What you did today

Tale

Last time on what you did today, mkreku gets a package that may or may not be a mail order bride in pieces.

lilpackage_zps2d30c190.jpg

A small package arrived from Hong Kong today. First out of three.

• Like 5
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I noticed the parcel was sent by someone called Bruce, but its not me. So the mystery deepens :ermm:

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But there can be only one!

Or is that immortals and not Bruces? Maybe we can lop some heads off until we're sure? Not yours of course, other Bruces.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

But there can be only one!

Or is that immortals and not Bruces? Maybe we can lop some heads off until we're sure? Not yours of course, other Bruces.

:lol:

You are correct in some respects, I am the original Bruce. There are other pale imitations but I have come to accept that and firmly believe the world is big enough for many Bruces 8)

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I shook my head today..

A small Christian community on one of the Island of Denmark are all convinced that Pokemon cards are the work of Satan.. And apparently burning cards is now the new craze (pardon the pun) for this little community - Their preacher was healed of a minor paralysis after burning a card and soon the trend spread, healing everything from numbness, pain and back aches..   "Good" to see that religiously fueled superstition is still going strong in the 21st century. I wonder if it's a coincidence that the preacher is American?

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Faith can move mountains and numerous studies have shown its beneficial healing qualities, but burning Pokémon cards? I'd say the pastor might need to move his bowels because he's full of fertilizer.  :wacko:

• Like 3

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

I shook my head today..

A small Christian community on one of the Island of Denmark are all convinced that Pokemon cards are the work of Satan.. And apparently burning cards is now the new craze (pardon the pun) for this little community - Their preacher was healed of a minor paralysis after burning a card and soon the trend spread, healing everything from numbness, pain and back aches..   "Good" to see that religiously fueled superstition is still going strong in the 21st century. I wonder if it's a coincidence that the preacher is American?

It never ceases to amazes me how blinded and ignorant religious extremists can be, and yet they think they can see the truth :rolleyes:

• Like 2

John Milton 

Pretty tame for an 'extremist'.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pretty tame for an 'extremist'.

A religious extremist is just someone who has an extreme interpretation of religious doctrine and acts on it. You don't need to blow-up planes to be considered an extremist

• Like 3

John Milton 

I'm allergic to birch pollen and this year promises record levels of it (we're already at the maximum of the the three-level scale and all of it is currently long-distance stuff from central europe). So I'm sitting at work, half asleep from the antihistamines and the reason I'm just half asleep are the massive joint pains I'm having. **** it all.

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I shook my head today..

A small Christian community on one of the Island of Denmark are all convinced that Pokemon cards are the work of Satan.. And apparently burning cards is now the new craze (pardon the pun) for this little community - Their preacher was healed of a minor paralysis after burning a card and soon the trend spread, healing everything from numbness, pain and back aches.. "Good" to see that religiously fueled superstition is still going strong in the 21st century. I wonder if it's a coincidence that the preacher is American?

I approve! Pokemon cards truly are the work of Satan. Never did I get the ones I wanted.

• Like 1

I shook my head today..

Where do they get the cards from? If they are buying them, I am sure Nintendo doesn't mind the extra profit.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

You are correct in some respects, I am the original Bruce. There are other pale imitations but I have come to accept that and firmly believe the world is big enough for many Bruces 8)

14maoes.jpg

• Like 2

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

I shook my head today..

Now I'm kind of curious about what type of paralysis was and whether there were any of the chemicals in the card responsible for curing it. 

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

A religious extremist is just someone who has an extreme interpretation of religious doctrine and acts on it. You don't need to blow-up planes to be considered an extremist

And again that is pretty tame.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I shook my head today..

Now I'm kind of curious about what type of paralysis was and whether there were any of the chemicals in the card responsible for curing it. 

:lol:

We not sure but once the members of the religious group attempted to walk on water we strongly suspect LSD was involved :biggrin:

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

John Milton 

Price of coffee went up by $0.15, great. Also had some weirdo come up to me and told me I should use honey in my coffee not sugar for health reasons.  Not sure what that was about though.

Edited by Malcador

Price of coffee went up by $0.15, great. Also had some weirdo come up to me and tell me I should use honey in my coffee not sugar for health reasons.  Not sure what that was about though.

Yes the coffee price was set to go up because of the bad rain in Brazil effecting the coffee crops . That guy is right by the way, honey is better for you..but I suppose you are already so sweet you don't need to become sweeter :biggrin:

John Milton 

Probably is, even though the honey is the mass-produced stuff.  Aim is to just drink coffee with no sugar or milk, should be able to handle any bitterness by that point.

Price of coffee went up by $0.15, great. Also had some weirdo come up to me and told me I should use honey in my coffee not sugar for health reasons.  Not sure what that was about though.

Malc, this post highlights just how different you and I are ( which we already know )

I also do what that guy did, you do it because you are trying to give someone good advice. But it can be misunderstood and seen in a negative light....like when you said he was weird for suggesting you use honey. It reminds me of that joke where I  ask a stranger to pay for my groceries in a supermarket line

John Milton 

Malc, this post highlights just how different you and I are ( which we already know )

I also do what that guy did, you do it because you are trying to give someone good advice. But it can be misunderstood and seen in a negative light....like when you said he was weird for suggesting you use honey. It reminds me of that joke where I  ask a stranger to pay for my groceries in a supermarket line

I would be fine with a friend saying something like that, but from a stranger... Well, I would think he should mind his own business. It sort of comes across as... "Hi, I don't know you, but I'd like to tell you what to do..."

I shook my head today..

Well, there are people that have psychosomatic blindness, could be something like that I suppose. Or just plain bull****. :)

I know about Amway, we also have them in South Africa. What is your primary issue with there business model?

It's a pyramid scheme as many others pointed out, and have been in legal troubles over the years. Multi-level marketing is just another cloak they use to hide the pyramid scheme itself, and it's sometimes called pyramid selling. Not all multi-level marketing companies are pyramid schemes though, but most of them are since they focus more on recruiting people than selling their products.

Atleast I said no when she asked me to join, before I knew it was amway she was recruiting for, smelled fishy when she told my mother of the costs.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I would be fine with a friend saying something like that, but from a stranger... Well, I would think he should mind his own business. It sort of comes across as... "Hi, I don't know you, but I'd like to tell you what to do..."

Valid consideration Wolfmeister, there is an art to giving advice or chatting to strangers. I have learnt through trial and error what works and the best way to get your advice seen in a positive light...but sometimes you can't help being misunderstood

John Milton