What you did today

Rosbjerg

I know that some people appreciate employees asking if "you need help", but for those of us who do not (if I need help I'll ask), I don't suppose a giant "No Thank You" sticker on my forehead would work to prevent them from asking me that same bloody question every 5 minutes? No? .... thought not.

*grumpy old woman*

...at least I brought a chocolate mousse pie home. With whip creme. It's Friday, gotta live a little sometimes.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Talking about Dark Heresy games while waiting for an elevator with strangers in earshot is perhaps not the best idea. Though I guess telling a tale of us torturing some elderly couple and then shooting their mutant baby with a shotgun was not the best idea (we were talking about cases when you make the DM give a "WTF" expression)

What are you talking about? It is the best part of playing PnPs! :D

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Talking about Dark Heresy games while waiting for an elevator with strangers in earshot is perhaps not the best idea. Though I guess telling a tale of us torturing some elderly couple and then shooting their mutant baby with a shotgun was not the best idea (we were talking about cases when you make the DM give a "WTF" expression)

I hope you have positive ID on those strangers. It sounds like they may also be mutant sympathisers.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I took my laptop apart to clean out all the fans and the heatsink. I am not applying new thermal paste, that is a bit above my paygrade, bit hopefully getting all the dirt and dust out will suffice. Now I just have to hope I put it back together correctly.

• Like 1

Definitely on the mend today. I can breathe in fine, I only cough on the way out.

Actually *checks* as long as I breathe through my nose I'm fine either way.

Damaged my soft palette I think. How interesting.

Anyway, late autumn here. Bought a bottle of good red wine earlier and am listening to Bob Dylan and remembering pretty girls.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 2

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You know, I've been on this forum for 10 years, and I've never really taken an extended leave. But I'm starting to think that either it has become a different place, or I've just become crankier about the discussions.  It may be time to move on.  

You know, I've been on this forum for 10 years, and I've never really taken an extended leave. But I'm starting to think that either it has become a different place, or I've just become crankier about the discussions.  It may be time to move on.  

:( I hope not, but then again I did have a sabbatical of almost 1,5 years as well at one point.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I hope not too but I understand the feeling. Altho, for me it's the entire internet in general. I think for me, maybe I don't like being serious anymore. I just want to be light hearted and goofy. Not that I haven't always been goofy. laughing.gif

Sidenote: figured out how to disable the laptop touchpad. Much better.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"U shower first. Then hugs."

fuzzycat001.jpg

Shower? Whadda ya mean? I don't need no shower. It's Sat.

goofy001.jpg

• Like 1

One of the unique things about this forum is that it's had a fairly consistent core membership that have been hanging around for a really long time. That really is not the case in any other forum I participate in.

Although more and more folks do seem to be disappearing into the cyberspace ether. BTW, welcome back Lady Crimson it's about time you came home.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah. Let's start our own forum. With blackjack, and hookers.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

Count me in

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You know you're getting old when you keep thinking the camera is out of focus and fiddle with settings, then suddenly remember you aren't wearing your reading glasses. sad.png

Also: cat foot warmer. He walks up as soon as I sit, plops right onto my foot/feet and lies there until I move again. Hubs thinks it's hilarious.

blackcat-005.jpg

• Like 1

You know you're getting old when you keep thinking the camera is out of focus and fiddle with settings, then suddenly remember you aren't wearing your reading glasses. sad.png

Also: cat foot warmer. He walks up as soon as I sit, plops right onto my foot/feet and lies there until I move again. Hubs thinks it's hilarious.

blackcat-005.jpg

That's really cute :cat:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Okay, but if they're Japanese robot hookers, I'm coming back here. 

I vote Ashanti robot hookers.

-Elwood Blues

Count me in

It's basically become a place where the active threads are about bashing Americans, the police, women, or video games.  We had all that in the past, but it was a lot more balanced with reason and civility.  I'm tapering off for now, I think I'll wait and see if the storm passes after PoE releases.

• Like 4

Oh no, not bashing police!

Doubt it'll quiet down after PoE comes and goes, most of the chaff so to speak already did that when the campaign ended. Most are probably sticking to the PE specific forums - heck it might even get worse when they wander out of there.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The past few years:
Hubby: "All these ppl streaming videos and stuff, clogging the works. The internet is for information! etc. /rant"

Me: "Yes dear I understand."

Last month:
Me: "Supernatural on Netflix, wanna watch?"

Recently:
Hubby: "Cable sucks. Anything else on Netflix?"
Me: "I'll make you your own profile so you can browse/add to a list."

Currently:
Me: "Whatcha doing?"
Hubby: "Watching some Netflix." (his to-watch list has grown a lot)
Me: "Still hate all us 'net streaming folk?"
Hubby: ... silence .... "it's convenient."

Me: "Ha."

• Like 3

That's an interesting observation, its always good to take a break to get a different perspective. But IMO what is interesting is the change that GG has brought to several discussions.

People on these forums that typically wouldn't be as vociferous in there view on numerous topics  are now very active in that thread and that now permeates to other discussions. So for example  you are almost constantly reminded how " corrupt and flawed the gaming industry is " and " how there is this real conspiracy on the gaming industry ", of course neither of these points are true but people really have convinced themselves its real.

For me its much of the same, the same people that are generally dismissive of SJ issues are still dismissive. They just have a more accepted  platform to be more vocal about it, but you can still get interesting perspectives about other topics if you ask questions. So the debate for me is still stimulating

But my advice is try not to spend too much time on the GG  thread, that way you won't become as concerned about the state of debate on the forums :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's basically become a place where the active threads are about bashing Americans, the police, women,

Who's bashing women?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

It's basically become a place where the active threads are about bashing Americans, the police, women,

Who's bashing women?

There is a fairly  constant and veiled view from some people on the GG thread that is sexist and people being utterly dismissive of any issue around gender equality. This then carries across sometimes to other discussions

As I said for someone like me that has always been involved in these types of SJ issues this has always been here but its more vocal now but in an indirect way

For the record you aren't one those people, I find your comments both reasonable and rationale even if you and I don't always agree :)

John Milton 

Who's bashing women?

You'll admit there's some fairly ...furtive... attitudes on here.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to post pictures of scantily clad young ladies in KaineParker's thread.

• Like 6

-Elwood Blues