What you did today

LadyCrimson

I did my taxes. The man wants yet another pound of flesh this year

I blame my wife as she got a bigger raise than I did this past year

I'd blame the god damned government that thinks it has more right to your earnings than you do.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hey, I think there might be a football game on today. I seem to remember hearing something about that around all the hoopla about commercials and halftime shows.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Got a little bummed over the fact that Philip Seymore Hoffman died - always liked his acting.

I just found out about that five minutes ago.

That really sucks.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Hm, was hoping it was some health concern rather than the overdose I'm reading it was.  Stupid way to go out.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'd blame the god damned government that thinks it has more right to your earnings than you do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM

Yes.. the government..

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Parents showed up this weekend with a carload of hand-me-down baby stuff that my niece has outgrown.  Dad and I worked on electrical and handyman stuff (upgrading some ancient outlets, installing a ceiling fan, cutting up my old office desk and using it as material for new closet shelves), while my wife and mother assembled baby equipment and laundered tiny clothing.  So the kid's room is coming together, and overall baby-preparedness is rising.

The downside is that I am posting this from my new home office & gaming PC location in the basement. 

Edit:  Oh, and if anybody recalls the drama last week with the cell phone I ordered that never arrived?  Turns out that it was not stolen-- FedEx simply took a full week to make an "overnight" delivery, and lied about it on their website. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

Yes.. the government..

You know something mkreku, in all the years we've been posting on these boards I don't remember ever expending a single pixel or byte telling you how f---ed up Sweden is, or what I think Sweden is really like. Or what I read on the internet about what Sweden is really like. I always figured that since I've never actually lived there... how would I know. Imagine that.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

Someone's got to pay for those roads and stuff, y'know. :p

Still waiting on paper work so I can file mine, bank always is slow with them though so will be another month.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yes.. the government..

Politiks aside, that's actually a really good video.

But yeah, go Amerika!!!

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

P.S. Hoffman died? That sucks. Especially the method, if true. Hardly older than I am. Certain drugs one should just say no to, always. Always.

I'm so flu-sick it's not even funny. But at least I can mostly breathe so I don't think I'm on swine-flu's death door. ;) Just omg...so weak/dizzy/aching. Isolated myself in this room, surrounded by otc meds. I was disappointed Thera-Flu seems to be gone (hubs went to 3 stores, couldn't find any). Also, it can be really difficult, apparently, to get any cold meds WITHOUT any tylenol (or aspirin - I can't take aspirin) in it. I prefer Advil (joint pain/swelling) and don't want to double-up.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hey, as long as they're leaving you over 50 % of their salary (unlike me) ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I have no problem paying for some stuff that benefits all. In fact some things, I'd be willing to pay even more than we already do. That said, I do often have a difficult time believing where my taxes are actually being spent is truly what they say it's being spent on. 

I also still firmly dislike the US self-employment Soc. Sec. tax laws.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hm, idling along a little. Doing a bit of work related reading, took a momentary break to see what Mirror's Edge is like, then dabbled in a bit more reading. A friend wants me to help quiz them later on some Biochem stuff they're learning, trying to get the grades needed to get into Nursing school.

Hm and an author's latest story is out on amazon in a few hours, I might have to keep an eye on that.

First of all.. fresh tea. Possibly something for a lunchtime snack too.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You know something mkreku, in all the years we've been posting on these boards I don't remember ever expending a single pixel or byte telling you how f---ed up Sweden is, or what I think Sweden is really like. Or what I read on the internet about what Sweden is really like. I always figured that since I've never actually lived there... how would I know. Imagine that.

Ideally I'd agree, but you live in the only true western superpower, so your country is of greater geo-political concern than ours and directly influencing us, hence the bigger focus and hence the opinions.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Everywhere is the same if you don't have strong feelings about political borders and nation states one way or the other. Well, not the same, rather American identity doesn't belong to just Americans anymore. Globalization and everything. 

I know lots of people who go to superbowl parties and eat burgers and drink beer who have never been there and have only a cursory understanding of the rules. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Does that mean I can start complaining that (insert preferred group here) took our identity?

I probably paid more sales tax than income tax, but I'm a student who works part time.

Been working out daily, trying to lose about 15 pounds this month.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Someone's got to pay for those roads and stuff, y'know. :p

Still waiting on paper work so I can file mine, bank always is slow with them though so will be another month.

Sure... roads...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUtyUTLeW1g

@GD: You don't need to tell me how ****ed up my country is—chances are whatever you can dig up around the Internet, I've already spent some time raging about. Can't argue with the numbers, though, so don't take it too personally. It's funny because I have nothing but nice things to say about the Americans I've had contact with... you guys really need to take back your country.

OT: Slept late, took it easy with the iron, watched some free physics lectures from MIT. It's interesting that the knowledge is more or less given up for free, but if you want to have an official piece of paper that says you are XYZ, then you have to shell out some serious dough.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Banged my lower shin against a barbell, the pain level could be best described as MOTHER OF GOD RAAAARGH! This how it must feel to get shot in the leg. Must have popped a vessel, got a lump there half the size of a golf ball.

But set backs like that won't stop me from finishing my exercise, no sir.  :getlost:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

talking about lumps, I seem to have developed some kind of stress rash that displays itself as lumps all over. 

Or I have bubonic plague.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That's some stress you are under. Perhaps a profession change ?

• Like 1

talking about lumps, I seem to have developed some kind of stress rash that displays itself as lumps all over. 

Or I have bubonic plague.

Swollen lymph nodes? Maybe you're about to get sick and thats the first sign? 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

What if he's just allergic to snow?

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yesterday some good Samaritan left a note on my windshield telling me that someone had backed into my rear bumper while it was parked, and against all odds managed to get the license plate number.

Today, I got rear-ended at a red light. 

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling