RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

The time travel RPG Meantime interests me quite a bit.  I start getting giddy at wacky possibilities of a western take on essentially Chrono Trigger.  Van Buren, not so much.  Acquiring Van Buren doesn't make any sense to me.  To what end?  InExile already owns Wasteland, an IP they just recently successfully revived.  Why create another new post-apocalyptic RPG IP when you already own a successful post-apocalyptic RPG IP?  The only thing I can think of is Fargo & Co. possibly taking the story and ideas from Van Buren anf essentially incorporating them into Wasteland 3.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I dont know, I like old fallouts much more than wasteland - that 60ties feel it have and all that jazz

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

HD version of HOMM III is being made.

And is looking perhaps the most pointless* HD do over of a mostly pointless craze. Graphical updates for a game where graphics are irrelevant (say different and you're implying MMH6 > HOMM3 and thus should be fired into the sun post haste to protect the integrity of the species) and no expansions; but at least you'll be able to boast about your accomplishments on steam!

*Unless you want to buy on tablet, of course.

The HD remake that I want to see, is Riven.  They could do it too, if they still had the render projects, and the original video recordings.  Just imagine the same game, but rendered out in 4k [eh... or even half that], but where they render out the inbetween frames for adding animated transitions between the original stills; to better blend it with the motion video. 

And is looking perhaps the most pointless* HD do over of a mostly pointless craze. Graphical updates for a game where graphics are irrelevant (say different and you're implying MMH6 > HOMM3 and thus should be fired into the sun post haste to protect the integrity of the species) and no expansions; but at least you'll be able to boast about your accomplishments on steam!

It seems the expansions won't get a HD makeover.  :mellow:

The Talos Principle launch trailer.  It releases on Steam in about 20 minutes.  PS4 version due early 2015.

Seems nice, but I am not too much into puzzle games

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

It seems the expansions won't get a HD makeover.  mellow.png

No need, my complete edition plays just fine even today (one of few games which old really well even in graphical aspect)

Edited by Chilloutman

Talos Principle looks pretty awesome. Can't wait for the PS4 version, because I don't think I'll have a working gaming PC anytime soon.

I was reading about the HoM III HD version yesterday. Seems Ubisoft is claiming that the original HoM III looks worse than it actually did to try and sell this. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949321

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was reading about the HoM III HD version yesterday. Seems Ubisoft is claiming that the original HoM III looks worse than it actually did to try and sell this. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949321

It also seems they did so by reducing the resolution on their new sprites so the comparison isn't to the old ones at all, it's to arbitrarily low res versions of their new ones. Have a look at the colouration of the Bone Dragon on the comparison picture and the original screenshot, the original is slightly off white in colour while the new (and comparison to new) sprites are both significantly yellowed.

VB? Wasn't the concept for that basically recycled for NV and the DLCs?

Well, whatever Van Buren is going to be, it ain't gonna be a Fallout (in name only?). The bridge to Bethesda is still in smoldering ashes due to that noted hamster arsonist, Faran Brygo.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Maybe it's literal, an 19th century political RPG revolving around van Buren himself. Because that's the only reasonable use of acquiring the trademark that I can see.

/reaches for wallet

When's the Kickstarter?  How can I support this?

I am looking forward to working through law practice and gaining skill in whose ass to kiss and sensing which political machine to back.  Eventually I can work my way up to the Albany Regency and exploit the bejesus out of the spoils system.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think Utah and Caesar's Legion were taken from VB, but thats it.

VB? Wasn't the concept for that basically recycled for NV and the DLCs?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Reminded me of something like Dreamfall, but not as good.  Will win GOTY for inducing "feelings" and "experiences".

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This is from the developer that did Remember Me, right?  If that's the case then maybe it's for the best that the game doesn't include much actual gameplay and is instead a David Cage style movie game with an occasional QTE thrown in, though hopefully the narrative will be a lot better than a typical David Cage game.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸