What you having for dinner tonight?

Gorth

Jimmy Johns just sent a driver over to pass out 4" sandwiches to everyone in the office. I grabbed a turkey sub and it was delicious. The other choices were Ham and cheeses sub and avocado and cheese sub.

You gotta love Jimmy Johns. The subs are plain, but really good.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm making meatloaf tonight. The tomatoes, onions, & celery in it all came from the garden. Fresh veggies are the best!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've alternated artichokes and asparagus pretty much every night.  I love this season.

Eating leftover grilled artichokes, and drinking black coffee.

You really have to try this. It combines on the tongue and makes a taste quite literally like nothing I can describe.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Had some fantastic hot smoked haddock, eaten with cheap and nasty white rolls, and drank ice cold white port. Good contrast.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Tripe & Beans

6eKzsnO.jpg

Okay I'm even more impressed with your eating choices, well done on the tripe. I enjoy it but that is something loads of people don't eat

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I only 'liked ' it so the stupid bastard would eat more tripe.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Full disclosure: I now want some tripe to eat.

-Elwood Blues

Spiced up some flour with coriander seed, pepper, fenugreek, allspice, and Maldon seasalt.

Thoroughly coated lamb chops in the flour then fried them over a high heat until just going crispy. Deglazed the pan with a strong red wine.

Served with simple lightly boiled veg.

EDIT: I thought I'd made a mistake by undercooking the leeks - large chunks, pretty much just toasted in gravy at the last minute. But a sip of this barnstorming Southern Italian red wine and all is stormy perfection.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I made breakfast for my wife. 

2 breakfast burritos (sausage, egg, cheese), hash brown, a coffee ... also known as a number 8 (I think) at McDonalds

Currently snacking on homemade cracklins

I'm not a fan of tripe but I do love me some chittlins but my wife won't let me make them at home so it's a treat reserved for when I go back home

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

I feel as if Amish people are building a barn in my head.

-Elwood Blues

Spiced up some flour with coriander seed, pepper, fenugreek, allspice, and Maldon seasalt.

Thoroughly coated lamb chops in the flour then fried them over a high heat until just going crispy. Deglazed the pan with a strong red wine.

Served with simple lightly boiled veg.

EDIT: I thought I'd made a mistake by undercooking the leeks - large chunks, pretty much just toasted in gravy at the last minute. But a sip of this barnstorming Southern Italian red wine and all is stormy perfection.

I like the way you cook because its generally simple but sounds delicious, and I normally have most of the ingredients you mention

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 breakfast burritos (sausage, egg, cheese), hash brown, a coffee ... also known as a number 8 (I think) at McDonalds

I'm not a fan of tripe but I do love me some chittlins but my wife won't let me make them at home so it's a treat reserved for when I go back home

Sucks.  Chitlins be some doggone tasty goodness.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sucks.  Chitlins be some doggone tasty goodness.

I wouldn't mind trying chitlins, if someone else has gone to the trouble of making them edible. But there's no way outside of an apocalypse that I'd bother making them myself. And even then it would be less time consuming and smelly to imprison other survivors and make them do it.

-Elwood Blues

I'm making this for dinner tonight. Lady GD went shopping to I get to cook!

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mexican-style-stuffed-peppers

I'm also making char grilled corn on the cob.

But first I'll warm up with a glass of fine single barrel small batch bourbon with two ice cubes. Or two.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I'm making this for dinner tonight. Lady GD went shopping to I get to cook!

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mexican-style-stuffed-peppers

I'm also making char grilled corn on the cob.

But first I'll warm up with a glass of fine single barrel small batch bourbon with two ice cubes. Or two.

Nice recipe idea, thanks :)

John Milton 

Big stew, I reckon. Or a curry. I have a lot of spare chilis and garlic.

-Elwood Blues

Slow cooked belly pork this morning. Coriander seed, salt.

Curried beef shin this evening. I just can't get over how good high grade shin can be. I used one beetroot to colour and sweeten the curry.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Pizza from the little pizza joint in Covington. You know how every town has that little hole in wall restaurant that doesn't look like much but has really good food? Well.... this wasn't one of those. 

• Like 4

Thomas Sowell

Pizza from the little pizza joint in Covington. You know how every town has that little hole in wall restaurant that doesn't look like much but has really good food? Well.... this wasn't one of those. 

:lol:

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21