RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Valiant Hearts: The Great War is now open for pre-orders on Steam.

I cried a tear, or two, or maybe five.

Ubisoft may not be the company that introduced such seminal experiences to me like Silent Hunter III/IV, Raven Shield, and Chaos Theory (as fun as Watch Dogs and Far Cry 3 can be), but it can't be denied that they're still full of pleasant surprises.

I suspect they bought this to maintain their street cred. Not that they have any. No way do I believe that this passed through offical development channels.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

^seems incredibly likely, yes.

The grammatically challenged "Among the Sleep" is out. Krillbite's Kickstarter success where you explore the realm of night and darkness, as seen through the innocent eyes of a toddler. Featuring a fully knitted bodysuit, intense psychic teddybear hugging action, and unmatched physics-based crawling mobility techniques.

...seriously, though. Game by Krillbite, tiny indie dev from home, i.e., Norway, Hamar. Give it a click for me.

http://www.gog.com/news/release_among_the_sleep

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

Does it matter whether Ubisoft bought the game to show off "look how indie we are" or whether they legitimately thought "hey, this sounds like a neat project, let's fund this"?  Bottom line is they funded Valiant Hearts and it's coming out as a result.

I'm a results driven guy.  I don't much care if the famous actress visited the sick children out of her own volition or whether her publicist had her do it as a way to gain good publicity.  In the end, the result is the same, some sick children got a visit from the famous actress and were made to feel happy.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I like a grammatical challenge. Among the Sleep ... among the sleep ... among ... the sleep ... implying plurality to something accomplished strictly on a singular basis. Er, no, that's stupid, I got nothing. Anyway, toddlers scare me--sleep-walking nightmarish toddlers would render me catatonic. Completely unconscious. Maybe even, among the sleeping.

In other news, Playstation at E3 this year is gonna be humdinger. As many as six major announcements being teased so far.  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I suspect they bought this to maintain their street cred. Not that they have any. No way do I believe that this passed through offical development channels.

Ubisoft has generally been the best of the big publishers at doing 'niche' titles- it's not so long since M&MX which it is very hard to imagine EA/ 2K/ Actiblizz etc doing. Outside of Civ there's very little tbs or even rts from the other big publishers now, but Ubis till do the Anno and Heroes series. They certainly give the best impression that they care mostly about titles being profitable rather than being all blockbuster all the time and going solely for the super profitable.

I suspect there will be a few more WW1 games to coincide with the centenary. AGEOD is doing a WW1 grand strat for example, hopefully it will be better than their previous attempt at it which was... a mite unstable and just about took the studio down from what I remember.

• Like 2

Ubisoft has generally been the best of the big publishers at doing 'niche' titles- it's not so long since M&MX which it is very hard to imagine EA/ 2K/ Actiblizz etc doing. Outside of Civ there's very little tbs or even rts from the other big publishers now, but Ubis till do the Anno and Heroes series. They certainly give the best impression that they care mostly about titles being profitable rather than being all blockbuster all the time and going solely for the super profitable.

I would agree with that.  Whatever their motivations, Ubisoft, as of late, has been a lot more inclined to go against the grain than other behemoth publishers.  Sure, they still churn out their annual AssCreed and SphincterCell cash cows, but they've also put out the aforementioned M&MX, plus Child of Light, and now Valiant Hearts.  Even Rayman, though an established franchise, saw a return to 2D platforming.  What other behemoth publisher, outside of Nintendo, is putting out 2D platformers these days, or any kind of platformers, for that matter?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Why should they? 2D platformers are ancient garbage. They are so very passe.

Irrelevant. Is there market? Make it and sell.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I like a grammatical challenge. Among the Sleep ... among the sleep ... among ... the sleep ... implying plurality to something accomplished strictly on a singular basis. Er, no, that's stupid, I got nothing. Anyway, toddlers scare me--sleep-walking nightmarish toddlers would render me catatonic. Completely unconscious. Maybe even, among the sleeping.

In other news, Playstation at E3 this year is gonna be humdinger. As many as six major announcements being teased so far.  

:p ..other expressions that work perfectly fine in Norwegian: "A little bit of a disaster", "Slight storm", "Steal to a small degree", and so on.

But pretty sure they're going for... if you watch a baby falling asleep, there's a moment where they look at something, and they're not actually awake. But they're still lucid in the sense that they are using their senses, and looking at something and trying to focus their eyes, and so on. 

Which somehow describes perfectly how I think of the Sony E3 conference as well, but .. well.

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

:lol:

Dude you are very funny :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hmm, this, Child of Light, heck even Stick of Truth. UBI seems to be trying to create an alternative list of titles and set themselves appart from the other big publishers as well as trying to break free from the one trick pony thing they had going with seemingly being all about Assassin's Creed.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Ubisoft will always suck for what happened to GR & R6 :p

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Valiant Hearts: The Great War is now open for pre-orders on Steam.

tubevideo

I cried a tear, or two, or maybe five.

Ubisoft may not be the company that introduced such seminal experiences to me like Silent Hunter III/IV, Raven Shield, and Chaos Theory (as fun as Watch Dogs and Far Cry 3 can be), but it can't be denied that they're still full of pleasant surprises.

It's Ubisoft Montpellier, if anyone has "street cred" in Ubisoft, they do. <_<

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I was watching a video tour of the Piranha Bytes offices (shut up, I'm not obsessed!) and this came up:

hmm_zps6ea69cc8.jpg

Seems they enjoyed Stick of Truth. Neat.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ubisoft will always suck for what happened to GR & R6 :p

No idea what either of those are, so probably nothing I ever cared about :p

I'm guessing Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six.  Not my type of games, though Ubi did put out Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, admittedly a very different type of GR game, for 3DS a few years back and I loved the bejesus out of that game.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yes, Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six. Basically made the games more about the action than the whole "thinking man shooter" shtick. I mean in Vegas 2 there's a boss. An endgame boss. That is a gunship.

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Did'nt it have a healthbar aswell, or am I just remembering it even more bitterly than before?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken