Drama in indy gaming and games journalism part 2

Tale

Elemental: Destiny's Embers?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

With these people, seem like when all you have is a hammer..

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah. Supposedly they considered the plot of "saving mankind from 'the Fallen'" to be analogous with "saving white people from black people".

That seems less racism and more cliche fantasy.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if some of the journalists pulled this stunt because they themselves are pooping their pants just as much as the developers are.

I don't see why the social-justice/anti-gg side would be concerned.

The whole 'gamersgate' movement accomplished little and has no idea where to go next.

Gaming 'journalists' will get a larger air of superiority from it, that's one thing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if some of the journalists pulled this stunt because they themselves are pooping their pants just as much as the developers are.

I don't see why the social-justice/anti-gg side would be concerned.

The whole 'gamersgate' movement accomplished little and has no idea where to go next.

You misunderstand me. I'm saying it's reasonable to believe the journalists (as some game developers are as attested to by indie dev daniel vavra) are only on the side of social-justice crowd publicly because they are scared of the social-justice crowd turning on them and harassing, doxxing and pretty much all around ruining them. Not that they are afraid of the gamers.

The story so far: Mods at 4chan are banning and censoring any GamerGate thread on the site, WikiLeaks and Asange have commented on the subject by criticizing the censorship, there is a heavily biased wikipedia article that was obviously put there by SJWs, Christina Sommers puts a video talking about the subject.

On a personal note; I still want to kick ass an chew bubblegum.

• Like 10
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The story so far: Mods at 4chan are banning and censoring any GamerGate thread on the site, WikiLeaks and Asange have commented on the subject by criticizing the censorship, there is a heavily biased wikipedia article that was obviously put there by SJWs, Christina Sommers puts a video talking about the subject.

On a personal note; I still want to kick ass an chew bubblegum.

Finally had the time to watch this, it was fantastic.  

This is interesting @thunderf00tgot his twitter account suspended, and made a YouTube video response to the situation.

I don't always agree with thunderf00t, but getting him banned was a **** move. The more this goes on, the worse these folks look.

• Like 6

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I agree, I don't really agree with all of his videos. I think that getting him banned is like he says though... It makes those he is speaking out against look like they are scared of what he is saying. It also is a form of harassment. If he were female we could cry sexism, misogyny, and hypocrisy.

Since he is male it is justice, though. /sarcasm.

• Like 1

Unbelievable. Apparently it's not social media any more, but social justice media.

You act like there's supposed to be some sort of difference. Why shouldn't people be allowed to talk about what they want?

Because then those peoples icky ideas might get into your ideas and warp your brain to the point that you won't know who you are anymore.

Semi-drunkenly-seriously though, The thing about social media in the hands of the social justice elite is that they'll use the tools available to them to censor the opposing viewpoint rather than actually attempt a dialogue because it's much easier to ignore than to engage in a proper conversation where you might be proven wrong *much gasping in the senate chamber*. And social media and the internet in general is designed around ignorance because not everyone wants to hear every hooting **** in several countries personal explanations of why hitler was right.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

This is interesting @thunderf00tgot his twitter account suspended, and made a YouTube video response to the situation.

Has thunderfoot even said anything out of line...?

Anytime I've come across a video from him it was basically a rebuttal or counter-argument to something Anita said in her videos.

Yknow, a response. Those things Anita so fervently avoids by disabling comments and screaming misogynism.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?