What you did today

Tale

Waded through the labyrinth of Whole Foods. They don't have any good apples. Most displeasing.

What constitutes a good apple?  For me golden delicious are tops.

I like Braeburns and a few local variants.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Up at 0450, trains not running, still up.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Imo, the step down in amenities from an all inclusive resort to a villa / boutique will severely harsh your buzz.

Looks like we've settled on a secluded spot in Uvita, Costa Rica, it's not all inclusive but my wife has already fallen in love with it. It's pretty small with only five villas but I'm hopeful it will turn out okay

It looks beautiful, hope you guys have a good time.

I would be terrified to see my bar tab at the end of the vacation. :lol:

• Like 1

I broke my friend's tooth on Saturday. This morning they fixed it and now it's impossible to see anything was ever wrong.

The wonders of technology! What a time to be alive..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Now I am wondering if flashbangs are an effective method of classroom control. 

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Lovely 20C and sunny out, so went for a stroll with Purple Hair. Walking around a cemetery/park called "The Assistent's Cemetery". Found a huge Mauseleoum/grave from 1723. Crazy to think it's been there for almost 300 years...

Fortune favors the bald.

Woke from weird dreams to a sharp headache and a dodgy stomach. Got up to make tea and take some meds, then crashed back and had more surreal dreams.

Now laying in bed and preparing myself to get up and help move some furniture around this afternoon...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I survived. And I didn't need to call for Malcador to extract me!

First group of hundred kids were very well behaved (kindergarden through to third grade). Very quiet and very keen to participate. Two girls were even taking notes and tried some basic "interview" questions afterwards.

Second group was a lot louder, with a couple of "difficult" boys. That of course affected the rest of the group. Add to that that it was getting closer to noon, so they were alreadya  bit more tiered. Still also good participation.

Random:

Question: "What hobbies would you suggest to this dragon, to pass his time?"

Answer, 2nd or 3rd grader: "San Andreas"

"Erm, scuse me?"

"Oh, it's a game."

"I know..."

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Got my hair cut, I couldn't stand having it semi-long no longer. I have no idea how people can live a happy life with their long hair, it always gets in the way, it needs constant brushing, washing every day, its annoying, it gets awfully filthy when sweating, its hot and doing sports with only semi-long hair sucks lots.  

I cannot describe the orgasmic feeling when the trimmer cut my annoyingly long hair back down to 4mm on my sides and back of my head.

People with long hair are mad. And now I appreciate short hairstyles on women even more. (Because short hair is a clear sign of sanity)     :p

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

HOT. Hot hot hot. Like massive high pressure, low humidity, triple-digit Santa Ana wind speeds hot. 90+ damn degrees at the coast hot. No wonder the Middle East is retarded, it's always HOT there. I'm positive air conditioning would be the number one effective global terrorism deterrent. 

All Stop. On Screen.

My tax returns... Got to pay $2800. I suddenly have the urge to drink some booze.

I had to pay as well.  In a way, not really a bad thing as I had that money over the past year rather than the government doing it, but still hurts to pay any bill.  Will up my RRSP contributions a bit to help offset that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Been walking in the woods and slipped out on a wet stone while my right leg was trapped between two large rocks. Twisted my knee and ankle at least 120 degrees, hurt so bad that i felt really sick for a couple of minutes. Had to make it back to the car which meant limping a couple of very painful kilometers through dense forest uphill. Now my leg is really swollen, though I think I only injured all my tendons and pulled all my muscles attached to my foot, the bones seem to be intact. Hurts like a motherf.. though, feels like truck parked on my leg. 

Been walking in the woods and slipped out on a wet stone while my right leg was trapped between two large rocks. Twisted my knee and ankle at least 120 degrees, hurt so bad that i felt really sick for a couple of minutes. Had to make it back to the car which meant limping a couple of very painful kilometers through dense forest uphill. Now my leg is really swollen, though I think I only injured all my tendons and pulled all my muscles attached to my foot, the bones seem to be intact. Hurts like a motherf.. though, feels like truck parked on my leg. 

Whoah, that sounds scary. Glad you made it back safe. Someone less trained would maybe not have been so lucky.

Thinking about going to the hospital now, the pain has gotten almost unbearable, can't even crawl to the toilet anymore. Maybe my foot IS broken. I should have stayed in bed today. 

Edited by Woldan

I spent much of my day watching a guy try to disprove relativity through thought experiment.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hope your foot is not broken, Woldan. Would suggest medical evaluation.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hope your foot is not broken, Woldan. Would suggest medical evaluation.

Torn ligaments and/or tendons can be worse than a bone break.  He should absolutely get this evaluated. 

Best of luck, W.