Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What you did today

update community

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
528 replies to this topic

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9164 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'd guess one doesn't have to have a memorial - eg, I might just forgo it altogether. I'd rather not 'claim' the reward then put in something weaksauce because I can't think of anything I'd like. :lol:

And currently about to do some errand-hopping, then dinner making, then probably couch-flopping whilst a cat licks my face and chews on my hair. Feeling unmotivated and brain-dead today. Even gaming requires too much thinking. Heh.

Edit: oh what the heck...screw those errands. And the stack of paperwork and forms I've been neglecting. And the dirty laundry. I'm starting my couch-flopping now. Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow.

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3316 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Getting woken up in the early hours of the morning by a large dog bursting into your room, leaping onto your bed, and landing on sensitive areas does not make for a good start to the weekend...
  • Azdeus likes this

Azdeus

Azdeus

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.
Yeah but Mars is really just a tad above vacuum, in fact 1% or less of earths atmosphere density is labeled as ''trace gas'', and Mars' atmosphere density is 0,6%. I really doubt its enough to keep liquid water from boiling.

The only way to keep water from escaping the planet or asteroid via vaporization is to keep it frozen, like the poles on Mars, or under lots of pressure. It can't turn into a liquid state without vaporizing in a near vacuum environment.

Gonna have to send this question to NASA.

It does'nt stay liquid for long though, according to Wikipedias Mars page under hydrology;

"Liquid water cannot exist on the surface of Mars due to low atmospheric pressure, except at the lowest elevations for short periods".

Today my sister said she was pregnant and it is'nt planned, wich makes me pissed off, because a) I hate kids, b) could've been avoided if she and her boyfriend took precautions and c) I don't know if she's actually serious or not.

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Obsidian ViP

• Members
  • 5012 posts

Realized just how crazy my hangout bar is - they were holding a "Dusk till Dawn" theme party last night and suddenly strippers with snakes came in and gave free tequila shots. While this crazy Mexican themed rock band was just going insane.. I was half expecting them all to be vampires, it was pretty spot on.

My favorite part was that all the old time rockers came 'round and partied hard.

1503954_211241535726763_1143255595_n.jpg

bad picture of her, but you get the idea

1488327_211241725726744_381138567_n.jpg

• BruceVC likes this

Woldan

Woldan

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Today my sister said she was pregnant and it is'nt planned, wich makes me pissed off, because a) I hate kids, b) could've been avoided if she and her boyfriend took precautions and c) I don't know if she's actually serious or not.

Oh man, I have zero respect for people who have unprotected sex and then get 'accidentally' pregnant. Its so goddamn easy to avoid yet it still happens, it simply boggles my mind.  :facepalm: 

What I did today: went to the shooting range and had so much fun, shot like a laser, my reloads worked like a charm, the wonderful smell of burned powder in my nose. Since my reloads worked so well I can now begin manufacturing a couple of hundred rounds for each rifle which gives me something to do on the coming dreary boring winter days. Today has been a good day.

Edited by Woldan, 14 December 2013 - 09:56 AM.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Oh man, I have zero respect for people who have unprotected sex and then get 'accidentally' pregnant. Its so goddamn easy to avoid yet it still happens, it simply boggles my mind.  :facepalm: 

With much sympathy for your position, I would suggest that perhaps you're just not being presented with exciting enough options to have sex.

Woldan

Woldan

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

With much sympathy for your position, I would suggest that perhaps you're just not being presented with exciting enough options to have sex.

I might be an instinct-driven mammal but NO situation could be so exciting that I'd forget taking precautions that safe me from screwing up my life forever. Its just too important. If there is one thing thats more important than absolutely anything else at all the times no matter what its having full control over my life. 

Edited by Woldan, 14 December 2013 - 10:52 AM.

• Azdeus and aluminiumtrioxid like this

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Obsidian ViP

• Members
  • 5012 posts

Gotta agree with Woldan, there are plenty of equally exciting things you can do if you don't have protection. A great sex life requires discipline ;)

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9164 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

@Ros - I really like that blk/wht photo of the older man in the round hat. I find it happy/inspiring.

Shower soon, lunch with a friend, after which I'll do those errands I avoided yesterday (famous last words?), then more couch-flopping. All I want to do is half-doze under warm covers, lately.

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Obsidian ViP

• Members
  • 5012 posts

I know right. :) so I'll be going out in few minutes to celebrate my married friends birthday, let's hope she's not too wild tonight..

Also saw this and immediately thought of you LC hah.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15929-1375294727-0.

• Walsingham, Serrano, Azdeus and 1 other like this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9164 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Oh man...if kittah's could be that big I could flop on their belly, listen to their rumbling purring and die of happy.

...in my errand hopping this afternoon (curse holiday season shoppers, curse them!) I realized what it is that I can't stand about places like K-Mart/Wal-Mart/whatever-mart. Around here at least, they all seem to have cashiers who take 10 minutes to process a single customer with 3-5 items. So there can be 3 people in front of you and by the time you get to the cashier yourself, 7 more have backed up behind you. I don't understand it. It's not rocket science. By the time I leave such a store I'm so annoyed I'm turning blue. :biggrin:

• Azdeus, BruceVC and aluminiumtrioxid like this

Agiel

Agiel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 703 posts

Oh man...if kittah's could be that big I could flop on their belly, listen to their rumbling purring and die of happy.

I don't know about that. When cats lay their eyes upon something half their size, isn't their natural instinct to kill it faster than you can say "Mittens"?

• Walsingham and aluminiumtrioxid like this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9164 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

But if you raised them from wee like we do now, and they just grew that big, they'd know it was you. Not that they might not accidentally kill you with a friendly paw-pat...

I'd be more afraid of their tongues, personally. Even if they were trying to give you a friendly smooch, those rough tongues they have, at that size, would probably flay you alive.  Even house-cats can lick a spot on your arm nearly raw if they have a mind to. :disguise:

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4370 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

"flop on there bellies" :lol:

And cats have such soft bellies that would be great

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Gotta agree with Woldan, there are plenty of equally exciting things you can do if you don't have protection. A great sex life requires discipline ;)

And I'm saying that if you go right to the edge of ANYTHING you will inevitably fall over at one point or another.

I'm not denying there are shiftless halfwits making inadvertant babies. But I'm also saying that you can do the same from an excess of adventurousness, and a cavalier disregard for danger.

If the latter then I'm glad such people are having babies.

Azdeus

Azdeus

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 717 posts

What I did today: went to the shooting range and had so much fun, shot like a laser, my reloads worked like a charm, the wonderful smell of burned powder in my nose. Since my reloads worked so well I can now begin manufacturing a couple of hundred rounds for each rifle which gives me something to do on the coming dreary boring winter days. Today has been a good day.

Yeah, I don't have any respect for it either. It's not much hassle compared to either an abortion or 18 years of hell.

****s sake sis, why did'nt you go anal?! -.-'

How many rifles do you actually have?

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3316 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hm, got a whole list of various tasks, errands, admin stuff and all sorts to deal with today. Kind of half-heartedly making a start on it but finding the enthusiasm wildly lacking.

Woldan

Woldan

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

How many rifles do you actually have?

The exact number is: not enough.  :>

It does'nt stay liquid for long though, according to Wikipedias Mars page under hydrology;
"Liquid water cannot exist on the surface of Mars due to low atmospheric pressure, except at the lowest elevations for short periods".

Aha, ok. But what is this stuff that seems to be oozing out of the rocks and forming small streams? I mean those NASA guys always say its probably water even though its not possible.
Alien goo?:w00t:

Edited by Woldan, 15 December 2013 - 04:32 AM.

Azdeus

Azdeus

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 717 posts

The exact number is: not enough.  :>

Aha, ok. But what is this stuff that seems to be oozing out of the rocks and forming small streams? I mean those NASA guys always say its probably water even though its not possible.
Alien goo? :w00t:

Haha! Let's hope it's Elerians if that is the case! ;)

Edited by Azdeus, 15 December 2013 - 05:38 AM.

• Woldan likes this

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8293 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Had an early morning for the office today. 5 am... and I'm usually one of the night guys.

At least I didn't wake up to my cat purring/stuffing his nose in my ear. It's a little disturbing to feel that. Although he has been more talkative (in between absolutely destroying my carpet and sleeping while hating me for even thinking of cuddling)

• Azdeus and Woldan like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: update, community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users