Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

Last Court is playable on the Keep now.

It has microtransactions...
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Do you guys think the deluxe edition is worth it? Also, do you believe the deluxe edition will be available after release? Probably going to get it for the PS4 after release to read some reviews and due to getting GTA V due to being a game I can play easier right now. What I mean is I won't have long periods to time to play each time I play until after the holidays and GTA you can get in and get out without worrying too much about story. Lol

The best thing about the deluxe edition will probably be the soundtrack, not because the in-game stuff will be bad but because the soundtrack, and the artbook thing, will be the only perk that isn't replaceable with regular content. I mean it's safe to say that there will be a bunch of mounts, craftable weapon enhancements, armour and thrones to choose from without paying for the upgrade. So if you can live without a handful of extras in each category then yeah, probably best to skip the deluxe edition. I mean in the past the dlc weapons and armour have made the games  easier than they ought to be so you may even be better off without. It doesn't sound like there's anything like Shale or Warden's Keep included.

I think in this day and age btw it's fairly common for pre-order dlc to be sold separately later on. No telling how long you'd have to wait but I'd bet if you changed your mind you could get it by Xmas.

Edited by Serrano

Honestly, I don't understand why this is such a big turn off for people. Yes, it's a ****ty practice, but you don't need to spend any money at all to play. I get not liking it, but not playing the game at all because of it? 

Honestly, I don't understand why this is such a big turn off for people. Yes, it's a ****ty practice, but you don't need to spend any money at all to play. I get not liking it, but not playing the game at all because of it?

I'm playing it. It just seems like a joke.

Do you guys think the deluxe edition is worth it? Also, do you believe the deluxe edition will be available after release? Probably going to get it for the PS4 after release to read some reviews and due to getting GTA V due to being a game I can play easier right now. What I mean is I won't have long periods to time to play each time I play until after the holidays and GTA you can get in and get out without worrying too much about story. Lol

I stuck to the regular edition.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Inquisition_Deluxe_Edition

A zombie unicorn with a sword through its skull ... now I'm extra chuffed to get this in the mail one week from now. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Tried playing Last Court.

Yay, Morrigan.

Yay choices.

What's this about trading resources

I need what to get a bodyguard? What's that?

Didn't I already do this one?

Again?

What's going on now?

Okay, I'm done with this.

I stuck to the regular edition.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Inquisition_Deluxe_Edition

A zombie unicorn with a sword through its skull ... now I'm extra chuffed to get this in the mail one week from now. 

+ Dragon Skull Throne

+ Armor and the schematics for it

+ Weapon pack

+ MP pack

I'd probably stick with it if it didn't have the limited actions but I'd rather just grind it out and go through the story one time than wait 20 minutes to get 1 action back or pay money for something I'm not crazy about. I'm not interesting in stretching it out.

Free games updated 3/4/21

prodigydancer: That's a fair word of warning. Reviews nowadays don't mean zilch. Only way to find out is to play the games ourselves.

I consider myself a fan of DA:O and I actually rated DA2 9/10 so I doubt I'll hate DA:I unless it's really terrible, unplayable and all that. But I dislike PR hysteria around it. BioWare wants to boost sales, I understand. But to me it's just annoying background noise.

---

Unlike many other people of my age I don't think modern games are necessarily bad. But I find certain elements very irritating: paid DLCs, micro transactions, achievements, obligatory co-op... It's all noise. Too much noise.

Edited by prodigydancer
  • Like 1

Do I get something from playing Last Court? 

Herpes.  :p

The reviews are starting to come in and they seem somewhat encouraging.  The consensus, from the few reviews I've read, is that there is a metric ****ton of content and that the combat is tactical and engaging, but that the story is paint by numbers, vague, and ultimately disappointing.  Some years ago, I would have considered that last part ironic, but I haven't considered BioWare's strong suit to be writing for quite a while, so it's hardly surprising.  Still, what I've read is overall encouraging enough that if by some miracle this game ever gets a Linux release (fat chance) I'll buy it.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Eurogamer give the game an 8 but the review reads like a 6 or 7  huh.png

Not excited by the review. But I'll probably be impossible until I get spoilers.

Edit: Found one. Exciting.

Edit2: Just had it confirmed.

Do I get something from playing Last Court?

A migraine.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Okay, of our Day 1 guys, who considers themselves to be the most bitter and critical?

• Like 1

No gaming site with more than ten readers gives the biggest arrpeegee of the year less than 8.

So far that title goes to South Park.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

No gaming site with more than ten readers gives the biggest arrpeegee of the year less than 8.

Is it not possible that the game could be deserving of 8/10?

Not all reviews are about some inflated score due to some ulterior motive which I still don't understand :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela