RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Have the Saint's emigrated to Nepal? And if that chap's a Ghurka then the enthroned gentleman will soon be rather regretful of any hostilities I think.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Does this mean that the canon playthrough of Alpha Protocol has Michael Thorton sparing Brayko?  Did Ubi broker a deal with SEGA to use one of its characters?  Will SIE make an appearance in Far Cry 4?  Please tell me SIE makes an appearance in Far Cry 4.  SIE was the best.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hah, that's awesome, we need to make sure everyone calls him Brayko when this game comes out.   :)

It looks like a cool setting, Far Cry 3 was pretty great, so I'll pick this one up.

Thats my view as well. I loved FC2. So this will be a 1 month purchase for me...I always wait 1 month before buying any game to wait for feedback and the first patches to get released

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Dear god, I hope we don't get Marty MacWhite as a protagonist again.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Far Cry 4 confirmed, set to ship mid-November

It's going to be set in a fictional Himalayan monarchy. I'm guessing the white guy is the self-appointed "king", as it takes a very confident man to wear a pink suit.l

Is it just me or does that "white man" has distinct Mongolian features? 

An albino Tibetan perhaps? At least it is something different.

He looks Slavic to me, which is not at all unreasonable for that geographical area.

He is anything but slavic. The eyes are quite obviously asian. Although he could be something else, doesn't exactly exhibit strong racial traits. Only bad taste in clothing.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

He is anything but slavic. The eyes are quite obviously asian. Although he could be something else, doesn't exactly exhibit strong racial traits. Only bad taste in clothing.

A lot of Slavic people have Asian features.  While the Slavic peoples originated in Eastern Europe, they spread pretty deep into Asia and there's obviously been a lot of interbreeding.  At what percentage does one stop being Slavic and starts being Asian, I'm not certain.  It depends on the Slavs in question.  For example, you take someone who's Polish, like this guy (/points to self), and there's not much in the way of Asian features, since Poland is on the western end of the Slavic countries.  Poles do tend to have a little bit of Turkish features mixed in since we had a lot of contact (both friendly and very violent) with Turks, particularly when Poland was larger and extended further south.  You take someone who's Russian, especially from the eastern areas of Russia, and you're likely to find more Asian features.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

A lot of Slavic people have Asian features.  While the Slavic peoples originated in Eastern Europe, they spread pretty deep into Asia and there's obviously been a lot of interbreeding.  At what percentage does one stop being Slavic and starts being Asian, I'm not certain.

I'm Slavic. Can tell a slav across a street in a blizzard.

That said, there probably has been more than a little mixing in the Russian east, so its certainly possible.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

A lot of Slavic people have Asian features.  While the Slavic peoples originated in Eastern Europe, they spread pretty deep into Asia and there's obviously been a lot of interbreeding.  At what percentage does one stop being Slavic and starts being Asian, I'm not certain.

I'm Slavic.

So am I.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Flat, broad faces are usually a hallmark of Mongoloid races and yes Slavics sometimes tend to look Asian(as they are). Maybe the character is the bastard child of a Russian soldier?

@Drowsy: Prove it! I want to see your best squatting.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm Slavic.

So am I.

But the percentage of slavs exibiting eastern asian features is probably far lower than those with partially nordic, turkish, central asian etc features. Dunno, the guy's eyes definitely look eastern asian to me. Can't place the rest.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Speaking of Slavic and "Slavic" features, according to my grandfather who fought in the winter war, there was nothing more terrifying than Kyrgyzians. Big slavic faces, but with asian eyes, and hair like a russian bear. Their eyebrows made Breznhev envious. 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Sarex, we don't always see eye to eye on stuff, but this gaming tip certainly struck a chord in me. Who wouldn't want to be an All American hero saving the world from the cruel grip of Nazis in a retro-1960s setting? Thank, buddy. I bought it on Greenman Gaming via Melkathi's 25% code there. So, like 29 quid wasn't too bad. And those brown shirts certainly seem to be particularly nasty in this game. *Shiver*

P.S. While I was at it, I got another WW2-inspired game, namely COH2 the Western Fronts on GMG as well. In that way, I used an impressive 1£ discount I apparently had accumulated on that site. It seems to be a summer of war ahead of some of us (Hmm, that didn't sound nice and right at all, but you get my drift.) :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

It's becoming harder and harder to differentiate and separate ethnic groups as so much interbreeding is going on that we're all moving toward one mixed race (fine by me), with the exception of a few remaining remote and isolated regions.  As long as we remain an interconnected world and something doesn't come along to knock us back 1000 years technologically and start another dark age, splintering groups into isolated pockets again, this will continue until there are no more separate ethnic groups.  That is, until we colonize other planets/moons, then we'll splinter off into Earthers, and Martians, and Europans, and so on.

Anyway, I've derailed this thread long enough.  Sorry about that.

Looks like they're remaking Oblivion in Skyrim:

Remaking Morrowind in Skyrim I understand, since it was far and away the most interesting (full) game Bethesda has ever made, but why remake Oblivion?  Why put Cyrodiil, a land even more generic and boring than Skyrim, into Skyrim?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

And the tagline of the project: Yo dawg we heard you like Oblivion so we put some Oblivion in your Skyrim so you can Oblivion while you Skyrim? 

Hmm, sounds appropriately pointless.

• Like 1

Skyblivion? Egads, what a horrible construct (not a comment on the effort to put Oblivion into the Skyrim engine, but just...yuck).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Remaking the Oblivion areas and the dungeons should be super duper simple.  They can just make one Oblivion area and one dungeon, then just copy & paste it a whole bunch of times to make the rest, just like Bethesda did.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Jesus christ, do you have to dock like that each and every time? It looks nice but it takes... forever. 

Just staying true to the original. Although in the original, you ended up crashing against the docking station wall more often than not. Imagine dying that way after spending a good five minutes trying to dock..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Assassin's Creed Unity being developed by 10 Ubisoft studios worldwide

While I have zero intrest in the game franchise, I'll give Ubisoft Montreal a big applaud if they succeed managing that mess.

I'm not sure what you mean by mess? The AC games are very stable and have a huge following. For example I have played  every AC game except for Black Flag

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Assassin's Creed Unity being developed by 10 Ubisoft studios worldwide

While I have zero intrest in the game franchise, I'll give Ubisoft Montreal a big applaud if they succeed managing that mess.

I'm not sure what you mean by mess? The AC games are very stable and have a huge following. For example I have played  every AC game except for Black Flag

To be fair, with the current level and quality of telecommunications, it shouldn't be as hard to keep things organised/on track over different countries then it is to keep different departments scattered around a building.  The problems would be more shared language/cultural work attitudes, and time zones.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Guest Slinky

All the telephones and video conferences in the world won't help if the project lead doesn't keep close tabs on things and that seems to be difficult in single studio projects at times, now there is ten studios.

That just can't be easy.

I would love to see how they make that work, because anyone familiar with working on multinational sites at the same can tell that it is anything near easy.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy