, we treated them extremely well"; "women in our culture have become the most decadent sluts since the fall of Rome" etc. etc.). The other guy I'm also unfamiliar with.

LoL Thompson.

I still don't like that documentary idea or at least the name. If you're going to do one make it an objective research documentary into these issues without obsessing over one person.

Honestly, it looks like redpillers in it just to take cracks at a common target. I don't support either of them(have no idea who the **** they are TBH) but it was startling to see Jack Thompson being reasonable.

Twilight Zone indeed.

Even broken clock is right twice a day. Furthermore I think this shows one of the major differences between GamerGate and those who are against it. We talk about ideas and it is irrelevant where the idea comes from. Opposition talks about people and does so in a very binary fashion, if the person is against them then nothing he or she say has no value.  

• Like 2

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

That Aurini guy is the most disgusting ****heel I ever listened to on youtube ("we should be absolutely furious with the n***ers... not the blacks, but the f***ing n***ers"; "whites have been working for the past several hundred years to eliminate slavery throughout the globe - and even when we bought the black slaves, we treated them extremely well"; "women in our culture have become the most decadent sluts since the fall of Rome" etc. etc.). The other guy I'm also unfamiliar with.

Is that taking the "red pill"? I am quite unfamiliar what exactly those kind of people are, except for the Matrix-reference. Anyhoo, even Hitler agreed that people need to relax from work during the holidays and that cancer research needs more funding than before. Does that invalidate the opinion itself? not really. We are all human being in the end after all. Look deeply enough and you will find some common humanity in each and every one of us. For example i also think that me and Anita can both agree that Christmas is the best holiday of the year.

*shrugs*

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

He sounds like someone who should align himself with GG, his perspective will fit in very well there ;)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela