The Funny Things Thread.

Rosbjerg

I'm not sure I will ever tire of Turn Down for What parodies.  :lol:

I hadn't even heard of "Turn Down for What" before this. :/

Looked up the video on YouTube - v. strange.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• Like 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Am i right in reading the subtext, Shumacher is still in a coma ?

He is still''waking up.'' Whatever that really means, waking up from a coma should never take that long. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Well, the likelihood of him surviving this are slim-to-none. Most people are just waiting for the Schumacher family to announce it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Doritogate part deux.

Chester Cheetah is very disappointed in your snack recognition skills.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Am i right in reading the subtext, Shumacher is still in a coma ?

What, no, yes he is, but Porsche returning to Le Mans has nothing to do with Michael. No new information about Schumacher since April:

“Michael is making progress on his way. He shows moments of consciousness and awakening. We are on his side during his long and difficult fight, together with the team of the hospital in Grenoble, and we remain confident,” Kehm said in this morning’s statement.

Schumacher has been breathing without the aid of machines for several weeks and this latest bulletin would not have been issued if the family did not believe that there was something behind it. They would not want to create false hope.

All Stop. On Screen.

i-nnknNzJ-1050x10000.jpg

"Hey guys. I think we should go back to our old pin and spoon grenades. Vigilante black hats hacking into our new networked grenades and prematurely sending us into the company of forty virgins was not a problem we had with the old grenades."

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

av0joxX_700b.jpg

• Like 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken