What's on the idiot box... Part 3

Rosbjerg

Watched all of True Blood. Pretty good. One thing learned after avoiding HBO for years is that they definitely have their style. L0L I don't get why some people dislike Sookie. She's damn good heroine (being H0T helps of course :D). Also, the show screwed up. They wanted me to cheer on Eric torturing that preacher's wife and using her as a sex blood slave for all eternity. It failed. I was wholely in her camp. LMAO

I loved  True Blood, its use to be my favorite series of all time but I think the overall quality of the series got less impressive as it went on. I still enjoyed it though, I want to buy the whole series as a collectors item 

I don't think I have ever seen a sadder moment  from a TV series when Godric killed himself, very emotional. The reasons he wanted to die and Eric begging him not to end his life, very evocative  ;(

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Agree. Godric was cool. Eric was a good character but people pretend that he's good when he's the very defintion of evil (having people/vampires/spawn you care about doesn't make you good). Even Hitler likely had people he loved.

\Like that scenario above.  Show wanted me to cheer Eric on in the last season with the preacher wife but, to me, he was most definitely the bad guy there.

i wish they did a better part with their 'fast forward happy ending'. I would have loved to see Sookie's actual journey into happiness not have the show press  a 'WIN' button. L0L

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Agree. Godric was cool. Eric was a good character but people pretend that he's good when he's the very defintion of evil (having people/vampires/spawn you care about doesn't make you good). Even Hitler likely had people he loved.

\Like that scenario above.  Show wanted me to cheer Eric on in the last season with the preacher wife but, to me, he was most definitely the bad guy there.

i wish they did a better part with their 'fast forward happy ending'. I would have loved to see Sookie's actual journey into happiness not have the show press  a 'WIN' button. L0L

Yeah it did seem like a "quick end " to the various characters stories in the last season, I suppose they just wanted to show that some characters did indeed end up having a good life without explaining. Personally I wanted Sookie to end up being a Vampire and marrying Bill and living happily ever after..but I guess it wasn't meant to be :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I would have preferred  having Bill being turned back into human and them living happily ever after if they went that route. They could have done it easy. I had a good diea for a season 8. Another easy way would have been have Sookie's magic light ball turn him human. She was told by the fairy king that it would 'kill' a vampire' but that easily coulda been loopholed into technically 'killing' the vampire by turning them human (and continuing their life from the age they originally died in for the ultimate happy ending).  But, what can ya do. End as is, just seemed to blaisse.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

I would have preferred  having Bill being turned back into human and them living happily ever after if they went that route. They could have done it easy. I had a good diea for a season 8. Another easy way would have been have Sookie's magic light ball turn him human. She was told by the fairy king that it would 'kill' a vampire' but that easily coulda been loopholed into technically 'killing' the vampire by turning them human (and continuing their life from the age they originally died in for the ultimate happy ending).  But, what can ya do. End as is, just seemed to blaisse.

You right, that could have worked. Her light ball could have in fact reversed the Vampirism in Bill.

That would have been a better  ending because they both would have ended up living there lives as human but been together 

John Milton 

L0L Yeah but we're talking series finale and since the show went for the happy ending (outside of bill and preacher wife stupid pro rapists they are) they should have just gone all the way.

There was a Wheel of Time pilot on FXX last night, after midnight. 30 minutes fairly low budget and probably only created so Red Eagle could hold onto the license.

It's basically the prologue of Eye of the World. They avoid doing the rising of Dragonmount, obviously because that would have cost money.

It can be found on youtube, but due to the questionable legality of those links, I won't share.

I feel comfortable sharing this however.

BHse8kZ.png

Edit: Neither Brandon Sanderson nor Harriet McDougal Rigney (Robert Jordan's widow) knew about this.

https://twitter.com/BrandSanderson/status/564649980775108608

https://www.facebook.com/TaverenTees

Pity they also avoided Kate Upton's b00bies.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Red Eagle Entertainment suing Robert Jordans widow for slander. Here's the full thing:

Law360, San Diego (February 12, 2015, 8:08 PM ET) -- The producers of a TV adaptation of Robert Jordan’s “Wheel of Time” fantasy book series accused the author’s widow of slander on Thursday in California federal court, alleging she publicly ridiculed the pilot that aired days before the producers’ rights were set to expire.

Red Eagle Entertainment LLC’s 30-minute pilot for the series aired on FXX in the early hours of Feb. 9, at 1:30 a.m. EST, and was quickly derided by fans and writers for its low-budget special effects, slow pacing and stilted acting. Red Eagle’s rights to the series would have expired on Feb. 11 if it hadn’t aired anything.

Jordan’s widow Harriet McDougal released a statement Monday distancing herself from the pilot. She claimed that her company Bandersnatch Group Inc., which is Jordan’s successor in interest, had a deal with Universal Pictures to produce the show, not Red Eagle.

“I see no mention of Universal in the ‘pilot,’” she wrote. “Nor, I repeat, was Bandersnatch, or Robert Jordan's estate, informed of this in any way. I am dumbfounded by this occurrence, and am taking steps to prevent its reoccurrence.”

Red Eagle alleges that it granted some rights to Universal but they reverted back to Red Eagle last year. McDougal knew Universal was no longer involved because she and her lawyers were told about the rights change, according to the suit. Her statement was meant to disparage the show and cast doubt on Red Eagle’s legal ability to produce the pilot, the company alleged.

“Instead of confirming the rights for which she has been so richly compensated for, McDougal sought to harm the business prospects of [Red Eagle] by making statements she knew to be false,” Red Eagle said.

Red Eagle’s dealing with Jordan dates back to 2004, when a subsidiary paid Jordan $35,000 for a one-year option to buy movie and TV rights for the first of 15 books in the “Wheel of Time” series. The company eventually paid another $595,000 to extend the option and buy the rights, which would revert back to Bandersnatch if nothing came of the deal, according to the complaint.

The subsidiary, Manetheren LLC, signed a separate deal with Universal in 2009, giving it an interest in making films or a TV show based on the book, but the rights came back to Manetheren in February 2014 because Universal hadn’t started shooting by then, the complaint said.

McDougal was invited last year to a series of meetings between Manetheren, Sony Pictures Television and Radar Pictures LLC about a possible TV series and offered to serve as a consultant, according to the suit. Red Eagle claims McDougal never raised any concerns about Manetheren’s rights to go ahead with the show.

Manetheren further claims McDougal breached a 2008 deal over comic book rights, with both sides agreeing not to make any negative or contentious public statements about each other. And contrary to McDougal’s released statement, Manetheren was not required to get her approval before releasing the show, the producers said.
Representatives for the parties did not immediately respond Thursday to requests for comment.

Red Eagle is represented by Jonathan D. Freund and Stephen P. Crump of Freund & Brackey LLP.
Counsel information for the defendants was not immediately available.

The case is Red Eagle Entertainment LLC et al. v. Bandersnatch Group Inc. et al., case number 2:15-cv-01038, in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.

They are going to lose the last few fans who thought REE could actually do something positive with the rights.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Oooo...Netflix has 2nd season of Crossing Lines. I know what I'm doing the rest of the night!

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Is it weird that I can tell Dags has a boyfriend ... since she began three years ago, my all-time favorite dynamite meteorology mistress Dagmar Midcap at NBC7 San Diego has been professional, prim, gorgeous and strong, but tense. Just this new year, on camera, she's totally radiant, infused with a relaxed grace that comes from only one place I'm aware of. Good for you, Dags.

All Stop. On Screen.

Yesterday I watched the first two episodes of Better Call Saul! Episode two was really good and it felt to me like it went by really fast.

I really liked the intro of Nacho (Michael Mando) and looking forward to seeing how his chr. develops.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Walking Dead : yawn, boring episode. I get the grief/downtrodden/worse before the dawn stuff, but dragging it out for a full episode seemed a bit much. The aspect of traveling/being hungry bits I liked tho. And ... darnit, that wasn't Morgan. But still cool.

An unfortunate lack of Penguin in the latest Gotham episode. This simply won't do. Hints of another villain, but the producers are rather vague about it.

I give it a 6 out of 10. Must try harder. And include more Penguin.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Re-watched the first season of Rome over my holiday, nice to see the disciplined fighting structure of the Roman Maniples, not the usual Hollywood charging and shouting idiocy. A fantastic cast and surprisingly historically accurate, though obviously compressed due to the time span. I thought the subplot between Ceasar and Vercingetorix was surprisingly touching, even though it was a very little part of the whole.

The HBO focus on sex scenes was a little overblown again however, one can understand presenting a differing perspective on sex and privacy, but it just made me and the Mrs uncomfortable.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Rome, especially the first season, was magnificent. Along with the Larry Sanders Show, it's my favorite HBO series.

I like their attention to detail and love their matter of fact portrayal of slavery and different classes.

The Battle of Alesia was a nice introduction to Roman military tactics from the Centurion POV.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

", but it just made me and the Mrs uncomfortable. "

Good.

Oh Volourn not that kind of uncomfortable, you are awful, but I like you.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Watched the latest episode of Gotham. It was decent. Not much kiddy stuff. Nice introduction to everyone's (my) favorite villain.

Also had the time to watch Better Call Saul! Not as good as episode 2 but still good. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next episode.