What you having for dinner tonight?

Gorth

Last night I had my stable green salad with avocado and feta. I then added Chicken Livers fired in a little garlic butter, I have to say...absolutely delicious :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I thought you South Africans were out in the bush, wrestling wildebeests and zebras to the ground, snapping their necks, then dragging them off and frying them over big bonfires... at least that's what a South African friend of mine tried to convince me of :lol:

The Biltong isn't so bad though, i think I could get used to that ;)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The weather was nice so we fired up the grill.

I made these maple bacon kabobs with ****tail onions which I boiled a bit to make them less vinegary. Also made some truffle fries and poutine though I used some blended cheddar mix instead of cheese curds. We also had burgers with cheddar and american cheese, bacon, an onion ring and bbq sauce

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Before heading back to uni, went to Ruth's Chris with some fellow soon-to-be-graduates buddies from high school. Dined on lobster bisque and a fillet mignon good enough to convert a vegan.

Cost a bleeding fortune though, ~65$ for my casual entree and my portion of the bottle of wine.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Milk and cookies. Specifically, Oreos and Almond mil. Can't say I've had that specific combo before, but then again up until a few weeks ago, I've never had apples with peanut butter.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Before heading back to uni, went to Ruth's Chris with some fellow soon-to-be-graduates buddies from high school. Dined on lobster bisque and a fillet mignon good enough to convert a vegan.

Cost a bleeding fortune though, ~65$ for my casual entree and my portion of the bottle of wine.

I don't think there is such a thing as an inexpensive lobster bisque but that meal does sound delicious   :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On the road today. I ate at MacD's. I'm not proud of it.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Walsie....please tell me that a respected gastronome of your position wouldn't really eat at MacD....you just teasing right...please tell me that :wowey:

John Milton 

Walsie....please tell me that a respected gastronome of your position wouldn't really eat at MacD....you just teasing right...please tell me that :wowey:

I did. And you're going to have to find a new hero.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I did. And you're going to have to find a new hero.

I am mortified....okay I'll survive :skeptical:

I am having Sushi tonight, healthy and utterly delicious. And I'm having it with Wasabi

• Like 1

John Milton 

A tasty Royale with CheeseTM never hurt anyone much.

Not true. 

Many years ago I ate a cheeseburger at McD's and got violently ill for about a day.  My wife and daughter were sharing a hotel with me at the time, and my daughter has never bothered me for McD's since.

• Like 2

A tasty Royale with CheeseTM never hurt anyone much.

Not true. 

Many years ago I ate a cheeseburger at McD's and got violently ill for about a day.  My wife and daughter were sharing a hotel with me at the time, and my daughter has never bothered me for McD's since.

I knew someone would have a MacD horror story :x

John Milton 

I ate a rare t-bone with a baked potato and a couple of pints.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Got some big t-bones and red wine for tea.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Got some big t-bones and red wine for tea.

How many grams are the T-bones and if you make a sauce what sauce would you make that compliments the streak, I'm thinking something hearty like a Mushroom sauce :dancing:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

t-bones belayed because music practice over-ran. Eating them tomorrow.

I wouldn't have a sauce at all, for these damn t-bones. You want the natural flavour to come out. I'll probably rub them with coriander seed and a little paprika tomorrow when I take them out of the fridge, and coat in oil. Let them warm up to room temperature for about an hour before cooking. Just serve with salt on the side, asparagus, and some plain potato. Good fearless red wine, like grenache.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

A badly burned spherical brick of organic matter that is supposed to be a  pizza with very minimalistic topping. It looks like it was baked in the core of the sun while being constantly blasted with gamma rays from a thousand quasars. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Pizza globes ... now that is a tasty idea. Do a Kickstarter for Ball o' Pizza. Six-inch, twelve-inch, twenty-four inch pizza balls. I would like one made of solid pepperoni with a cheese core and an outer ... crust. 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.