What you did today

Rosbjerg

Dealing with a massive bout of insomnia. Sex followed by two highballs of Knob Creek didn't even help. But compared to what some of you folks are dealing with... I have no problems. Might as well get some work done.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

They have computer game jigsaw puzzles. Sadly, most of them don't offer more than maybe 400-500 piece options, which for me makes them too quick/not fun. There's a few that go up to 1000. I'm more the 1500-2000 piece sort. That usually keeps me busy for a few days...

Think I'm still better off buying a physical one. Which is too bad, because they take up a lot of room and give one a sore neck. :lol:

Ever wanted to try out one of these bad boys?

img58705806.jpg

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Dealing with a massive bout of insomnia. Sex followed by two highballs of Knob Creek didn't even help. But compared to what some of you folks are dealing with... I have no problems. Might as well get some work done.

You have access to better insomnia cures than I do.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

This isn't you failing to go to sleep.

This is you failing to stay awake, having sex and drinking bourbon.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Gracias Nep.

Taking it slow at the moment, an American friend decided to call and wish me happy birthday  but got time zones a little out, which meant the phone call came through at about 4am.

Got up to another phone call this morning, which required me to switch on the PC and do some work, but then I kind of zoned out for another two hours after I got that done.

Mostly I take it slow on my birthday. I have to admit, I always feel a bit odd because yesterday was the anniversary/birthday of an older sister I never met because she died in birth. So there's no real emotional slam on just, just a general feeling of oddness from going from that date to my birthday.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ever wanted to try out one of these bad boys?

:lol:

I've done ones that are almost all black. I usually find such easier because you have no graphics to interfere with perceiving the interconnecting shape-outline, which is what I mostly go by. But if there's only one or two shapes used, or close enough to seem like it, as it appears is the case of that one, that could give me trouble. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Got back from Las Vegas last night. I was going to take today off too just to recover but I decided to come to work and save a day. Had a great time and managed to not lose too much money.

Welcome back, sooooo what stories have you got for us :brows:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Nothing too extreme. My wife won an all expenses paid trip from her work so airfare, hotel, food and alcohol were all covered. Night one was the House of Blues in Mandalay Bay, night two was Javier's in Aria, and night three was Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville, which by far was the most fun of the three. Good times and I even managed to get out of there only down $100 in gambling. Also took in a comedy show called Defending the Caveman, which was pretty hilarious.

Nothing too extreme. My wife won an all expenses paid trip from her work so airfare, hotel, food and alcohol were all covered. Night one was the House of Blues in Mandalay Bay, night two was Javier's in Aria, and night three was Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville, which by far was the most fun of the three. Good times and I even managed to get out of there only down $100 in gambling. Also took in a comedy show called Defending the Caveman, which was pretty hilarious.

I remember you mentioning it, it sounds like it was a great trip :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hm, stuffy head and a nose bleed, plus my sister dropped off her big dog here for us to "babysit" for the day & night because she's got some mix of work event she won't be able to get home from, and a big evening out thing.

Tonight I'm going for drinks and dinner with someone I've known for ages. She is a really interesting lady, knows how to have fun and has just got out of a relationship. I have pizza, Vodka and Tequila on the menu and we'll see how the night progresses :dancing:

John Milton 

Urf. Back from a batch of errands around the village. Hm, it's 16:30, it's a grim day and I've just got in.. I think I'm going to call it quits for work, make a cup of tea, and then see what AC: Black Flag is like on the pc.

Spine concertina'd. Re-reading notebooks, trying to synthesise the week's work.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So I bought an Ipad mini for my 6 year old daughter this christmas, and my wife has recorded how-to videos on there.  It is awesome to watch her walk around with the tablet and follow the directions for making hot chocolate.

• Like 2

Been pondering about spending my tiny disposable capital either on a sword I've fallen in love with or on reloading supplies like bullets, powder and all that I direly need. 

Haven't decided yet. 

I need to get rich. Fast. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I vote sword. Swords don't need bullets to be useful. Plus you can look bad ass wielding it. Either that or slice off a toe. Either way. ;) I keep dreaming of owning some far east blade collection, mostly just to admire (since I'm of the "slice off a toe" sort) but sadly I probably won't ever get around to it. Plus, I'm not rich either.

----

Stayed up way too late last night with a friend, so had a late start today. Chores, dinner, now what. Hm.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I vote sword. Swords don't need bullets to be useful. Plus you can look bad ass wielding it. Either that or slice off a toe. Either way. ;)

The problem is I can shoot my guns at the shooting range but I can't do anything with my swords. They're nice but ultimately just really expensive wall hangers, except on rare occasions where I carry them around on medial festivals, two, three times / year. 

I keep dreaming of owning some far east blade collection.

I love Wakizashis.  :w00t:

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Decent night's sleep for once.

Feel weird and light-headed. :)

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Finalized my pillars of Eternity NPC. No turning back now. It'll be fun to find said NPC in the world, however small the role if said NPC is.

Can you share some minor details?

John Milton