Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

I expect a forum verdict with user reviews by this sunday.

Thank you.

"Best game ever. The romances were so well done I even kissed my monitor ?" -BruceVC

"Too much romance and not enough fighting in tunnels" - Monte Carlo

"Better than Twitcher3" - Hoon Ding

:lol:

Talking about Monte where has he been?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

*Presses 'play" on DA:I, barges in blindly and head-first, playing it recklessly with all release-game-bugs included and loving it*

(I did so with Skyrim and D3, and it was so horrible, it actually became funny in a weird, almost evil way)*

Heck yeah, I was taking arrows in the knee right after midnight. Next week I'll be riding a zombie unicorn into the sunset romancing the pants off Orlesian tarts. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Thank you.

"Best game ever. The romances were so well done I even kissed my monitor ?" -BruceVC

Probably in a fallout shelter, expecting western civilization to collapse with the release of DAI...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Thank you.

Probably in a fallout shelter, expecting western civilization to collapse with the release of DAI...

Funny enough Monte has said he is impressed so far  with DA:I and has given Bioware recognition around the fact they do seem to be wanting to address the grievances in previous games

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

John Milton 

Thank you.

... "kissed my mother's brother" would be more appropriate, it is Bioware after all

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Some info on levels and level cap and skill points to plan for: from Reddit:

"You can finish the game at about lvl 20 from what I've seen but the soft cap for actually doing most of everything is at around 25-30 (according to the devs) - but really you should plan your build for around 24 points.

You start with two skills unlocked (2 points), you can unlock at least one point with inquisition upgrades (1 point), add 20+ levels (20+), human gets an extra point (possible +1) = ~24 Skill points (25 for human). You will get more than that if you level up all the way to 30 obviously upto ~34 skill points.

This assumes no 'skill books' or missions that unlock a skill point. So possibly even more."

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Um that's exactly the sort of conformism driving everything BW does.

But, at least they know their customers.

Thank you.

... "kissed my mother's brother" would be more appropriate, it is Bioware after all

Naw, the most accurate would be "kissed anything that couldn't get out of the way fast enough". Biowarians aren't very picky.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Something fishy is going on here, the critic reviews are in the 80-90 segment. Even the utterly compromised IGN gave the game "only" 88. And yet, none of them point out anything significant to drag the game down, barring some crashing and texture issues.

Something fishy is going on here, the critic reviews are in the 80-90 segment. Even the utterly compromised IGN gave the game "only" 88. And yet, none of them point out anything significant to drag the game down, barring some crashing and texture issues.

Maybe is one of those esoteric things like writing,gameplay or design that critics regard with mysticism. 

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I've read plenty. Reviews saying the story isn't terribly good and the combat's not that great either. Largely it sounds like it has good characters though, just not overall as good as DAO.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The subjective opinion is the important bit. I care more about the story being good than it having a few bugs.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I use reviews more as an high level overview of a games potential, but if all gaming websites I follow give a particular game an 8/10 or so score then that generally increases the odds of the game being very good

But I place more credence in user reviews

John Milton 

Hearing that the story isn't terribly good from the people who gave Skyrim 90+ and called it one of the best games of all time (lololololo) gives me an ulcer. And what of Mass Effect's basic plot and terrible twists? 

I'm not defending Bioware, but if they're going to slam them for unoriginal storytelling I wonder what BW games they've been playing for the past decade. 

Maybe the Bioware shiny is wearing off for the critics after all these years and the Inquisiton is just the game where they start to "notice" it. 

Makes me want to try it just to see what the real deal is

• Like 2

Yeah. The story in Skyrim was forgettable and the entire main plot meaningless. 90% of the game was the explorative feel, and to go and do stuff your way. I certainly stretched those limits to the max. Unfortunately, the game was for too rigid for my liking. You couldn't even kill important NPCs, unless specified as a quest. Pfft!

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I played approx 20 hours of Skyrim, which is about my limit before I notice that the Elder Scroll's emperor has no pants and move off to something else.

At its best it can be wonderfully atmospheric, at its worst, its a norse theme park slog where all you do is watch your avatar's ass as he/she runs from one landmark to another.

• Like 1