[Possible Spoilers] Pillars of Eternity will be livestreamed at Gamescom

The colors are bad, but they are the same colors Baldur's Gate used.  That same ugly "green green" was there, there was a crazy bright red, a puke yellow, the bright blue was terrible, etc etc.  It is just those models were so small and the colors were so barely used you couldn't tell unless you really looked.

Perhaps you're right. I do recall some stark colours, but were they this stark? Interesting.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

The orlan thing might have something to do with the armor. It was weird how when Adam picked a female Paladin she had like quite large breasts, and when he changed to the Plate mail, completely flat, as if taped down 20 times ... lol

They are absolutely not the same as the BG colors Karkarov, if you get a color picker and pick the RGB values from them they will be completely different values.

EDIT: That green he chose looks much better in the game though, almost as if it's a completely different (darker) green.

People, that is how plate armor works <_<

Seriously. They don't design armor with breasts on them, that type of armor is less protective and exists only in fiction.

People complained about that and thats why they don't do it.

Edited by BrokenMask
  • Like 1

The orlan thing might have something to do with the armor. It was weird how when Adam picked a female Paladin she had like quite large breasts, and when he changed to the Plate mail, completely flat, as if taped down 20 times ... lol

Well Sensuki the forums really did beg for realistic armor over, and over, and over, and over, and over......

A woman in realistic plate armor isn't going to be showing a lot of boob :p.

Haha! Yeah, not even a one-tonne piano dropped from 100 feet would make those poor boobs jut out through the plate mail.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Well if the plate can't even stop a pair of boobs it probably wouldn't be much use as armor.

Really digging the aumaua, by the way! Certainly in the lead for first character choice.

• Like 1

Well Sensuki the forums really did beg for realistic armor over, and over, and over, and over, and over......

Haha! Yeah, not even a one-tonne piano dropped from 100 feet would make those poor boobs jut out through the plate mail.

And like I said, armor with boob sockets(besides not making sense... I mean, have you ever seen even a shirt with boob sockets? Seriously, why the hell would armor need boob sockets, there is plenty of space anyway? So that people know if person is wearing a helmet whether its girl or guy?) is actually less protective than normal armor

I like realistic armor, but the concept armor of a woman wearing plate that Kazunori Aruga did looked better, let me find it and I'll edit the post.

Nobody said that in solo run you need to do all quests and kill all monsters. If you can finish the main storyline in solo run that counts.

I am assuming (dangerous I know) that the main quest contains enemies more deadly than two stone beetles and one wood beetle. 

Actually they said sidecontent is going to be harder then main content. Also all battles depend on level you fight them at and quality of your equipment.

Edited by archangel979

Okay so here's the female model:

jarring.jpg

Tell me the difference (same sex, same race, same model) doesn't look jarring to you.

That plate version doesn't look very feminine to me (besides the slightly thinner chest)

pe-ArsPlateFemale.580.jpg

Here's the art Kaz did. Ignoring the head, the proportions are quite feminine

In the IE games it was very, very easy to differentiate between a male and female model of any class. This game it appears that will not necessarily be the case (which is annoying).

The female plate version could have done with that slight curve, which Kaz has drawn in the concept art.

Edited by Sensuki

I like realistic armor, but the concept armor of a woman wearing plate that Kazunori Aruga did looked better, let me find it and I'll edit the post.

Okay so here's the female model:

female_wat.jpg

That doesn't look very feminine to me (besides the slightly thinner chest)

In the IE games it was very, very easy to differentiate between a male and female model of any class. This game it appears that will not necessarily be the case (which is annoying).

The female plate version could have done with that slight curve, which Kaz has drawn in the concept art.

Yeah, and the female models for pretty much EVERY class in all the BG's and IWD's had gigantic boobs (2/3rd's exposed boobs and exposed thighs if you weren't wearing heavy armor) and the whole deal. The only reason nobody remembers that is because the models were TINY. It was ME2/ME3 in miniature, straight off the cover of a bargain bin Forgotten Realms book.

I would like to PERSONALLY thank the people who pushed for realistic armor and clothing for the females in PoE and the developers who listened. At least the game won't make me feel like a sad lonely nerd when I play it, and I can actually put the wife onto it without her sighing in disgust at character creation.

Edited by Panteleimon
  • Like 2

I agree those pictures are more feminine looking, but even still the one in the middle without the head on it could easily be taken for a guy too.  There are also two other considerations here.  First the armor they are wearing in the beta walkthrough is the crappiest looking/lowest quality plate out there I imagine, but the pic shows off pretty nice looking plate armor.  Second.... that is concept art... concept art never 100% matches the game.

Edit: I will toss out one other thing.  I came into the stream late and missed the initial character creation.  But I could, in fact, tell that the fire godlike was female at pretty much a glance and my stream was even initially running low quality.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1

Sensuki: Fun fact - That plate Kaz has drawn on that woman with a ponytail is actually 100% male, taken from plates worn more or less exclusive by male individuals in medieval Europe. Interestingly, several of the clothes worn my men in those days would be considered effeminate and queer today.

Also, for a Godlike like in that image you showed us with a burning head, define "feminine". We don't know much about their sociocultural setting at all.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

Yeah, and the female models for pretty much EVERY class in all the BG's and IWD's had gigantic boobs (2/3rd's exposed boobs and exposed thighs if you weren't wearing heavy armor) and the whole deal.

Edited my post to show the contrast between the two models.

Actually read my post next time before coming charging in with your social justice warrior hat on.

Sensuki: Fun fact - That plate Kaz has drawn on that woman with a ponytail is actually 100% male, taken from plates worn more or less exclusive by male individuals in medieval Europe. Interestingly, several of the clothes worn my men in those days would be considered effeminate and queer today.

I know it's only slight, but do you not see a difference between the angle of the curve in the concept art, and the flat plate piece used in the game, in comparison to the chain model, the difference is jarring.

Also, for a Godlike like in that image you shoed us with a burning head, define "feminine". We don't know much about their sociocultural setting at all.

Ignore the heads, I'm talking about the bodies.

Edited by Sensuki

Oh good. The boobplate discussion again.

I'll be over in the romance thread. Arguing about romance.

Nonsense, a console port would make no difference to the quality of the game.

• Like 3

I can't determine if that Coastal Amauna is a monkey or a bird :(

So please tell me what happened? How did Brandon die to a bettle? What was Josh doing? Did the bettle drop a shell? How far were they in the game that they have face such terrible monsters like ogres? These monster have special abilities? Tell us more, don't just say, "lol! brandon's dead".

Oh good. The boobplate discussion again.

I'll be over in the romance thread. Arguing about romance.

Read my ****ing post before accusing me of talking about boobplate.

I'm talking about what they said they would do, use realistic armor but accentuate the feminine figure of the armor so that you can tell the difference between the male and the female figure in the armor.

This particular plate does not meet that vision (IMO) and that's why I'm pointing it out.

The MALE version of Plate looks like it would suit the female model better IMO.

Edited by Sensuki

So please tell me what happened? How did Brandon die to a bettle? What was Josh doing? Did the bettle drop a shell? How far were they in the game that they have face such terrible monsters like ogres? These monster have special abilities? Tell us more, don't just say, "lol! brandon's dead".

The wood beetle poisoned him and he failed to get aggro with his fighter (wearing much better looking gear) so he got ganged up on by two poison spewing wood beetles.

• Like 1

The wood beetle poisoned him and he failed to get aggro with his fighter (wearing much better looking gear) so he got ganged up on by two poison spewing wood beetles.

I assume Josh was busy talking about the game and forgot to heal Brandon or something?

I assume Josh was busy talking about the game and forgot to heal Brandon or something?

Nope, it is a single player game.  Josh wasn't playing it at all.  He just let the situation get out of hand quickly.  The poison honestly seemed massively OP, it took the mage down literally in 2-3 seconds.

To further drive my point home, here is the MALE and FEMALE versions of Plate

Untit46464ed.jpg

The male version has a proper curve, and the female version is completely flat

Is the artist trolling?

Use the same curve on the female, and bob's your uncle.

The male version has a proper curve, and the female version is completely flat

Is the artist trolling?

Use the same curve on the female, and bob's your uncle.

I agree the shading is rather strange on the female version of the armor and does make it look like it curves in slightly at the center.  We will have to wait for the beta to judge for ourselves!

• Like 1