What you having for dinner tonight?

Gorth

Most likely, chicken soup with carrots and rice.

Are you 65 years old or what?

Sore throat. Cough.

In the end I went with the above, plus five cloves crushed garlic, and a tin of anchovies.

Still sick, I am eating fried beef mince with chopped chilli and fresh ginger. Fresh lime squeezed over.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

A friend of ours is staying over so we went out to Willams and Graham. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before but it's a speakeasy themed bar that has a bookstore "front" and a hidden passage behind one of the bookshelves to the bar in the back.

Anyway, I we ordered 2 orders of roasted bone marrow (one without bacon because our friend doesn't eat pork), brussel sprouts, and fries to share. I then had a french onion soup made with oxtail and it was delicious. My wife some lamb something or other (gross) and our friend had a duck confit pot pie which was pretty good. 

I'll post the drinks on the drink thread because drinks for the drink god

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

A friend of ours is staying over so we went out to Willams and Graham. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before but it's a speakeasy themed bar that has a bookstore "front" and a hidden passage behind one of the bookshelves to the bar in the back.

Anyway, I we ordered 2 orders of roasted bone marrow (one without bacon because our friend doesn't eat pork), brussel sprouts, and fries to share. I then had a french onion soup made with oxtail and it was delicious. My wife some lamb something or other (gross) and our friend had a duck confit pot pie which was pretty good. 

That sounds like a awesome little eatery and I took a look at the menu. Very appetizing. Your wife had the lamb bourguignon, did she enjoy it?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bourguignon can come across quite bitter depending (IMO) on how it is slow cooked and injudicious use of bay leaves or cheap wine.

I would expect that pairing bourguinon with the right red wine to drink would counteract this. But I don't know enough about red wine or French cuisine to suggest one.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That sounds like a awesome little eatery and I took a look at the menu. Very appetizing. Your wife had the lamb bourguignon, did she enjoy it?

Yes, she loved it. I didn't even try it as I don't like lamb

She did have it with two glasses of some cab

Free games updated 3/4/21

Curry goat with pumpkin rice cabbage and gravy

oUaCLme.jpg

I love Jamaican food so much.  Also, whoever invented curry, I'd like to kiss that person.  :biggrin:  

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I agree that Jamaican food is awesome.

Today I ate mainly plain good quality burgers with white bread and mustard.

-Elwood Blues

Curry goat with pumpkin rice cabbage and gravy

oUaCLme.jpg

I love Jamaican food so much.  Also, whoever invented curry, I'd like to kiss that person.  :biggrin:  

@ Keyrock

I'm impressed that you eat goat, many people would consider this type of meat too exotic. But goat cooked properly is delicious  

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Goat meat's OK. But you have to admit the little bastards are evil.

-Elwood Blues

I'm not eating it tonight in bulk, but I've made four jars of chilli jam. Equal parts fresh bird eye chillis, fresh carrot, and the zest of one orange and one grapefruit boiled up together till all soft, blendered, returned to the pan then equal quantity of jam sugar. Jam boiled until it began to caramelise then transferred still hot to jars.

The stuff is pretty pokey.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

@ Keyrock

I'm impressed that you eat goat, many people would consider this type of meat too exotic. But goat cooked properly is delicious  

I'm not bothered by "exotic", quite the opposite, it makes me eager to try it.  Besides, I'm originally from Poland and we eat all types of stuff that many Americans would find revolting or at least strange, such as flaki (tripe stew) and befsztyk tatarski (steak tartare) and smoked eel.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Goat tastes pretty close to lamb to me.

Having some guests over tonight and will be watching the Portland - Golden State game as well as Game of Thrones.

Cause enough to go fancy. Will be making fideos with clams and saffron.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

If you cook goat right it tastes just like venison. And I loooveee venison. I should get some goats. The are kinda cool critters.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I had a mushroom, garlic, and basil pizza doused in Sriracha sauce

If heaven had a flavor this would be it

I didn't know what  Sriracha sauce was. I have learnt my new culinary word for the week :)

John Milton 

Tonight I had a large green leaf salad and chicken breasts, it was okay...it lacked taste. But I ate so much junk food over Easter I need to just eat simply for a  few days

John Milton 

Wowzers but I made myself something so much better tonight. A smaller herb salad, avocado pear and feta. Then I did some over baked fish that is truly delicious.

John Milton