Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

My real-life bro just gifted me the PS4 Deluxe Edition. Deliverable release day: free Inquisitoring for the price of nada. What a pal. There is something to be said for sharing the same womb on occasion, although not at the same time. Thank god, too, my vehicle registration is due on the 20th. Now I get to play in Ferelden and drive in the real world concurrently, though not simultaneously. 

• Like 4

All Stop. On Screen.

Well, I'm buying it but I'm going to wait a year or so until all the digital content is released. Then with they come out with the Gold, platinum, whatever edition I'll get it. I HATE buying stuff piecemeal. I did that with Civ 5 (which I just bought) & Skyrim and I'm convinced that's the way to go, Besides, it will have been patched a few times by then and have a nice crop of mods too.

Plus that will give me plenty of time to see what y'all think of it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well, I'm buying it but I'm going to wait a year or so until all the digital content is released. Then with they come out with the Gold, platinum, whatever edition I'll get it. I HATE buying stuff piecemeal. I did that with Civ 5 (which I just bought) & Skyrim and I'm convinced that's the way to go, Besides, it will have been patched a few times by then and have a nice crop of mods too.

Actually EA doesn't seem to be selling Ultimate Editions anymore(or at least I couldn't find them for ME2 or 3). Also the engine isn't mod friendly, so you may be disappointed on that front.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Actually EA doesn't seem to be selling Ultimate Editions anymore(or at least I couldn't find them for ME2 or 3). Also the engine isn't mod friendly, so you may be disappointed on that front.

I didn't know that. I bought DA1 (which was the last Bioware game I've bought) as an all-in-one. But I guess it has been awhile since they made that. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

As a happy PC and AMD graphics card owner with Mantle capacity, Tim Schiesser at Techspot writing this made me extra cheerful:

"There are lots of graphics options for the PC version, allowing you to fine tune the level of fidelity. Mantle will be supported in Inquisition as well, for those with AMD systems (it wasn’t ready for the preview), and BioWare tells me that there are no stupid limitations on the PC version: that means no FPS cap, no resolution cap, and even (potential) support for triple-monitor gaming.

Compared to the PS4 version on the other side of the room, the PC version looked superior. That’s not to say the console version looks bad; in fact it looks pretty awesome for the limited hardware that’s found inside. But you’ll undoubtedly get the best experience on PC, with enhanced textures, better lighting and more of the awesome particle features of the Frostbite engine. You also get access to the advanced mouse-optimized interface on PC, rather than the simplified hack-and-slash focused UI on consoles."

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I've never heard of this site before, so can someone try to convince me that they know what they're doing? (ie. aren't clickbaiting, stupid or having sexual relations with someone who has a vested interest in this failing?)

If #GamerGate has taught us anything it's that "reputable" video game sites are no better.

Let's not bring that stuff in here, okay?

• Like 2

Guard Dog: I have to congratulate you on your Discipline of Steel. Wow! Me? I just can't help myself, and as of late, that may include dreadful DLCs as well.

It just means I'm always a little behind. You guys were well into Skyrim while I was just starting Oblivion. Now everyone is done with Civ 5 but I just got it. Besides, it might (unlikely) end up being a total dud (like Rome TW II) in which cease I'll be happy to have missed it.

But, DA is Bioware's baby. I suspect they are going to get this right.

Thomas Sowell

As a happy PC and AMD graphics card owner with Mantle capacity, Tim Schiesser at Techspot writing this made me extra cheerful:

"There are lots of graphics options for the PC version, allowing you to fine tune the level of fidelity. Mantle will be supported in Inquisition as well, for those with AMD systems (it wasn’t ready for the preview), and BioWare tells me that there are no stupid limitations on the PC version: that means no FPS cap, no resolution cap, and even (potential) support for triple-monitor gaming.

Compared to the PS4 version on the other side of the room, the PC version looked superior. That’s not to say the console version looks bad; in fact it looks pretty awesome for the limited hardware that’s found inside. But you’ll undoubtedly get the best experience on PC, with enhanced textures, better lighting and more of the awesome particle features of the Frostbite engine. You also get access to the advanced mouse-optimized interface on PC, rather than the simplified hack-and-slash focused UI on consoles."

Will be a shame to miss out on all of this as I have an Nvidia card - might have one after my upgrade (970) - but I suppose it'll come down to minor stuff.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, in terms of the background I guess it is hard to make it 'open world' and not be like Skyrim. The content and stuff you do on that background is supposedly Bioware's strong point, so not much worry.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Will be a shame to miss out on all of this as I have an Nvidia card - might have one after my upgrade (970) - but I suppose it'll come down to minor stuff.

You're going to have a GTX 970 and you're worried about graphics?  Unless the game is horribly optimized, you won't need Mantle to be able to max the game out at 1080p or come very close to maxing it out with that beast of a card.  Unless you're looking at a multi-monitor setup or are shooting for 4K, you'll be fine.

That's my fear for this game and The Witcher 3 as well.  Having a giant open landscape is great and all, but you have to fill it with interesting places to visit, interesting people to meet, and interesting things to do.  The larger the land area the harder it becomes to fill it with meaningful stuff and the higher the likelihood of there being a lot of FedEx fluff.  At one time, many years ago, I would have given BioWare the benefit of the doubt on making characters, areas, and quests interesting and compelling, because of their track record back then.  These days I don't, because of their more recent track record which I don't think is good. 

Anyway, here's hoping my fears are unfounded and both this and TW3 live up to their potential.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well I might have one. But still, is bothersome to be missing out on any functionality :p

Considering taking the release day and following day off

Edit- Is it just me or does Cassandra look more "mannish" now than in DA2? Also, Hawke sighting at 1:41 and he looks different from Default Hawke

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

On the bright side, it should be patched some more by then

I told myself that I wouldn't buy any BW games anymore, I told myself that I wouldn't buy games during the holidays because of GG...**** it. I'm getting it and sending a picture to BW with a Pro-GamerGate message or something.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I won't be playing on release, still haven't got around to ordering a new computer and won't prior to Christmas. It's not so much the ordering which would take ten minutes but the price/ performance research that will stop me.

Strangely enough, the only part of my 8 year old current PC that is below min spec is the CPU.