What you did today

Rosbjerg

I've had some really exciting news. Next year in January I have been invited to a technical conference in London around the software I support. And my work said its fine I go because we have to pay for the flights and accommodation. So I'll be taking 3 days leave after the conference  and staying in our family flat in London. So I'm off to London again next year :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bribery and Corruption.

I've learned that letting my friends kids have access to games on my steam earns me brownie points and keeps them quiet... :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Got called into a teleconference at 4:30 this afternoon.  I normally pick the rugrat up from daycare at around 4:15, but this was a time-sensitive matter, my boss was unable to attend, and the daycare stays open until 6, so I ended up working an extra hour+ (which put me us in much worse traffic for the ride home). 

Anyhow, it turns out that [details redacted for incredibly slim potential for personal identifiability]

Oh, and they need this by close-of-business tomorrow, my immediate supervisor will be out until next Wednesday, and none of the folks above him are yet aware of just how dangerous this could be to our organization. 

Gonna be a fun day!  I'm working on developing a solid hangover in anticipation, just to ensure that I'm at my best. 

Edited by Enoch

Packing up the last things to move into my new apartment, gonna move on sunday but tomorrow I'll be at a friends' place celebrating her birthday with a horror movie marathon. Then I'm going to be internet-less until next thursday! Boo!

Oh no we are going to miss you ;(

Well make sure you get back to the forums ASAP  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yes! One mod less to worry about!

:lol: 

John Milton 

Took out both my TVs to the backyard and shot them in the neck.

Two new Sony Bravias in da house, the 50" one has been set up. Going to deal with the 60" one later. One for upstairs and one for downstairs.

No new computer until next winter it is, then.

You picked a *tv* over a computer?

What is wrong with people???

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Lisbon is a decent place. I love how the pedestrian pathways have been tiled.

Today's plans are to sit in this ****ty conference a few more hours, then go find Pidesco's house armed with a giant horse head.

Took out the serious winter coat today, kind of overkill for the weather usually but was a godsend last winter. At least there's sun out, I might just leave the office and go stand in it for a couple of minutes.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Took out both my TVs to the backyard and shot them in the neck.

Two new Sony Bravias in da house, the 50" one has been set up. Going to deal with the 60" one later. One for upstairs and one for downstairs.

No new computer until next winter it is, then.

You picked a *tv* over a computer?

What is wrong with people???

People's computer works. Both of their TVs barely did.

Completely redid my fireplace. Took out the ceramic logs and log holder thing, swept out all the lava rock and silica sand, replaced the gas feed to the burner and then put it back together. But instead of replacing the logs and holder we went with 1/4" fireplace glass rocks (copper and bronze color) and I installed a mirror finish stainless steel reflector on the back and sides. It came out awesome and the reflector really throws a lot of heat back into the room. Now I just need a new bear skin rug for in front. /giggity

• Like 2

Whats the point of a fireplace that can't be used as a fireplace. I mean aside from the fact that you don't need a chimey, why not just put in another radiator.

Its a real fireplace, it just burns natural gas instead of wood. That's why the original logs were ceramic, to last forever. Wood burning fireplaces are for chumps. Waaaaaay too much work.

Last day of work before a two week vacation. Not doing anything next week but the week after I'm going to head back to good ole southern AZ for some real life Wasteland action.

We have an electric (boogie woogie woogie) fireplace and we love it. It has a heating element that we never use but it does all sorts of neat flames and can even make a crackling fire sound

EDIT: Also trying to plan a trip to see the wife's side of the family around New Years but they are spread out over the Baltic states and Ukraine and Russia. Problem is we don't have much time to get visas and her family in Russia doesn't want to come into the EU because I guess they are having a really ****ty exchange rate at the moment. And nobody wants to go to Ukraine.

This trip may have to wait until next year

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Have fun Shady.

Also, is this the first time you have ever changed your avatar? You're dead to me now. :p

I'm pretty sure I've changed it before even though I don't remember it as ever being anything else. But considering I took that picture like 4 years ago at a chalk art festival and I've been hanging out around here for... holy crap... 9 years!

Where was I? Ahh yes, I'm pretty sure I've changed it about 4 or 5 times now

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Completely redid my fireplace. Took out the ceramic logs and log holder thing, swept out all the lava rock and silica sand, replaced the gas feed to the burner and then put it back together. But instead of replacing the logs and holder we went with 1/4" fireplace glass rocks (copper and bronze color) and I installed a mirror finish stainless steel reflector on the back and sides. It came out awesome and the reflector really throws a lot of heat back into the room. Now I just need a new bear skin rug for in front. /giggity

When you say you " redid your fireplace " did you do this work yourself or did you pay someone to actually do it for you ?

John Milton 

When you say you " redid your fireplace " did you do this work yourself or did you pay someone to actually do it for you ?

The description of work is by someone who did it himself, surely. It's oozing with manly self-industrious pride. 8)   

• Like 4

All Stop. On Screen.

The description of work is by someone who did it himself, surely. It's oozing with manly self-industrious pride. 8)   

Okay you probably right, the reason I asked is I'm really not good at DIY so I'm an admirer of people who have the skill to do this type of work themselves

John Milton